[1.0] [PROJECT] Hardcore SK project v7: Sunrise

Started by skyarkhangel, May 10, 2015, 11:40:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How you relate for the full removing automatic turrets?

Positive. It's realistic. Fight with killboxes continues.
Negative. Make a button to kill all enemies in one click.

Sekmeth

I was wondering, are there no uses for chicken eggs? I cannot find any recipie that uses them, they are great for trading but would be nice to figure out how I cook them =)

Mrshilka

Quote from: Devon_v on March 21, 2016, 09:42:30 AM
Quote from: Mrshilka on March 19, 2016, 10:48:13 PM
Had Mechanoids drop in just after that as part 3 of the 3 raid faction war event, 6 Skynet took out 24 mechanoids for the loss of one while I killed the other 3, was able to melee down the other 5 remaining thanks to stupid AI but still cost me 2 500 hp beta poly Ballistic shields.
The latest update to Combat Realism addresses mechanoids being damage sponges by giving them internal systems so that they actually accumulate meaningful damage during a fight. They gained heavier armor to compensate, but the author states that heavy weapons are basically more effective against them now, while small arms are baiscally useless against them. That might fix Terminators.

You misunderstand me, it is good they are changed in the new update but I am saying 6 skynet took out 24 mechanoids including mammoths and many centipedes for the loss of one skynet terminator;) Basicly the new changes would let Skynet kill them even faster.
My post was a friendly remind that Skynet is broken op;)

Jorlem

Quote from: Grogfeld on March 21, 2016, 04:13:11 AM
Quote from: Jorlem on March 21, 2016, 03:33:16 AM
Just wondering, have adjustments been made to the joy "jobs"?  Because my colonists are doing things like visiting graves, meditating, and building snowmen to the exclusion of things like hunting, butchering, constructing, hauling, feeding and treating prisoners, and so on.  My colony is only surviving at the moment because I am micromanaging everything they are doing (hunting is especially annoying, as my hunter gets bored and tires to wander off every time he reloads his gun.)  I'm running a version of 2.5 that I downloaded yesterday.
I don't think that something was changed. Everything works as it should. Maybe you have set something wrong in work tab?

If you set in work tab everything on work, no one should wander around, except in cases when they are extremely hungry or tired or of course if you don't set priority on specific job for that pawn. Also in work mode they won't do joy things and go to sleep only when they tired. So check your needs tab, check job priorities and work tab.

If you have everything set on do anything than that's a problem. They will perform actions that will fulfill they needs, and then go working. Hunters check needs every time they reload so on work mode they should do job order or go to sleep (if tired) or eat (if hungry) never do joy task.

At the beginning you can have problems because beds are nerfed, compared to vanilla ones, and everyone will be tired really quick.
Adjusting the schedule did it, thank you.  (Also, I do have an archery target, incidentally.)

On another note, how much charcoal does it take for the coal burning heater to turn on?  I had over a hundred charcoal in the hopper, and it wasn't doing anything.

Kadrush

Quote from: Sekmeth on March 21, 2016, 10:06:09 AM
I was wondering, are there no uses for chicken eggs? I cannot find any recipie that uses them, they are great for trading but would be nice to figure out how I cook them =)

A single egg can substitute any ammount of meat in a food recipe. Example, lavish meal (guess thats the name) costs 5 meat and 5 ingredients, you can replace the 5 meat for a single egg, which is incredibly usefull as meat is not much easy to find, specially with zombies and ants wandering around the map.

Edgewise

Quote from: Kadrush on March 21, 2016, 01:14:15 PM

A single egg can substitute any ammount of meat in a food recipe. Example, lavish meal (guess thats the name) costs 5 meat and 5 ingredients, you can replace the 5 meat for a single egg, which is incredibly usefull as meat is not much easy to find, specially with zombies and ants wandering around the map.

Holy crap, really?  1 egg = all the meat in a recipe?  The recipes don't actually list eggs and when I had chickens, my cook never grabbed them but that was a month or so ago, 2.5 has changed a fair bit since.

And also, the tailoring stations are a bit buggy and sometimes it tries to make things out of the wrong material type then fails to complete.  Manually cancelling the project does fix it, but it's about 50/50 after that that the next time it happens again.

Sekmeth

Quote from: Edgewise on March 21, 2016, 07:47:51 PM
Quote from: Kadrush on March 21, 2016, 01:14:15 PM

Holy crap, really?  1 egg = all the meat in a recipe?  The recipes don't actually list eggs and when I had chickens, my cook never grabbed them but that was a month or so ago, 2.5 has changed a fair bit since.

And also, the tailoring stations are a bit buggy and sometimes it tries to make things out of the wrong material type then fails to complete.  Manually cancelling the project does fix it, but it's about 50/50 after that that the next time it happens again.

Hmm, my colonists have never even touched an egg, they eat them raw in a pinch but not for cooking :/

Edgewise

I think enemy AI needs a bit of tweaking in a couple areas.  I just watched 2 mantis make about a 30 enemy raid group break and run.   It went something like this... 12 or so of them went to melee with the insects while the rest used ranged weapons.  In seconds, all the melee types were dead and then the mantis went after a couple of the ranged attackers, eventually causing the remainder to flee.  I looked over all the corpses and all but 4 of them had 100% of their injuries from friendly fire.  Of the other 4, they were about 80% killed by friendly fire.  Especially the guys with area damage weapons need some tweaking imo, but in general ranged attackers should relocate if friendlies block their fire, and/or melee attackers should try to avoid blocking their friendly lines of fire when charging the enemy.

Maybe have a raid 'leader' or something decide the melee guys go in and the ranged ppl go to invade your base/do structure damage, or visa versa so the one group isn't just wiping out the other.  Have the leader hang back where they are hard to kill, maybe with a guard or 2 that responds if the leader is attacked, and if the leader is killed -then- they fight stupidly with the melee ppl getting in the line of fire, etc.  If possible, I think this would make enemies much less lemming-like.

Tiberiumkyle

I've been having issues with manned turrets failing to properly target things on their own when manned.  I've seen it from every turret type, some are worse than others.  I've determined it's not an issue of combat realism line of sight, as they'll fire fine with a force fire command. This has been an issue since I first started using the mod in early march, still present in latest github version as of this post.

Mrshilka

Quote from: Edgewise on March 21, 2016, 09:44:33 PM
I think enemy AI needs a bit of tweaking in a couple areas.  I just watched 2 mantis make about a 30 enemy raid group break and run.   It went something like this... 12 or so of them went to melee with the insects while the rest used ranged weapons.  In seconds, all the melee types were dead and then the mantis went after a couple of the ranged attackers, eventually causing the remainder to flee.  I looked over all the corpses and all but 4 of them had 100% of their injuries from friendly fire.  Of the other 4, they were about 80% killed by friendly fire.  Especially the guys with area damage weapons need some tweaking imo, but in general ranged attackers should relocate if friendlies block their fire, and/or melee attackers should try to avoid blocking their friendly lines of fire when charging the enemy.

Maybe have a raid 'leader' or something decide the melee guys go in and the ranged ppl go to invade your base/do structure damage, or visa versa so the one group isn't just wiping out the other.  Have the leader hang back where they are hard to kill, maybe with a guard or 2 that responds if the leader is attacked, and if the leader is killed -then- they fight stupidly with the melee ppl getting in the line of fire, etc.  If possible, I think this would make enemies much less lemming-like.

This is something that is hardcoded into Rimworlds Ai itself and would have to be changed their and not apart of any mods.

sidfu

is the coal plant suppose to burn thru peat faster than it can be mined? i put 50 peat in 1 thinkintg that enough for few days but it ate all 50 in less than a few hours. was gonna see if charcoal and coal get eaten the same.

Edgewise

Quote from: sidfu on March 21, 2016, 11:23:14 PM
is the coal plant suppose to burn thru peat faster than it can be mined? i put 50 peat in 1 thinkintg that enough for few days but it ate all 50 in less than a few hours. was gonna see if charcoal and coal get eaten the same.

If you use peat, you basically will need 1 person full time just collecting peat and someone to come put it in the hopper once in a while.  I honestly hate using peat because it's very tedious to continuously micromanage your peat collector and someone to haul it.  If you have someone on perma-haul duty, they will get stuck in a loop of hauling (assuming the peat collection is close to the hopper) because they will take about as long to move the peat as your collector takes to collect one more patch of peat.  :)

Quote from: Mrshilka on March 21, 2016, 11:01:34 PM

This is something that i shardcoded into Rimworlds Ai itself and would have to be changed their and not apart of any mods.

Hmmm.... how about making enemy raid groups all melee or all ranged then?  This should work, right?  Maybe make 2 raids spawn at once with a possible mix of both types, but a delay, with the ranged guys going first and the melee types moving to a different part of the map before making their attack from another direction.  Some raid groups will move to a spot and hold their in the current system, so make them move a fair distance so their attack vector will not be the same as the first group and then both move in at once, something like that.

Kadrush

About eggs substituting meat as an ingredient.

My bad, i was wrong. It works on stock and other mods, but not on hardcore.

Oh, and a possible bug report. Coal Burners are not working for me, or i am using them wrong.

Jorlem

Rather frustrated at the moment.  My map didn't spawn with any gold ore as far as I can tell (I swept through it a few times with the debug viewer), so my ability to make integrated circuits and anything up is completely at the mercy of the RNG giving me traders with the right materials.

Fafn1r

Quote from: Jorlem on March 22, 2016, 04:08:08 PM
Rather frustrated at the moment.  My map didn't spawn with any gold ore as far as I can tell (I swept through it a few times with the debug viewer), so my ability to make integrated circuits and anything up is completely at the mercy of the RNG giving me traders with the right materials.

Have one pawn with skill bonus catch fish all the time and set fish stockpile close to the fishing pier. It yields enough gold ore for integrated circuits.

Jorlem