[1.1] Rimsenal v1.5: beta edition

Started by rooki1, March 03, 2015, 11:54:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What do you want to see in the next update?

Improvised equipments pack: Homemade pistol, pipe shotgun, scrap armor... and glorious Thunderstick!
34 (20.5%)
Xeno beasts pack: Is there anyone want to see a genetically modified cyber-raptor?
68 (41%)
Celestial pack: New faction pack. Adds new xeno human faction, the celestials.
64 (38.6%)

Total Members Voted: 166

Voting closed: September 02, 2015, 09:08:09 PM

Don231

There are so many different weapons and armors. Are there ones that are just objectively better than others?
Which ones do you guys recommend in each class? (e.g. sniper, lmg...)

Canute

You can't say there is that super-power armor.
Each got it own strenght's and weakness.
Nervesuit's give hugh movespeed bonus, but not much armor at all.
Some other give hugh protection but slow down the wielder.

I suggest to spawn some with the dev's tools and compare it.
You just can destroy them afterwards.

Tubal

Love the mod, ect etc  8)

Question though, can I not build the Greydale Pioneer armour? I got the research and the bench, but I can only build weapons and kits, not the armour.

The other brands mention armour so presumably I can build those later.

A_Soft_Machine_Man

Quote from: Tubal on March 17, 2018, 10:41:39 AM
Love the mod, ect etc  8)

Question though, can I not build the Greydale Pioneer armour? I got the research and the bench, but I can only build weapons and kits, not the armour.

The other brands mention armour so presumably I can build those later.

You need to also research the vanilla power armor tech before you can build it at the bench.

Canute

It would be a wise choise to add HelpTab mod.
With HelpTab you can search for the item, check the possible recipes and see what researches/workbenches you need.

Tubal

Ruisuki

Quote from: Drglord on March 08, 2018, 12:12:16 PM
Also most of the weapons in the dropbox files have no quality and i have added them on my own if anyone is interested. Hope he updates the dropbox files.
One of the factions background is that they mass produce weapons and their lore/quirk is they dont come with quality assigned. Greydale was it? It was one of them. Did it affect more than one manufacturer faction?

Crow_T

I'd like to play using the feral pack but am considering pruning the mutants out, is there a recommended way to do this? Can I simply delete PawnKinds_Mutant.xml?
(regarding dead man's apparel)
"I think, at the very least, the buff should go away for jackets so long as you're wearing the former owner's skin as a shirt."
-Condaddy20

Lanilor

Hello fellow mod-users.
First of all this mod looks awesome. I started a new game with it yesterday and played for a few hours and so far it was going well. I was just wondering that the 4 cooperations aren't actual factions in the game and that somehow bothered me so much, that I made a mod for that today.  ;D

It's just playable and probably needs some improvements, but if anybody is interested (especially rookie), I can upload the current version.

Things done:
- 4 factions with their own weapons / combat armor
- factions differentiate according to the Rimsenal story (e.g. JI uses more heavy armored soldiers) (could need more improvement)
- 6 kinds of soldiers (villager, grenadier, slasher, gunner, heavy, elite) (need more?)
- basic apparel (like the federal jump suit)
- simple traders (not really tested until now)

leafzxg

Quote from: Lanilor on March 20, 2018, 04:01:20 PM
Hello fellow mod-users.
First of all this mod looks awesome. I started a new game with it yesterday and played for a few hours and so far it was going well. I was just wondering that the 4 cooperations aren't actual factions in the game and that somehow bothered me so much, that I made a mod for that today.  ;D

It's just playable and probably needs some improvements, but if anybody is interested (especially rookie), I can upload the current version.

Things done:
- 4 factions with their own weapons / combat armor
- factions differentiate according to the Rimsenal story (e.g. JI uses more heavy armored soldiers) (could need more improvement)
- 6 kinds of soldiers (villager, grenadier, slasher, gunner, heavy, elite) (need more?)
- basic apparel (like the federal jump suit)
- simple traders (not really tested until now)

I'm looking forward to this too. Can I take part in your mod test? I have some ideas based in Rimsenal's story.  ;D

CrazyMalk

I'm getting some console errors here, and i believe they are related to this mod. Can somebody help me?

Def-linked translation error: Found no Verse.ThingDef named MoltenCannon to match MoltenCannon.label
Verse.Log:Warning(String)
Verse.DefInjectionPackage:InjectIntoDefs()
Verse.LoadedLanguage:InjectIntoData_Patch1(Object)
Verse.PlayDataLoader:<DoPlayLoad>m__1()
Verse.LongEventHandler:ExecuteToExecuteWhenFinished()
Verse.LongEventHandler:UpdateCurrentAsynchronousEvent()
Verse.LongEventHandler:LongEventsUpdate(Boolean&)
Verse.Root:Update_Patch1(Object)
Verse.Root_Entry:Update()

Def-linked translation error: Found no Verse.ThingDef named MoltenCannon to match MoltenCannon.description

Def-linked translation error: Found no Verse.ThingDef named BarrageCannon to match BarrageCannon.label

Def-linked translation error: Found no Verse.ThingDef named BarrageCannon to match BarrageCannon.description

Def-linked translation error: Found no Verse.ThingDef named Bullet_MC to match Bullet_MC.label

Def-linked translation error: Found no Verse.ThingDef named Gun_MC to match Gun_MC.label

Def-linked translation error: Found no Verse.ThingDef named Gun_MC to match Gun_MC.description

Def-linked translation error: Found no Verse.ThingDef named Bullet_BC to match Bullet_BC.label

Def-linked translation error: Found no Verse.ThingDef named Gun_BC to match Gun_BC.label

Def-linked translation error: Found no Verse.ThingDef named Gun_BC to match Gun_BC.description

Lanilor

That's a translation error. I got these errors/warnings too, when I was looking for another bug. I think they are normally ignored and only get displayed when other errors are thrown. Do you get other errors too? Maybe a conflict with another mod? If so, you can try to find out which mods are causing the conflict by only activation a few of them and then adding more until you get the errors again.

----

Quote from: leafzxg on March 20, 2018, 09:05:55 PM
I'm looking forward to this too. Can I take part in your mod test? I have some ideas based in Rimsenal's story.  ;D

Sure. I attached it.
The trade caravans are still somewhat buggy. Some caravans are guarded and some are just the trader. I don't know the reason for this yet. Also they are still selling outlander stuff including weapons from all 4 faction. I would like to have them trade only their eqipment and some basic stuff,  but I couldn't find enough motivation to create custom trade stocks until now.

[attachment deleted due to age]

Gizborn

Wow. Thanks to peace negotiations, I unlocked option to bribe ferals and actually befriend them! Now I can even request their military support. Too bad there's no available caravan for sending. Would've buy an ogre of two.

Prince Kasta

Quote from: Lanilor on March 21, 2018, 07:27:06 PM
That's a translation error. I got these errors/warnings too, when I was looking for another bug. I think they are normally ignored and only get displayed when other errors are thrown. Do you get other errors too? Maybe a conflict with another mod? If so, you can try to find out which mods are causing the conflict by only activation a few of them and then adding more until you get the errors again.

Those warnings pop up for me even if Rimsenal and the security pack are the only active mods.

It's the Security Pack itself that does that.

KozmoD

Im in love with the art of this mod. Every single thing looks so cool and pretty. Specially the Ogron, the texture just looks amazing. Could they be obtainable ? Like buy from traders or even transform colonists/prisoners into them? They can be a weaker version of the original ones and really expensive to buy/create, I just want some of them running in my base cause they look awesome.