[1.3.0] Hospitality

Started by Orion, March 13, 2015, 11:19:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrFred

Hi again,
unfortunatly, the update didn't change anything for me.
I just tried it (from a safegame) and uploaded another log. The exceptions that show up look about the same to me as in my first log, but here's the link: https://gist.github.com/HugsLibRecordKeeper/1b19f8455910bc54697baad203d95e7f

Canute

DrFred,
could you just try to create a new colony with Hospitality and post the logfile after your pawn's are landed ?
And when you see error's after the pawn's are landed, please create another colony without Hospitality.
Anything looks fine, except after you loaded the safegame.

DrFred

Hi Canute,
sure, here you go.
New game with Hospitality: https://gist.github.com/HugsLibRecordKeeper/4e704326301bf1fa80f40a2999865622
New game without Hospitality, but with Harmony and Hugslib: https://gist.github.com/HugsLibRecordKeeper/43429ac5d1f423824f1c48bdf7c95136

I also tried a few other mods (Beautiful Bodies, Dual Wield, Shit Rimworld Says, and War Crimes Expanded 2), just to see if they would work (since I find them interesting to use at some point), and they worked fine, at least starting the game with them did. I don't think it's relevant, but just in case, here's the log too: https://gist.github.com/HugsLibRecordKeeper/9e6e0398ddbb4012ca73b2b62b4994c7

Canute

Ok, it real looks like there is a problem with Hospitality only.
But since you said you delete the old workshop entry (unsubscribe would works too) and even installed the github version, i have no clue why the mod cause error's.
The Rimworld version can't be since wwWraith use it too and don't have problems.
Maybe Orion can interprete some of these error and have a clue.

Orion

Thanks for the logs.

This is really extremely weird. My guess would be that what causes the conflict with Hospitality is remnants of another mod in the mods or steamworks folder.
These both persist reinstalling. And since 1.1, RimWorld can conflict with unloaded mods, unfortunately. How it works exactly, I don't know, since I could never reproduce that here.
But in theory all it takes is one disabled mod with the wrong Harmony assembly in the wrong folder.
So the thing you could try is rename the steamworks folder and restart Steam. That should re-download all subscribed mods. If it doesn't, you can just name the folder back.

Monzer

this mod break my game when ever I use it visitors stops coming at all . im on 1.1

Orion

Thanks for the info. But that's like calling at a garage and saying "My car doesn't drive," and then hanging up.

Orion

There's a new update with some fixes.

Update

1.1.9 - 01.05.2020
- New: Setting to limit maximum visits within next 3 days
- New: Spanish translations
- New: When unsorted, the guest tab now shows which guests are in the same group
- Fix: Guests now won't buy items biocoded for someone
- Fix: Guest tab can be sorted now
- Tweak: Added a delay before guests can claim a bed, based on their silver

Canaris

Any idea what can be the culprit here?
No visitors ever spawn and its always the same message like this.

Its the newest version of Hospitality and mod is last in the load order.
Phoneposter - typos will happen.

Orion

Thanks for posting this. I've been trying to track this issue down for weeks but I don't have enough information.

Canaris

Quote from: Orion on May 01, 2020, 12:19:59 PM
Thanks for posting this. I've been trying to track this issue down for weeks but I don't have enough information.
Ahh shame, i had a pleasure island colony resort on my mind for a while..
I hope you will find the way to fix it then. Cheers.
Phoneposter - typos will happen.

Orion

I'll get it fixed eventually. If you can somehow narrow it down, that would help.

wwWraith

Hmm are visitors able to come to islands nowadays? I believe they were not at least in older RimWorld versions...
Think about it. Think around it. Perhaps you'll get some new good idea even if it would be completely different from my words.

Orion

Weeeell... If they're spawned by vanilla, they just appear on your doorsteps. If they're spawned by Hospitality, they can't cross the sea.

wwWraith

I mean, it could be the simple reason why Canaris' "pleasure island colony resort" gets no visitors.

Btw, your latest release on GitHub is still 1.1.8 rather than 1.1.9.
Think about it. Think around it. Perhaps you'll get some new good idea even if it would be completely different from my words.