Your Cheapest Ideas

Started by Tynan, October 09, 2013, 12:17:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BelligerentDrunk

Potatoes turning poor soil into rich soil over time. It would be a nice little mechanic, especially for obtaining rich soil in biomes where it cannot be found. Perhaps also so that Potatoes don't have to be grown in solely rich soil after some time, rich soil also deteriorates with the harvesting of other plants.

NeverPire

Quote from: BelligerentDrunk on October 29, 2018, 01:38:00 PM
Potatoes turning poor soil into rich soil over time. It would be a nice little mechanic, especially for obtaining rich soil in biomes where it cannot be found. Perhaps also so that Potatoes don't have to be grown in solely rich soil after some time, rich soil also deteriorates with the harvesting of other plants.
I advise to give that faculties to a new and useless except for this specific facultie plant, or maybe just useful as fodder. Clover for example.
I will never do worse than what I do now.
It's what self-improvement means.

Manuel

Extend the colonist allowed food mechanic to animals, as in what colonists may feed animals (animals are animals, they will eat anything they can get to). I'm tired of colonists dragging fine meals out of the freezer on the other side of the base, to feed the downed muffalo instead of grabbing some of the hay thats stored in the room next to the barn.

AileTheAlien

Quote from: Manuel on October 30, 2018, 03:01:38 PM
Extend the colonist allowed food mechanic to animals
Prisoners too. :S

tinfoiltophat

Assigning outfits to prisoners would be cool. Both for MUH RP if there's some sort of orange colored fabric for the prison jumpsuit feel, and so they can have better moods when I try to recruit them. This is especially relevant for the occasional tribal prisoner whose clothes fall apart leaving him naked.

Manuel

Quote from: tinfoiltophat on November 03, 2018, 03:34:19 AM
Assigning outfits to prisoners would be cool. Both for MUH RP if there's some sort of orange colored fabric for the prison jumpsuit feel, and so they can have better moods when I try to recruit them. This is especially relevant for the occasional tribal prisoner whose clothes fall apart leaving him naked.

Don't prisoners wear clothing if you leave it in their cell? I seem to recall stripped prisoners putting their clothing back on before my pawns could carry them away...

5thHorseman

Quote from: Manuel on November 03, 2018, 10:42:04 AM
Quote from: tinfoiltophat on November 03, 2018, 03:34:19 AM

Don't prisoners wear clothing if you leave it in their cell? I seem to recall stripped prisoners putting their clothing back on before my pawns could carry them away...

Yes. I strip all prisoners and have a 1x1 tile that only holds tribalwear. As soon as they can walk they put it on themselves.
Toolboxifier - Soil Clarifier
I never got how pawns in the game could have such insanely bad reactions to such mundane things.
Then I came to the forums.

tinfoiltophat

Huh, learn something new every day. I guess assigning clothes would make it slightly less of a hassle, but I'll remember this.

The Great Muffalo

Guns Use Bullets

Yeah yeah I know, this has probably been suggested a thousand times before, but I really want bullets in the game.

Bullets come in two varieties, small bullet and big bullet: small bullets are used for handguns and machine guns, big bullets for rifles and shotguns. Bullets can be mass produced at a machining table, or improve bullets can slowly be crafted at a crafting spot and have a chance to blow up the barrel of a gun. People will automatically take bullets as they would with meals and can be instructed to keep them on hand. Currently, colonists can be quite inaccurate with firearms, and firearms don't do too much damage to people. But I'd propose that guns be more accurate and deal more damage considering the drawback of having limited bullets on hand.
"I was chained up, only able to see shadows. They moved, they danced, they were my world. I couldn't turn my head, I couldn't face the light. But as soon as the light hit my face, I pitied those who were still looking at shapes made only of darkness."

OFWG

Quote from: sadpickle on August 01, 2018, 05:03:35 PM
I like how they saw the naked guy with no food and said, "what he needs is an SMG."

The Great Muffalo

Stake Gun

Like the shotgun but it does heavy damage to one section of the body, easily taking off an arm or a leg.
"I was chained up, only able to see shadows. They moved, they danced, they were my world. I couldn't turn my head, I couldn't face the light. But as soon as the light hit my face, I pitied those who were still looking at shapes made only of darkness."

The Great Muffalo

Quote from: OFWG on November 05, 2018, 03:34:29 PM
This is not at all a cheap suggestion.

Make a new class called Bullet, make varieties that inherit from Bullet, make the bullets craftable, Make guns consume bullets every time they fire, make colonists take bullets like they would food for taming. That's like half the stuff that needs to be added for it to work, but even then I'm guessing that it would take a decent programmer far less than four hours. Textures might take a little while though.

Alistaire

Return canBeSpawningInventory and don't check for weaponTags.EmptyOrNull() when deciding what weapons can be given to raiders.

Many mods used weaponTags for compatibility between each other without requiring Patching.

Shacolly

I was playing and I realized that selecting characters from the top of the screen when a message appeared only hindered the process a bit, I do not know if it could change the location where those messages appear, it's a detail but it makes me do A small 'grrrr' when it happens. Greetings and thanks for such an excellent game.

AnActualDuck

Some traits:

Meticulous: Pawn pays close attention to detail on everything they do. Increased chance of receiving higher quality tiers from
   items created and higher yields from harvesting/butchering/mining. Global work speed -X%
Careless: Pawn is just wants to get the job done, who cares how it looks, it's good enough. Decreased chance of receiving
   higher quality tiers from items created and higher yields from harvesting/butchering/mining. Global work speed +X%

Strong: Pawn can carry more
Weak: Pawn can carry less