[1.5] RimHUD - Add more information to the UI

Started by Jaxe, September 21, 2018, 07:08:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jaxe

Quote from: bigheadzach on September 21, 2018, 11:42:18 PM
Definitely enjoying the detail so far,but there's definitely a weird issue with the Social/Guest/Bio/Gear tabs - tab names are linking to the wrong popups, and tab buttons are duplicated, depending on whether they are a prisoner, animal, Hospitality Guest, etc. If you need something a bit more concrete than that, let me know what I can get you.

If you have a screenshot or log (if an error comes up) and a short list of mods that could be causing an issue would be great if you could. By the sounds of it Hospitality is one I will check it out.

Jaxe

Updated to v1.1.0.1
- Fixed the issue when starting new game
- Renamed Agenda to Schedule
- Set default minimum tabs to 7 to avoid stretching for prisoners and guests

Ser Kitteh

Hey Jaxe, I gotta say I'm super enjoying the mod! With a single glance, I have all the info I need.

The only thing, I would suggest, is to make the the colour of the skills more eye popping. I think blue for single passion flame and green for double passion flame, is just a slight tweak that's needed (or whatever colour you may prefer).

Only have 2 hours with the mod, will try to report more stuff soon.

Jaxe

@Ser Kitteh: Thanks for the feedback. Next customization update will allow users to select their own colors for every colored item. In fact the tab is already there in the settings dialog but I've disabled it as it's not ready yet. I agree the passion colors do need to stand out more (there is however the + and ++ postfixed to the skill name which show passion level too). I wanted to keep it a similar color to the flames in vanilla but like I said soon users will be able to change it to whatever they want.

Jaxe

Updated to v1.1.0.2
- Disabled showing HUD on corpses for now
- Fixed integrations not found

Link to latest GitHub release

SteveDream

Is this mod compatible with psychology mod?

Jaxe

Quote from: SteveDream on September 22, 2018, 06:45:56 AM
Is this mod compatible with psychology mod?

Should be compatible with most mods as long as they don't change the inspect pane. Even if they did change the inspect pane you could always use the floating HUD instead.

n0cifer

So... am I the only one encountering the following "issues"?

1) The RimHUD-v1.1.0.2.zip archive on the GitHub releases page is just a flat archive with files named after the actual, proper folder structure (e.g. there is a file called 'RimHUD/About/About.xml' in archive root instead of a file called 'About.xml' in a folder called 'About' in a folder called 'RimHUD' in archive root).

2) The 2 source code archives are properly organized.

Would this mean that one should download the source archive and forget about the "proper" release archive?

The issues are trivial really, I'm just curious :P

EDIT: I just noticed that it also happens with a couple of other mods as well. I assume the non-source archives were manually created and then uploaded to GitHub? If that is so, it might be an incompatibility with the compression software used. Could you by any chance be using a Mac?

Jaxe

GitHub automatically creates the source files when we publish a release but you won't need the source anyway, just get the RimHUD-1.x.x.x.zip file and unzip that into your mod folder. Alternatively if you use Steam just subscribe to the mod, check the links on the first page.

Heh I haven't used a mac for 20 years and at least on my PC the zip file containing the release seems to be ok. It is impossible to name a file 'somefolder/somefile.xml' that would mean it's a folder and a file. If you unzip that file does it not create the folder structure correctly?

n0cifer

Nope. When I open 'RimHUD-v1.1.0.2.zip' (with the 'v' before the version number - that's the one causing issues for me, the sources are OK) its contents are as shown in the first attachment, and extracting it results in a flat structure as shown in the second attachment, complete with backslashes in the filenames and everything. But then again I'm on Linux, so slashes of whatever kind in filenames are nothing new to it.

Anyway, don't fret about it, if I'm the only one having this problem then it's no big deal since the other two archives do the job properly. As I said, I was just curious :P

[attachment deleted due to age]

Canute

n0cifer,
when the "v" cause some problem maybe you should try a different zip-tool ?

and btw. the difference between the source code archive and the release are, the source code are missing the assemblies file, they need to be compiled.
So the source code archive is no useable mod (except the mod don't have any assemblies).

Jaxe

^ Yes what Canute said, you cannot use the source archive as it does not contain the files needed for the mod to run. You might have to try a different unzipper, not sure about what ones are good for linux. I will look into making the zips a little more cross-platform friendly for the next release.

dismar

TY! I like what you have done and was able to start a new game. :)

bigheadzach

Quote from: Jaxe on September 22, 2018, 10:43:49 AM
^ Yes what Canute said, you cannot use the source archive as it does not contain the files needed for the mod to run. You might have to try a different unzipper, not sure about what ones are good for linux. I will look into making the zips a little more cross-platform friendly for the next release.

For Mac, I had ok success with Keka. I remember having this problem on several occasions.

n0cifer

Quote from: Canute on September 22, 2018, 10:37:04 AM
n0cifer,
when the "v" cause some problem maybe you should try a different zip-tool ?

I did that and indeed it extracted correctly.

Quote from: Canute on September 22, 2018, 10:37:04 AMand btw. the difference between the source code archive and the release are, the source code are missing the assemblies file, they need to be compiled.
So the source code archive is no useable mod (except the mod don't have any assemblies).

Oh right, I forgot about the assemblies... *facepalm* Thanks for the heads up! I guess I could have just copied over the assembled files from the non-source archive, but either way it's fine now since I was able to decompress the archives properly.

Quote from: Jaxe on September 22, 2018, 10:43:49 AM

Thanks for looking into this.

I managed to isolate the problem in 7zip; if I run any other unzip tool everything works as it should. Judging by the fact that out of the ~150 mods I'm currently using there are only 4 or 5 with this issue (not to mention the multitudes of zip archives I work with everyday), and also by the fact that @bigheadzach says they've also encountered this problem on a Mac before (which means it's not Linux-specific), I'd be willing to bet it's an incompatibility with the software used to create those problematic zip archives (e.g. a specific version of WinRAR or WinZip or even 7zip for Windows). So if I could offer a suggestion, if it's not too bothersome for you, you could try using a different software to compress the next release of RimHUD, and then I can check if that resolves the issue. If not... well. One thing at a time :)