[A17-18]Vanilla Animals Overhaul (more pack animals included) - updated 10/29/17

Started by kaptain_kavern, July 02, 2017, 07:16:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kaptain_kavern

I'm 80% sure it is  :-[

My tests did conclude that I was pleased to see more uses for animals (they are now worth more the effort it can cost to feed them in some hostile environments), though  8)

SpaceDorf

Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

kaptain_kavern

Thanks for letting us now! That's great to hear.

I've added you to Credits on OP :p Just because I like you  ::) You're always there with advice/feedbacks and all

I big thank you to all modders/forum users that have served for testing this mod! Without even knowing it ;)

SpaceDorf

Thank you, I feel honored to hear that.

Fitting that I have my first ingame feedback : My Grizzly just ate a Black Bear.

I found out two colonies ago, the best way to control the wildlife is to stop feeding my Carnivores. ( especially in Winter )
My black direwolfs and grizzly bears are always happy when something comes near my base trying to eat someone or some of my lifestock.

Napple

The new update is throwing red xml errors for me about pawnkindlifestage field about the butcher body part being defined twice. Also there seems to be an incompatibility with bones with the deer and ibex since you added to them animal products.

kaptain_kavern

@Napple

Thank you for the feedback.

For the xml error: By any chance are you already using my Thrumbowool or the TropiCKAPP Rainforest mod?

If you're using ThrumboWool, you can ditch it because this mod is including the same changes. If TropiCKAPP: I have a bad news:-s They will be incompatible until I update TropiCKAPP. The new modded butcherable parts in this mod are a copy-paste of the ones from TropiCKAPP. Sorry for the inconvenience :-s

About bones ... There is nothing like this in that mod  ???

@Spacedorf

:D You're welcome buddy

Ho! I haven't thought of it that way. I wanted to add a maxPreybodysize for the bigger predators for them to not hunts something too big (like some animals from other mods) - I also had to deal with man-hunting crazy foxes sometimes ago, and in pure vanilla :p

But I haven't thought it could lead to this. I may decrease the maxPreybodysize a bit. I use the same as their sizes. I hope decreasing a bit would prevent this.   I have no problem seeing a bear hunt a caribou/elk but not another bear ^^

Napple

I was using the tropiCKAPP and the bone mod I was using added bones as a butchering product for vanilla animals. It seems they are conflicting with the shearable ibex and the milkable deer and ibex which is strange since the bone mod uses patches.

SpaceDorf

Quote from: kaptain_kavern on July 30, 2017, 12:48:08 PM
@Spacedorf

:D You're welcome buddy

Ho! I haven't thought of it that way. I wanted to add a maxPreybodysize for the bigger predators for them to not hunts something too big (like some animals from other mods) - I also had to deal with man-hunting crazy foxes sometimes ago, and in pure vanilla :p

But I haven't thought it could lead to this. I may decrease the maxPreybodysize a bit. I use the same as their sizes. I hope decreasing a bit would prevent this.   I have no problem seeing a bear hunt a caribou/elk but not another bear ^^

Female Elephant drop tusks has to be removed too ..

And the hunting part was totally okay. The Black Bear has only a bodysize of 1.5 while the grizzly and polar bear have 2.15
I think this is still feasible. ( which is slighty bigger than a muffalo with 2.1 )
I checked right after the hunt because I also thought this may be a bit extreme.

Still not as funny as Rainbeaus Caerbannog Bunnies with bodisize 0.18 taking down foxes and wolves :)

Napple

Disregard the bone mod problems. I just had to uninstall the tropical forest mod for no errors at all.

kaptain_kavern

Thanks, Napple  8)

Note to myself : Revise some of the antlers/horns prices. It's way too lucrative lol - Just tried to play a bit in a Boreal Forest and ...

And it's only one year of hunting, there

Simmin

Something with this mod seems to be messing with my pawns ability to train animals  past level 1.
When i manually select someone to train, they just walk to where the animal was when i brought up the float menu, and then go on to something else.
Edit: Btw i am also using this mod that might be conflicting, Animal Logic by Oblitus Edit 2: disabling this didnt help

SpaceDorf

Yai .. another opportunity to spam my modlist :)

Animal overhaul and Logic are compatible. They are not the problem,
a known problem is the "pawns play together" mod, but the described behavior is different.

Like I said, I post my modlist.
Training and Releasing works fine, though I have a problem with vanilla animals not hauling.
But I use Robots++, Minions and Rimslaves .. I guess one of them might be responsible .. but since hauling gets done, I don't care.

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

schwarzrotes

Quote from: Simmin on August 04, 2017, 02:28:25 PM
Something with this mod seems to be messing with my pawns ability to train animals  past level 1.
When i manually select someone to train, they just walk to where the animal was when i brought up the float menu, and then go on to something else.
Edit: Btw i am also using this mod that might be conflicting, Animal Logic by Oblitus Edit 2: disabling this didnt help

had the same problem, i disabled "pawns play together" seems to work now
Edit: no worked not really, after a few minutes they just go tame but wont train anything alone and not past lvl1
dont know

update: i messed with the mod files, it seems to be the work_giver.xml
i deleted all " in there an now they train as intended

faltonico

Quote from: schwarzrotes on August 08, 2017, 03:10:39 PM
Quote from: Simmin on August 04, 2017, 02:28:25 PM

had the same problem, i disabled "pawns play together" seems to work now
Edit: no worked not really, after a few minutes they just go tame but wont train anything alone and not past lvl1
dont know

update: i messed with the mod files, it seems to be the work_giver.xml
i deleted all " in there an now they train as intended
I think that was because animal logic, if i remember correctly, that bug was fixed in newer updates.
kaptain_kavern has to make sure he is including the latest dll and you that you are using the latest version of the mod.

Oblitus

I don't think it's AL. VAO only has pack animal fix, and it was not updated from introduction moment. It is too simple to be broken.

I had several reports like that one, and all of them were with Pawns Play Together.