[A13] Combat Realism v.1.6.5 (08.05.16) Final release

Started by NoImageAvailable, January 29, 2015, 12:27:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gattazzo

Same thing as Geroj happened to me right now :/

BeLikeWater

Quote from: Geroj on May 09, 2016, 11:00:58 AM
Hi, I was playing for some hour or two and tried to load a game, every autosave is giving me same error, this is from log

Could not execute post-long-event action. Exception: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

at Verse.VerbTracker.get_PrimaryVerb () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Verse.CompEquippable.get_PrimaryVerb () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Combat_Realism.CompFireModes.get_verb () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Combat_Realism.CompFireModes.InitAvailableFireModes () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Verse.LongEventHandler.ExecuteToExecuteWhenFinished () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 56)

This has happened to me as well. I thought I'd try disabling all other mods but it would still happen after fresh deletes/reinstalls of the same. I feel like loadouts had something to do with it

NuclearStudent

Thanks for the time you spent making something amazing. You're a great human being.

porcupine

Quote from: NoImageAvailable on May 08, 2016, 08:45:28 AM
Just uploaded the 1.6.5 release. It mainly updates melee weapons to A13 by adding bulk, weight and armor penetration stats to melee weapons. With this the mod is fully updated to A13 and out of pre-release. It is also the last update I will do as I am leaving Rimworld modding permanently.

With the complete lack of not only any real support for modding but even base consideration for it (almost every alpha brings with it new internal changes like making various public variables private, which does not affect the base game in any way but breaks mods and makes modding harder than it needs to be) and a number of smaller annoyances like the out of touch community management (Tynan unstickying genuinely useful threads such as well-maintained mod lists while leaving redundant ones up, complete lack of communication on issues such as the whole private variabls thing, that sort of stuff) modding Rimworld has become more of a hassle than it ought to be. At this point I just no longer have the motivation to deal with it all. The only thing keeping me was the fact I wanted to bring CR into a semi-complete state before I go. I did have plans for a melee combat overhaul before I go but since the loadout system took up more time than originally anticipated I have decided to can those plans.

Since people asked for it in the past I have uploaded the ODS sheets with all the weapon stats I used for balancing to github so anyone interested in making gun mods compatible with this can look up how the stats are calculated (keep in mind though, that while the sheets include data for Project Armory guns that data hasn't been updated since the last PA release and is heavily outdated). The zip file also includes my personal todo list where I still have a number of outstanding issues and plans for the future, in case anyone else decides to pick up this project (although somehow I don't see that happening).

Much appreciated on the mod, and also the explanation.  Too many people leave communities, and nobody knows how/why/etc.   At least this provides Tynan the opportunity to understand actions that are negatively affecting the community, and ultimately his own future.

Personally, I'm not sure if I'll play subsequent releases without combat realism, and it seems unlikely it'll go on without you.  As far as I'm concerned, this mod represents what should be integral game-play, and I hope there's some method for him to integrate it to the base game in future releases (as opposed to the mod withering due to compatibility issues as new releases come out).

Your work is nothing short of solid, I hope to cross your path again sometime/somewhere! :)

akiceabear

Quote from: porcupine on May 09, 2016, 11:31:26 PM
Much appreciated on the mod, and also the explanation.  Too many people leave communities, and nobody knows how/why/etc.   At least this provides Tynan the opportunity to understand actions that are negatively affecting the community, and ultimately his own future.

Personally, I'm not sure if I'll play subsequent releases without combat realism, and it seems unlikely it'll go on without you.  As far as I'm concerned, this mod represents what should be integral game-play, and I hope there's some method for him to integrate it to the base game in future releases (as opposed to the mod withering due to compatibility issues as new releases come out).

Your work is nothing short of solid, I hope to cross your path again sometime/somewhere! :)

I agree wholeheartedly - this mod added many dozens of hours of extra fun, and I'll have great difficulty playing without it in the future. Assuming I keep playing at all in vanilla...

Many thanks again NIA! Amazing mod.

Geroj

Quote from: akiceabear on May 10, 2016, 01:56:21 AM
Quote from: porcupine on May 09, 2016, 11:31:26 PM

I agree wholeheartedly - this mod added many dozens of hours of extra fun, and I'll have great difficulty playing without it in the future. Assuming I keep playing at all in vanilla...

Many thanks again NIA! Amazing mod.

I can only agree with everyone, great mod, its shame you are leaving NoImageAvailable  :'(
This is something that need to find way into main game and change that crappy RNG system, together with some better colonist inventory UI

DarkFallout

I keep getting the dummy loadout packs. Anyway to fix this?

sad_moosey

Will anyone be able to fix/stabilize the bugs in this mod such as caravans spawning in over-encumbered?

Agent00Soul

As much as I've always loved this mod.. In fact I consider it essential to the experience. This is too buggy in its current state.

I really hope someone else picks this up and runs with it.

NuclearNate

Tynan should have hired this person long ago.

Jin Hai

Tried giving all my colonists short bows to save guns for when I need them, but bows seem to be completely disregarded as weapons. I assume I need arrows, which I can and did make. But I'm also assuming I'm gonna need some quivers, but I can't find out how to make them what so ever. Any help?

AllenWL

You don't need quivers for arrows, just like how you don't need magazines for the bullets.

To use a bow, just make sure the has pawn some arrows in there inventory, and make sure it's the correct type of arrows.
A short bow uses just arrows, a great bow uses great arrows. A shortbow cannot fire a great arrow, and great bows can't fire 'normal' arrows.

Finally, unless drafted, pawns will actively drop items in their inventory if it is not a part of their loadout. So for your pawns to actually carry around arrows to use, you have to give them a loadout with arrows.

Jin Hai

Quote from: AllenWL on May 11, 2016, 02:58:49 AM
You don't need quivers for arrows, just like how you don't need magazines for the bullets.

To use a bow, just make sure the has pawn some arrows in there inventory, and make sure it's the correct type of arrows.
A short bow uses just arrows, a great bow uses great arrows. A shortbow cannot fire a great arrow, and great bows can't fire 'normal' arrows.

Finally, unless drafted, pawns will actively drop items in their inventory if it is not a part of their loadout. So for your pawns to actually carry around arrows to use, you have to give them a loadout with arrows.

Honestly haven't even known about Loadouts until you brought it up. But tried editing files, fixed it (by setting a magazine of 1 and a reload equal to warmup), saw your post, deleted edits, reverted to old save, and before I even touched Loadouts it's working. So... I'm happy and confused, but mostly happy. Lmao

AllenWL

Oh, possibly, you didn't restart the game after loading the mods.
Not restarting the game after you load new mods/change your mod order has been known to make the game go all funny.

Hyena

I think this has already been reported?

But when visitors show up, they tend to drop any gear they are carrying in excess of their max encumbrance. Usually the first visitor to show up gives me a good weapon of some sort and some other random low-tier junk by dropping it as soon as they enter the map, which is, uh, helpful? But also a bug.

Also, when trading with NPCs (this is more common with the hospitality mod because more people are willing to trade) it is possible to trade more stuff than the NPC can carry, which forces them to drop some/all of what you gave them, resulting in basically cheap (or sometimes free) stuff.

I know development on this mod is ceased, but I am really hoping someone will take up the mantle of managing it. I love this mod, I am really reluctant to play without it, but there are obviously still some issues. Not to mention that A14 is probably going to break it again. =(