[1.0] Rimworld: Spartan Foundry — Vanilla Power Armor expansion

Started by OskarPotocki, March 27, 2019, 12:52:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OskarPotocki

STEAM: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1695609511&tscn=1553703637
DROPBOX: https://www.dropbox.com/s/t33mdilfpmr2e3q/SpartanFoundry.rar?dl=0

1.1.0 (28/03/2019): Added Samurai Power Armor, Samurai Power Armor Helmet, Shock Trooper Armor, Shock Trooper Armor Helmet. Fixed the issue with all the armors being craftable.
1.0.0 (27/03/2019): Release

With Halo anthology coming to the PC quite soon, I thought it's the perfect moment to revision the vanilla game power armor. I have found it quite versatile, but not quenching my "late game thirst". Additionally, I wanted a sense of "pride and accomplishment" from doing quests, something unique that cannot be obtained any other way. This is how Spartan Foundry came into being.

Rimworld: Spartan Foundry is a vanilla power armor expansion adding 9 new sets of advanced, end-game power armor. A set of Powered Assault Armor is craftable in very late game, requiring Ship Computer Core technology and an AI Persona Core. The other 8 sets of armour are NOT craftable and can only be obtained from quests and raids. The armor sets contain advanced glitterworld overshield technology, capable of absorbing several shots before requiring a long time to regenerate. Each armor set provides different bonuses and elements can be combined to suit every rimworld colonist.

Armors also come in several colors which are randomized upon the creation of the item. Most common colors are the standard power armor shades of grey, however colors like hyperweave, devilstrand and plasteel are also included alongside many others.

Rimworld: Spartan Foundry comes with following armor sets.

There shouldn't be any incompatibilities or issues, but in case anything pops up, report issues in the comments.

Q: Do the Rimworld: Spartan Foundry armors spawn randomly on pawns?
A: Yes, they should be added to the available item pool when spawning raids, but they are very rare.

Q: Can I suggest a feature?
A: Absolutely, leave a comment down below!

Q: Will you keep updating the mod with new armors?
A: Most possibly, but every armor will be unique, so if I figure out what kind of armor we're lacking, I will do it.

Q: Is this mod compatibile with Combat Extended?
A: Should be.

Q: Why is your mod special?
A: I am a vanilla player. Anything that doesn't suit vanilla game makes me cringe and I stay away from it. I did however find the game lacking after some time, therefore I've created these armors to be as accurate and as close to vanilla graphics style as possible. What is special? The best part is - nothing in this mod is special at all. Nothing will make you go "Oh that's unusual", because the whole purpose of this mod is to blend into the existing game.

Q: Is this mod save game compatible?
A: Yes, you can add it and remove it whenever you like.

Q: I like your design style, would you like to team up?
A: Definitely. The best way to learn is to work with a lot of people. I could use someone to explain .xml a little bit more in-depth, and I can provide that person with accurate artwork for any project what-so-ever.

Q: I can't obtain any armors!
A: They are rare for a reason. Something to look forward to and something to look after once you get it.

Halo Spartan armors and UNSC logo are property of Bungie and 343 Industries.

Graphics are created by me, inspired by the armor from Halo franchise.

Rimworld is owned by Tynan Sylvester.

Quatrosss

Very cool mod! Lore friendly, good looking and adds variety, finally ill make a team in which i can have individuals with their own purposes.

Canute

OskarPotocki,
very nice armor collection.
But i miss something for mellee combat.
Basicly i would use the Commando armor for my brawlers.

And could you please fix the links for the Other mods, that they point at the forum entries instead of steam ?

OskarPotocki

New update!

1.1.0 (28/03/2019): Added Samurai Power Armor, Samurai Power Armor Helmet, Shock Trooper Armor, Shock Trooper Armor Helmet. Fixed the issue with all the armors being craftable.

Bunkier

Arcania

Could you update the dropbox links for this mod and your Apex: Rimworld Legends mod?

SansMasterBudaa :3

This mod is...       

P  E  R  F  E  C  T  I  O  N
Dude, you have a BIG potential doing excelent mods like this and other works.  ;) ;D

Heymom

wanted to try your mods.. but they dont seen to be made for my version 1.0.2096

Canute

Heymom,
you use a very unique release versiom, 2096 wasn't a offical release.
You should just update it to the latest version.
Or maybe not, but beside the malformated error message, the mod work with all 1.0.xxxx versions.

Heymom

Quote from: Canute on March 30, 2019, 06:29:39 AM
Heymom,
you use a very unique release versiom, 2096 wasn't a offical release.
You should just update it to the latest version.
Or maybe not, but beside the malformated error message, the mod work with all 1.0.xxxx versions.
Cheers, will give it a try then :) thanks.. think ill stay on my "special" version tho haha #showflake

LOLORDS213

Any plans to make a faction? is it why your trying to learn .xml? and also where do you make the designs? all your other mods look so smooth and organized.

vali007

The shock trooper helmet is named as scout power armor helmet just to let you know. But overall this is an amazing mod.

Edit:The diplomat helmet is also named as powered assault helmet.