[A15] Tilled Soil v1.2

Started by Sam_, February 28, 2015, 06:20:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Igabod

Quote from: Sam_ on May 04, 2015, 01:29:50 PM
Quote from: Igabod on March 03, 2015, 08:45:07 PM
I had a couple minutes to spare and figured this would be an easy enough contribution to make. So I made a tilled soil texture. Feel free to use it or not use it. No need to credit me for it or anything.

I was in the process of updating and decided to make a texture for this. Awkwardly, in my laziness, I went to google typing in "tilled soil texture" and your picture on my mod thread was there. Thanks for the contribution!
I would have done this sooner but I have not found the vanilla art assets, if anyone has a link to those I would appreciate it a lot.

No problem. Here's a LINK to the latest release of the vanilla art assets. It's from a9 though.

Sam_

Master Bucketsmith

Quote from: Igabod on March 03, 2015, 08:45:07 PM
I had a couple minutes to spare and figured this would be an easy enough contribution to make. So I made a tilled soil texture. Feel free to use it or not use it. No need to credit me for it or anything.

I just noticed the width is a bit off. :D
I'm assuming the lighter areas are the higher levels of the soil, but it doesn't matter for my point. :P
If you look at the columns(top to bottom) of crops, it alternates whether or not it's on the proper level.
Perhaps widen it by quite a bit? There's only one crop per column anyway. Might as well make the middle part stand up and the rest flattened ground.
I'm sorry, I'm a bit obsessive with details sometimes. :-[

jerome736

I activated the mod on an existing save and I believe it turned all my existing soil into sand haha. (Wasn't an issue, I caught it in time after noticing my food supply dropping and realizing that all my existing grow zones weren't getting re-sown because the land underneath was sand instead of soil now). I was able to quickly remedy this with your soil tiles. It's kind of interesting seeing sand everywhere else on the map though, kind of gives a Dune/Tatooine feel.

indodino

can i get normal rich soil data instead, like old time?, this tilled soil cant overrive cave terrain

Loki88

Fukara

Match

Updated this to Alpha 11. Cheers guys!

[attachment deleted due to age]

Fukara

VendeTTa

Hey,thanks for updating this to Alpha 11!But does anyone have the vanilla Rimworld soil texture?The new texture is glitchy for me,i'd like to try just the vanilla texture for the soil that is everywhere in the world,please? :)

dismar

<texturePath>Terrain/Surfaces/SoilRich</texturePath>

is the path for it.

kahlzun

Having trouble getting this to work, just causes a freeze when I try to activate it in the menu..
Look for me on the KSP forums!
Rimworld. The game where getting a cannibal psychopath with bloodlust is a good thing.

Iwillbenicetou

Mod Help! The basics on how to download mods!

kahlzun

Quote from: Encode on July 19, 2015, 10:33:03 PM
updated this to A11. Hope the author don't mind. :)

Out of curiosity, what did you need to change? I looked through the code and didn't see anything that looked out of place..
Look for me on the KSP forums!
Rimworld. The game where getting a cannibal psychopath with bloodlust is a good thing.