[1.0] [PROJECT] Hardcore SK project v7: Sunrise

Started by skyarkhangel, May 10, 2015, 11:40:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How you relate for the full removing automatic turrets?

Positive. It's realistic. Fight with killboxes continues.
Negative. Make a button to kill all enemies in one click.

Bunkier

Grogfeld

Quote from: sma342 on March 19, 2016, 04:30:52 PM
Can you add to this modpack Tools for Haul Mod? ;p

I would like that mod too but as it is a great mod it has too many bugs, and last version is really unstable. From what I can tell, only 1.5C versions works for me, but only with backpack (I don't use carts and saddles). It's because haulers are looping all the time. I think i know why it's happen, i saw the code and think it's because the food in backpack, but author is gone and no one has time to mess with that mod. It's really big one.

You can add it by yourself, I did it and I don't think it needs any attention to adjust, balance or anything. Backpack cost 50 of material it just show up in tailors workshop. Oh and when you see that hauler is walking back and forth with food just drop anything on the ground and he probably will be ok.

ckhawk00

let see if i understand this correctly.
1. move all mod from the mod folder except core.
2. delete all files in C:\Users\your user name\AppData\LocalLow\Ludeon Studios\RimWorld\Config.
copy Modsconfig in this folder
3. unpack all mods from the zip file into 1. (mod folder) overwriting the core.
(do i leave it in Hardcore-sk-master or move them into "Mods" fold from Hardcore-sk-master?

Mrshilka

Quote from: ckhawk00 on March 19, 2016, 06:02:28 PM
let see if i understand this correctly.
1. move all mod from the mod folder except core.
2. delete all files in C:\Users\your user name\AppData\LocalLow\Ludeon Studios\RimWorld\Config.
copy Modsconfig in this folder
3. unpack all mods from the zip file into 1. (mod folder) overwriting the core.
(do i leave it in Hardcore-sk-master or move them into "Mods" fold from Hardcore-sk-master?

Yes this is basically correct, and yes you move the mods so they are just in the mods folder. The Hardcoresk master folder is a quirk of the unzipping programs.
You can keep your keybind and pref config files as well, they do not change with mod packs and will let you keep your custom sound settings and the fact you might have turned of tutorials and graphics settings.

But here is some good advice when installing mod packs such as this, Even newer versions.
Start with a clean copy of rimworld, these modpacks change core files and simply removing all mods except the core one can and will still cause issues.

We all have our original A12d.zip from when we bought the game, keep it, When you want to install this mod pack or even update it you delete ALL your mods even core, and then you copy your core back into your mods folder fresh and clean from your A12.zip.
Then install this modpack and overwrite files as prompted, this will eliminate most errors people will see.

Mrshilka

Hey SK mod team!.

Using the latest release and loving it finally got a viable minus 93 ice sheet colony going, loving the new Ai helpers to send out when a mid winter cold snap drops temps into the minus 150's.

I just wanted to see if those Skynet units are still going to be balanced because right now they are ungodly hard.

One single unarmed Terminatrix vs 2 Brawler Superior and Legendary armed Beta poly Tsurugi armed pawns in full close combat armour with beta poly Ballistic shields, it took the pair of then nearly a minute to hack it apart, and this pair can kill 50 pawn raids with out breaking a sweat.

ckhawk00

thanks for the quick help. I've made a fresh copy, over written the core and added the new mods, as well as deleted all the files in the config and copied the new modsconfig. One last question... do i add the folders in "other" the same why? (crashlanding, misc, and RWAutosell)

Mrshilka

Quote from: ckhawk00 on March 19, 2016, 07:13:06 PM
thanks for the quick help. I've made a fresh copy, over written the core and added the new mods, as well as deleted all the files in the config and copied the new modsconfig. One last question... do i add the folders in "other" the same why? (crashlanding, misc, and RWAutosell)

The Other folder is optional mods and so on, As I do not use them I cannot give you complete install instructions for those sorry.

Devon_v

I find that concentrated fire from automatic weapons drops terminators pretty quickly, but they are almost impossible to melee.

The main problem is when they're packing microguns.

Mrshilka

Quote from: Devon_v on March 19, 2016, 09:31:02 PM
I find that concentrated fire from automatic weapons drops terminators pretty quickly, but they are almost impossible to melee.

The main problem is when they're packing microguns.

Well since my melee weapons so 87 and 111 dmg and hit every time it is more the damage to take one out I am talking about, and the fact later on you see raids of 20 of them with guns

*edit*
The moment I posted this raid hit me.

so how much Concentrated firepower would you need;)

Devon_v

Heh, that's a lucky pull with only one microgun and one railgun. ;)

That's looking like at least 20 soldiers with good automatics to have any hope of dropping them fast enough. Baiting them with shielded guys might buy some time.

I can drop two with five guys, but its really down to fighting with good cover and tricking them into exposing themselves. With that many of them it's probably too dangerous to use a shielded guy. Plus all of them could have spawned with microguns which is game over.

Edit: Actually, that gives me an idea. If they have lots of projectile weapons you could step out with a shield, get them to warm up and start shooting, then duck behind cover and let them all friendly fire each other.

Mrshilka

Had Mechanoids drop in just after that as part 3 of the 3 raid faction war event, 6 Skynet took out 24 mechanoids for the loss of one while I killed the other 3, was able to melee down the other 5 remaining thanks to stupid AI but still cost me 2 500 hp beta poly Ballistic shields.

Mrshilka

Hey Sk mod team.

Found another bug, While stating it is refrigerated and food will not spoil when it is powered the Aquaculture hopper does not keep food fresh.

Edgewise

Mrshilka (named after the Rus AAA system I assume?) I always get owned when I try fighting Mech troops with gun v guns, or at least I take losses I cannot afford when their numbers start getting large.  I usually try to build a maze-like death trap for enemy raids once I get into beefier enemies and use EMP grenades thrown in a spot they will stop to aim from by 2 or more grenadiers.  A firing squad of other ppl does the rest.  I have not tried this on the skynet troopers yet since I mostly keep restarting a new game everytime new updates come out so I haven't fought a huge skynet force yet, but it works 100% on mechanoids.  Of course I always play in mountain maps and build into the mountain which makes this scenario possible.

Mrshilka

Yes that is where I borrow my name;)

I have given up on guns with this mod pack, the ai does not care if it takes losses in a gun vs gun fight, and late game raids get into the hundreds. Guns are very inaccurate and since you have no defences like base shields to soak up the punishment you always lose, especially since late game energy weapons only need to hit you once to set you people on fire.

From Trial and Error I have switched to using Brawlers given the very best Heavy Close Combat armour and Ballistic Shields using the best Tsurugi I can make. Using a rockchuck filled L shaped entrance I simply funnel in the raids where they cannot shoot me and only move into close combat with my people and proceeds to turn into a slaughter, Those 2 in my screenshots have killed over 70 gun armed enemies of a 120 pawn raid without getting a scratch.

For Sapper raids my base has a throwaway outside wall that the enemy blows a hole in and when they enter via this hole my melee people are waiting for them.

This is the only way I have been able to survive the larger raids this game throws at you once you go above a million colony wealth without taking losses to valuable people or materials.
Even then as I stated in an earlier post 8 Skynet cost me 2 75 Beta alloy Ballistic Shields, a net worth of more than most vanilla colonies.

Edgewise

Yea seems like I'm not the only one to have seen that guns are a losing strategy in the big fights.  I do like grenades though to soften them up when 1-2 incendiary grenadier or flame thrower can  set them all on fire when they come around a corner.  I will try more melee out. :)