A16 Hype

Started by O Negative, November 02, 2016, 11:10:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marduk

Quote from: carbon on November 07, 2016, 08:43:31 AM
Having secondary locations be abstract menus is almost certainly a necessary evil.

It's plausible you'd be able to fully abandoned a colony (leaving no pawns behind) and set up a primary village somewhere else, but don't expect the first colony to look exactly the same if you ever returned.
The simple alternative would be switching between your places with calendar based synchronization. Say, play 1st of summer 5508 on Colony 1, play 1st of summer 5508 on Outpost 1, play 2nd of summer 5508 on Colony 1 and so on. Not neccessarily in that allocation of time and so on. It would slow the gameplay down depending on number of places you run, but it would work and be pretty easy to implement.

Pink Omega

These icons (Home and destroyed colonies icons) from the teaser somehow reminds me of spore.

<=To Be Continued/\/

Cpt. DuctTape

Quote from: JesterHellThe only solution that pirate use that i can think of is drop pods, probably a new thing to build on your space ship instead of cryptosleep caskets, its the simplest solution to implement on a first pass.

I really like this idea. It would be way more usefull than a simple boat, AND it would give another reason for the player to build the ship, and use it for something else, besides escaping the planet.

MikeLemmer

Quote from: ShadowTani on November 09, 2016, 06:44:22 AMI just think this shows that we now will be able to visually see the seasons change on the world map and this is how it'll look during the winter season.

Technically, if it was showing seasonal changes, one hemisphere shouldn't have as much ice on it, since it's in summer instead of winter.

Quote from: Pink Omega on November 09, 2016, 10:22:31 AM
These icons (Home and destroyed colonies icons) from the teaser somehow reminds me of spore.

I think the Skulls are pirate bases, not destroyed colonies. Houses are NPC colonist settlements, tents are tribes.

I wonder if this means there will be dozens of factions on each planet now, but you'll (normally) only interact with the closest ones.

Bozobub

Quote from: MikeLemmer on November 09, 2016, 12:15:20 PMI wonder if this means there will be dozens of factions on each planet now, but you'll (normally) only interact with the closest ones.
That makes some sense, although I expect a bit more than that =) .
Thanks, belgord!

JimmyAgnt007

Id love an uninhabited planet that you can populate yourself.  Get bored of a colony?  start a new one and burn the old one down or trade with it.  Then watch the whole world fill up with your attempts.

Maybe one full of tribals you slowly push off their land.

Sirportalez

Quote from: JesterHell on November 08, 2016, 09:45:45 PM
Quote from: Tynan on November 07, 2016, 03:49:27 PM
There will be a solution.

The same solution pirates use already!

The only solution that pirate use that i can think of is drop pods, probably a new thing to build on your space ship instead of cryptosleep caskets, its the simplest solution to implement on a first pass.

Yeah, but it makes no sense to build a spaceship for crossing the sea.

JimmyAgnt007

I want a cannon that fires drop pods like artillery shells.  Supreme Commander anyone?

MikeLemmer

Quote from: Sirportalez on November 09, 2016, 12:34:49 PM
Quote from: JesterHell on November 08, 2016, 09:45:45 PM
Quote from: Tynan on November 07, 2016, 03:49:27 PM
There will be a solution.

The same solution pirates use already!

The only solution that pirate use that i can think of is drop pods, probably a new thing to build on your space ship instead of cryptosleep caskets, its the simplest solution to implement on a first pass.

Yeah, but it makes no sense to build a spaceship for crossing the sea.

It would make sense if the spaceship started as sea-crossing and was eventually upgraded to an actual spaceship.

Sirportalez

Ok, so it is a hightech boat made of plasteel instead of a simple neolithic wodden boat. Alright! ;)

JimmyAgnt007

The thing about drop pods, from a ship or not, is getting home.  Sure the ship launches them over but they still need to walk home.

Pirates flee on foot but how do they get back home?

Andy_Dandy

Quote from: Jimyoda on November 09, 2016, 09:28:04 AM
Quote from: Vincent on November 09, 2016, 06:46:49 AM
Anyone else have a multiplayer feeling from these teasers ?  :P
I thought each home icon was the player's additional colonies, but now that you mention it, it seems like each home icon could be *another online player's* home colony. A raid might not always be a party of AI pirates or tribals, but rather the pawns from another player, sent by caravan. Each colony fighting each other for survival. Some colonies could be allies for trade and defend each other.

I'd love multiplayer games in Rimworld for sure. That would be the ultimate game ever. That said, I think Rimworld is the best singleplayer game the world has seen, so no dumbing down of the base game to please those wanting fast multiplayer games, and for sure make the full core game available in multiplayer.

On the realistic side. My guess is the next update will be about traveling arround on the planet (something that opens up for great multiplayer mechanisms later on of course).

MikeLemmer

At this point, I just want a bullet list of what's added to A16 and an estimate on when the unstable build will be released.

mumblemumble

Quote from: MikeLemmer on November 09, 2016, 03:24:25 PM
At this point, I just want a bullet list of what's added to A16 and an estimate on when the unstable build will be released.
I agree, as cool as it looks, the teasers are AGONIZINGLY vague at best...
Why to people worry about following their heart? Its lodged in your chest, you won't accidentally leave it behind.

-----

Its bad because reasons, and if you don't know the reasons, you are horrible. You cannot ask what the reasons are or else you doubt it. But the reasons are irrefutable. Logic.

milon

Quote from: JimmyAgnt007 on November 09, 2016, 01:15:59 PM
The thing about drop pods, from a ship or not, is getting home.  Sure the ship launches them over but they still need to walk home.

Pirates flee on foot but how do they get back home?

Hitchhike!

Or, you know, they don't. They're pirates. They're expected to complete their mission or die trying. Failure is not an option, and all that. ;)

When they run away, they're violating orders and would likely get shot on sight if they did make it back.