[1.0] Vanilla Apparel Expanded

Started by OskarPotocki, July 25, 2019, 01:51:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OskarPotocki

Google Drive: https://drive.google.com/open?id=11xVrscUAdlxCD9ZZqjoGtHVxTkDSFyaX

1.0.1 (26/07/2019): Removed JecsTools dependency. I recommend using it in order to get the mask to apply on Military Jacket, but it will work without it.
1.0.0 (26/07/2019): Release.

After a hundred hours playing RimWorld you notice that every pawn wears somewhat the same things. The base game apparel is not really as interesting, unique and various as I would like it to be, hence me and Trunken have decided to provide you, our audience, with 40 new pieces of apparel!

Vanilla Apparel Expanded is part of a series of mods expanding on everyday life on the Rimworld. When paired together with a brand new Vanilla Weapons Expanded and Vanilla Armours Expanded, you can bring something to your game that will keep you interested in it for days.

Apparel is distributed into several new technologies that need to be researched, expanding the life of the game and possibly leading to some interesting choices - research a way to get off this planet? Or maybe learn how to craft jeans and workwear?

This mod adds a wide selection of apparel with useful effects, including but not limited to:
Gas masks protecting from toxicity;
Jumpsuits and aprons for work speed boost;
Doctor scrubs and Chef's uniforms.

Pawns go bold when wearing a scarf/glasses/gasmask - this is currently hard coded into the game and I have no way around it. I recommend using [KV] Show Hair with Hats mod to get rid of this problem:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1180826364

No other issues are currently being tracked.

Please report any bugs in a discussion board called "Bugs".

Q: Is it Combat Extended compatible?
A: At the time of writing, the patch is being worked on and can be expected in a few days.

Q: Do these clothes spawn on enemies?
A: Yes, these pieces of apparel have necessary tags to spawn on all the pawns in the game.

Q: Can I request a feature?
A: Yes, please use "Requests" discussion board.

Q: Why is your mod special?
A: I am a vanilla player. Anything that doesn't suit vanilla game makes me cringe and I stay away from it. I did however find the game lacking after some time, therefore I've created these clothes to be as accurate and as close to vanilla graphics style as possible. What is special? The best part is - nothing in this mod is special at all. Nothing will make you go "Oh that's unusual", because the whole purpose of this mod is to blend into the existing game.

Q: Is this mod save game compatible?
A: Yes, you can add it and remove it whenever you like. Bear in mind that if you add it to an existing save, you need to update all the stockpile settings to include these items.

Q: Do you accept commissions?
A: Yes, I do. Please find me on RimWorld discord which I will link in the Links section below. Name is OskarPotocki.

Q: Will you keep updating this mod?
A: Yes, but not often. I have worked hard and for a long time to make a list of apparel that I'd like to see added and I have added them. If some feature request catches my attention, I will add it. I plan to release several add-ons to this mod, most notably "Raiders" add-on and "Spacer Apparel" add-on.

Graphics are created by me, Oskar Potocki.

XML and C# created by Trunken.

Rimworld is owned by Tynan Sylvester.

(CC BY-NC-ND 4.0)

Every dollar donated allows me and Trunken to spend more time refining the mods and creating new content. If you're feeling generous, even the smallest donation is always welcome!

Bunkier

ManHuntingSquirrel

I love the new tribal clothing, my only colonist is a bloodlust and i need something to use my human skin on.
- The Squirrel-Llama Manhunting Association CEO

aviv

i download the mods apparel and armor vanilla but its say it unknown version for my rimworld game , my game version is 1.0.2059 32bit. what do i miss , help

Canute

Quote from: aviv on July 28, 2019, 03:11:26 AM
i download the mods apparel and armor vanilla but its say it unknown version for my rimworld game , my game version is 1.0.2059 32bit. what do i miss , help
Any reason why you don't update your rimworld to the latest version ?
There is a syntax change after 2059 and the mod got the syntax for these versions.
But the mod should work, and if you got some skills you can edit the About.xml so your rimworld don't give out an error.

Monzer

Canute

Anything on workshop only if fear.
If you don't have steam (like me) you should try out the developer build of RimPy the offline mod manager tool. You can find it at the discord channel.
https://discord.gg/SAx5umn
Together with the SteamCMD you can comfortable download and update workshop mods, without the need of workshop download websites.

Salomon09

Excellent, thank you very much for the information. The truth is that it is very good as well as one called SEO , I recommend it 100%

Monzer

yea .. Can I just get a github link or something ?