[1.3] Miscellaneous w MAI+Robots

Started by Haplo, May 16, 2014, 05:54:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Devlah

I'm wondering if it may be possible to add crafting of HaulerBots and CleanerBots to some workstation bill?  I realize it's largely a question of balance, but logically, if I can build an Enhanced MAI, I should have no problem building a Roomba.

Would it be possible for me to edit one of the .xml files to accomplish this, or are we talking full-blown MOD here?

I often prefer the HaulerBots and CleanerBots because they don't add a pseudo-colonist , and it seems a bit overkill to build an expensive MAI just to haul things.  I find they often get destroyed quickly during a raid or manhunter invasion because they wander all over the map, and often get caught in a crossfire, as well as being targeted by enemies. 

Although I suppose a solution to that would be to have them dock at their station when there's no job instead of wandering....

EldVarg

Razorcake_

Um idk if its only me but when I install anyone of the robot mods and launch the game it makes everything cost 25 wood or 25 steel plz help

14m1337

you're not the first one who experiences this. this may be caused by a combination of mods, or a hash collision (ask the modders for more information about that). for example, I'm using all MAI, Robots, Robots++ and I have NO problems.
you could try changing your mods' loading order to solve your problem. if that doesn't work, you should deactivate some of your mods until the error is gone. if you find out a combination of mods that cause the error please share the information !!!
Quick_Silver - The One And Lonely
My posts may sometimes be filled with (sarcastic) humor - it's up to you to find it out on your own.
Usually drunk on Mondays from 21:00 to 03:00 CEST.

Expresso

Quote from: Razorcake_ on October 02, 2016, 03:27:52 PM
Um idk if its only me but when I install anyone of the robot mods and launch the game it makes everything cost 25 wood or 25 steel plz help

It is not the first time I've noticed complaint about the quota value of 35/25. I use fashion Robots, Robots + Robots ++ and do not feel voiced concerns. Most likely the problem is caused by the use of other mods

Canute

Just a question,
it is by default that the nano printer/scanner are sold by traders ?
Or does it is just a mod conflict currently with my game ?

If they are sold by traders by default, you should made these 2 items minified, because after i bought them they got build right at the place they land.

Haplo

Quote from: Razorcake_ on October 02, 2016, 03:27:52 PM
The last time I heard this, it was because the game wasn't updated to 15c.
Which game version do you have? Can you post your output_log.txt file? Did you restart RimWorld? Did you start a new colony? (the last one shouldn't really be necessary, but..)

Quote from: Canute on October 03, 2016, 04:40:48 AM
Just a question,
it is by default that the nano printer/scanner are sold by traders ?
Or does it is just a mod conflict currently with my game ?

If they are sold by traders by default, you should made these 2 items minified, because after i bought them they got build right at the place they land.
Hmm I thought I had them minimized. I'll look into it, thanks :)

thedee05

Haplo

I think my version handles a good part of your suggestions.
For some part I'm unwilling to do them, because it will be too complex without any real benefit.
For your wax ideas: I thought about adding the wax part. I've just left it out because.. do we really need candles?
For the medicine part: This can be easily added via honey+healroot as the resource.. Maybe.. Not sure yet..

Serenity

I haven't really tried the bee hives yet as my boreal forest save game broke when I was getting around to it ( :( ) and now I'm doing extreme desert, but I think it said something that flowers are good for bees, which makes sense of course. But do regular crops work too? Could I put a bee hive in a greenhouse?

lc-soz

I can't use the "Miscellaneous_Robots_0154" mod. I'm playing RimWorld 15c version 15.1282. The screenshot I took was with only the core mod and the Robots.

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

Canute

Quote from: luc-soz on October 06, 2016, 12:01:38 AM
I can't use the "Miscellaneous_Robots_0154" mod. I'm playing RimWorld 15c version 15.1282. The screenshot I took was with only the core mod and the Robots.
Read the 1. page again, you need the Miscellaneous 'CORE' part installed before the robots part.

Canute

QuoteAlternatively you can brew mead (honey-wine) from the honey.
Did you install this yet ?
I couldn't find any recipe to made this.
Maybe add honey as ingredent like milk and sugar ?

lc-soz

Quote from: Canute on October 06, 2016, 02:06:32 AM
Quote from: luc-soz on October 06, 2016, 12:01:38 AM
Read the 1. page again, you need the Miscellaneous 'CORE' part installed before the robots part.

I know that. When I "writed" core mod I was talking about Miscellaneous 'CORE' coming first. Still the same problem. Thank you anyway.

Canute

Do you use a different lang. then engl. ?
Does you used any mod that change the Rimworld Core before ? Just delete Core and unpack rimworld again.
Did you used any of the Misc. Mod before and just overwrite the old folder with the new version ? Try to delete the old folder and unzip it again.

Normaly there shouldn't be any problems. So there must be any other irregularies.