[v1.0] Jernfalk's Skeletal Legion Mod (mod v1.4 - 05/Nov/2018)

Started by Jernfalk, October 31, 2018, 02:10:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jernfalk

Description

Adds the Skeletal Legion faction to the Rim. Relentless warriors of the past who will constantly seek the living. They don't build bases, they destroy yours.
Their ranks consist of four types of skeletons so far:
Skeleton Runner

These might be frailer than their fellow cursed, but they can run down fleeing/retreating colonist with ease and keep them busy as the horde approaches.

Skeleton Peons and Skeleton Archers

These are the bulk of the Skeletal Legion. They don't bleed, are very resistent to cutting/piercing weapons, don't feel pain and have the numbers to overwhelm base defences.

Fallen Heroes

These are the elite of the Legion, clad in armor and with the best Legion weaponry, these walking tanks are sure to cut down a pawn or two if not given the proper respect.

The Skeletal Legion won't appear before 25 days have passed. So brace yourself and fear the inevitable.

Download
v1.0:
modv1.4:

Compatibility
Should be compatible with any other mod. Safe to add on an old save, but be sure to use the "Faction Discovery" mod for them to be added in.

Changelog:
05/11/2018 - v1.4 - Fixed Skeleton Legion raid percentage chance: Now they will only have a 20% chance to be the raiders, like all vanilla factions.
02/11/2018 - v1.3 - Custom body parts and fixed minor bugs that no one noticed. Readjusted Skeleton raid sizes, class proportions, and weapons.
01/11/2018 - v1.2 - Rebalanced Skeleton raids to be less all-consuming.
31/10/2018 - v1.1 - Changed Skeletons to be categorized as "Animals" for the purpose of using graves, being cremated and butchered. Making it easier to clean up.

License
Can include in modpacks with credit. Can reuse/edit code with credit.

zmadz

Jernfalk

Canute

Just curious.
What happen when the Skeletal Legion meet Zombies from zombieland ? :-)

Jernfalk

Quote from: Canute on October 31, 2018, 04:43:17 AM
Just curious.
What happens when the Skeletal Legion meet Zombies from zombieland ? :-)

Good question, haven't played that yet. It depends on what happens when Mechanoids enter a zombie map since they have the same Thoughts. Also depends on your settings on Zombieland on what the zombies attack.

Jernfalk

Did a small update on a little bug where they were still showing as mechanoids on storage and recipes. Now they'll show up under the "animal corpses" tab. Also, I know ModDB's link is down. I'm contacting them to clear that up! =D

Rex705

Cool I always wanted someone to do something with skeletons :)

Jernfalk

Patch:
01/11/2018 - v1.2 - Rebalanced Skeleton raids to be less all-consuming.

kaplahworm

Hay, love the mod but I seem to have an issue. I ONLY get Skeletal raids. I like fighting them but it does get a little dull. IS there something that can be done to rebalance the spawn of skeletal attacks.

I tried to remove it and it bugs my save, the save loads but with no base or colonists, only the world map.

Jernfalk

Quote from: kaplahworm on November 04, 2018, 07:13:07 AM
Hay, love the mod but I seem to have an issue. I ONLY get Skeletal raids. I like fighting them but it does get a little dull. IS there something that can be done to rebalance the spawn of skeletal attacks.

I tried to remove it and it bugs my save, the save loads but with no base or colonists, only the world map.

Really? I'm using it myself and I'm getting a pretty varied bunch of factions attack. Are you using any other mods? If yes, can I take a look at the list? ^^

Torann

Freakin' awesome, Jernfalk!

I was just thinking that I still need to make my 'undead' from A RimWorld of Magic look more undead...

Curious if you'd be interested in doing a collaboration where pawns raised by the Necromancer class would look like or become a part of the skeleton legion?

Jernfalk

Quote from: Torann on November 04, 2018, 01:40:24 PM
Freakin' awesome, Jernfalk!

I was just thinking that I still need to make my 'undead' from A RimWorld of Magic look more undead...

Curious if you'd be interested in doing a collaboration where pawns raised by the Necromancer class would look like or become a part of the skeleton legion?

That would be awesome! Lets talk more about in PM or over discord!

kaplahworm

Quote from: Jernfalk on November 04, 2018, 01:30:45 PM
Quote from: kaplahworm on November 04, 2018, 07:13:07 AM
Really? I'm using it myself and I'm getting a pretty varied bunch of factions attack. Are you using any other mods? If yes, can I take a look at the list? ^^

This is a screen shot of my mod folder
https://i.snag.gy/msVhHl.jpg

This is what happens when I load the save without the mod
https://i.snag.gy/yRcAFT.jpg

If I reactivate the mod there are no issues and I can play normally, but only with Skeletal Attacks. I'm on Casandra Classic rough if that helps at all.

I'd love to be able to keep your mod in my load order if possible. Maybe I could edit the file to find the spawn rate or something?