[1.0/1.1/1.2] Expanded Prosthetics and Organ Engineering 2.42 (27.08.2020)

Started by Ykara, February 19, 2015, 05:14:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you like the changes in Version 2.0?

Yes
459 (83.3%)
Not all of them
72 (13.1%)
Not at all (please explain why!)
20 (3.6%)

Total Members Voted: 551

Matusiak

Quote from: Nanao-kun on August 10, 2016, 05:40:35 PM
Those are just basic beds, and that room is extremely dirty. Also, what medicine is the doctor using? Regular medicine works at 100% of the doctor's skill, glitter medicine works at 160%, and herbal at 75%. So if normal surgery chance is 100%, herbal would make it 75%. With dirty environments, that chance can drop even further.

100% fail in 10 tries with top medics. Cmon guys i'm talking about steel arms and jaws, an experienced surgeon should be able to do that with eyes closed...

kaptain_kavern

Quote from: Matusiak on August 11, 2016, 04:29:06 PM
100% fail in 10 tries with top medics. Cmon guys i'm talking about steel arms and jaws, an experienced surgeon should be able to do that with eyes closed...

Any ?

Ykara

Basic prostheses like steel arms have a 100% success chance in EPOE, so it's not the mod fault. But I've experienced this problem, too. Rimworld seems to be very serious with its success chances, even with a medical skill of 11 you can still fail at installing a peg leg. Anywayyyyyyyyyyy....

Update 1.72 - French translation and better compatibility!
Greetings!
I've finally finished the new update, and there are many, mainly subtle improvements. But there are also two essential improvements: French translation and compatibility with basically every mod out there. For the first you have to thank Jozay (no, really, go and thank him, EPOE is a pretty big mod and he did the full translation in like two days), and for the second you have to thank yourselves. You've finally persuaded me into removing the Races_Humanlike and using RecipeUser instead. You now no longer need compatibility patches for mods like Zombies mod!
I've also fixed the basic prosthetics workbench. How come no one ever told me that this bench was bugged? Did no one notice? The shadows were completely off. I've also tweaked the colors so it looks way more natural now.
Have fun!

Changes:
*  Added French translation! (thanks to Jozay!)
*  Now compatible with nearly all mods (removed the Races_Humanlike)
*  Fixed and improved the basic prosthetics workbench texture
*  Added ear bandage to get rid of the "disfigured" malus
*  Crafting prostheses now uses smithing skill instead of tailoring
*  Tweaked the surgery success chances
*  Fixed and clarified some descriptions
*  Some minor bugfixes
*  Better compatibility with Colony Manager

kaptain_kavern

Vastrix

Question/Bug Report - AI chip no worky

So I noticed that you changed the description of the AI chip, it should no longer Boost the consiousness and mobility but completely restore it to 100%

So I'm assuming:

• that if something boosts consciousness, this won't drag it down to 100%.. (like the brain stimulator)
  • If later something's added that nerfs consciousness, this will restore it back to 100%
If both those assumptions are correct then i've got a bug report for you.. :s

If one or more of those assumptions are incorrect then i've got a feature request for you ;)

Either way, thanks for the great mod :)
Cheers,

Warforyou

Quote from: Vastrix on August 12, 2016, 06:48:30 AM
Question/Bug Report - AI chip no worky

So I noticed that you changed the description of the AI chip, it should no longer Boost the consiousness and mobility but completely restore it to 100%

So I'm assuming:

• that if something boosts consciousness, this won't drag it down to 100%.. (like the brain stimulator)
  • If later something's added that nerfs consciousness, this will restore it back to 100%
If both those assumptions are correct then i've got a bug report for you.. :s

If one or more of those assumptions are incorrect then i've got a feature request for you ;)

Either way, thanks for the great mod :)
Cheers,

Isn't it the drugged rib that lowers consciousness?

Oragepoilu

I'm not sure you did understand how it works, vastrix.

the efficiency you see on the left side of the health tab is a value that come from :
-if you have a body part of not (not having a brain => 0% consciousness)
-if the part is damaged or not (damaged mean you go from 100% to something lower than this)
-How many part is linked for each thing. Movement require two leg, so you get a value of (100+100)/2. With a scar than reduce 10% of a leg, you get (100+90)/2=95%.
-If you replace a brain by a Ai chip, you loose the value of the brain but get the value of the AI chip instead (AI chip is 100%).
-Each part can give additional bonus. Drugged rib give -5% consciousness.

So your brain have a base value of 100% (AI chip), isn't damaged, and you get -5% for the drigged rib. All is cool and works fine.

Warforyou

Quote from: Oragepoilu on August 12, 2016, 07:06:21 AM
I'm not sure you did understand how it works, vastrix.

the efficiency you see on the left side of the health tab is a value that come from :
-if you have a body part of not (not having a brain => 0% consciousness)
-if the part is damaged or not (damaged mean you go from 100% to something lower than this)
-How many part is linked for each thing. Movement require two leg, so you get a value of (100+100)/2. With a scar than reduce 10% of a leg, you get (100+90)/2=95%.
-If you replace a brain by a Ai chip, you loose the value of the brain but get the value of the AI chip instead (AI chip is 100%).
-Each part can give additional bonus. Drugged rib give -5% consciousness.

So your brain have a base value of 100% (AI chip), isn't damaged, and you get -5% for the drigged rib. All is cool and works fine.

That led me to the interesting idea/suggestion. Would it be possible to make BRAIN harvestable so that you can install it to other pawn and that would get all the skills and traits of the pawn it was harvested from?

Oragepoilu

@warforyou
The way I see it, if it would be possible to copy skills and trait from a pawn to another, it wouldn't be like this : item wouldn't be able to hold this kind of data on their own.

I know you can change traits. I know it was possible to increase skill of someone ... but having them change based on another pawn ?

At best it remind me an old mod, that allowed to have your pawn act like a hive : all were connected and shared same skill, using a sort of electric hivemind building.

So if it's possible, it sound really complicated IMO, and not the way you actually see it. but I'll let people that actually mod rimworld think about it :p

Vastrix

Quote from: Oragepoilu on August 12, 2016, 07:06:21 AM
-If you replace a brain by a[n] Ai chip, you['ll] lose the value of the brain but [you'll] get the value of the AI chip instead (AI chip is 100%).

Aaah ok, it just replaces the brain?
It's like an Advanced Brain stimulator, ok I see..

So it's only useful if you have brain damage.. Just like the brain stimulator.

What I thought is that it would remove any and all Consciousness penalties given from other parts.
as the description said "this little chip is able to completely restore the user[']s consciousness and mobility."

But ok, I get it ;) 
Cheers,

(Brain damage must be pretty darn popular) :p

Etherdreamer

I still wait that mod would get a revive again... plus other posible stuff I was thinking..
The only bad thing was the solar flares but some time after, someone create a solar flare shield, so Hive mind would really shine. But the autor stoped to update the Hivemind and that cool feature just got lost.

-All the paws in the colony that got and chip inside the head, could get conectan to the HM and share experiences... A real cool thing.

Other posible stuff could be: total understanding in colony, no more fighting for meaningless stuff.

Global work speed cause almost perfect Synchronization (or maybe if they are working in the same task).

Better medical work. (the medic could get instantly where it´s the issue with someone that don´t need to talk to you. Just sending all the info to the HM.

Better combat teamwork, different eyes in different angles would totally improve the response vs any thread.

I could go for a lot of possible options to improve the HM.

Balancing also it´s totally possible in a lot of ways:

-Gradually adding improvements via vanilla research, or using and alternative way inside the HM mainframe.

-Not just building a monstruos space eater building machine, if you could add modules. Like if a module get damaged, the boosting could stop or get reduced by some % till the module get fixed. Add some stress to all pawn cause the HM it´s in danger.

-HM it´s selfaware of danger, if it feels a future thread, he could send a message / stress all pawns to add attention to protect the core. A nearly energy depletion in the energy web like a 25% or less. Raiders targeting the HM, preventive awareness giving some hours or even a day or more about a serious thread. (Special faction than don´t want the HM spreading in the galaxy for X or Y reasons).

-The updates of the HM could be part vanilla research or an special separated researching, or bot. The point is making something gradually evolutive and modular and not just "build and get bacon".

-HM can research his own evolution / help vanilla research or both.

-Micro stations that will extend the HM reach, the HM can only work to a limited range, so you can add relays / add researching / add modules to get more signal.

-Using the mechanites disese as example, HM could have a module that spread / create machanite dust to boost -temporally / permanently the pawns.
Injected (no range needed with the HM to get the bonuses), permanently (need be close an mechanite module / relay to stay active). Machanites are really weak and can fail or get destroyed by EMPs.

There it´s other ideas, but there it´s enough content for create a whole mod for just the Hive Mind as cool gameplay.

Drusek

CCL makes default crafting benches not drain power when idle. Was this considered in this mod? Flicking is just unnecessary micromanagement imo.

biship

Quote from: 1000101 on August 07, 2016, 04:14:52 AM
Can we get a "lite" version of this mod where you don't touch vanilla assets or add the "vancidium?"  I've used this mod in the past long before you started touching core items and added the new resource but I don't have time to maintain my own copy of this mod where I've stripped that stuff out.

Really, I don't know why any of that's in there to begin with.   :o

How's the lite version coming along? There's so many tiny or no changes to vanilla xmls in EPOE :(