[1.5] RT Mods - expansion o'clock again (2024-04-20)

Started by Ratys, March 07, 2015, 05:23:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ratys

Quote from: Tyolan on January 13, 2017, 07:02:01 AM
RT Power Switch is bugged. When "Emergency power" mode is activated, the switch doesn't turn ON when needed if the adjacent energy network need it, IF the network DOESN'T have a battery activated in.

All worked fine until I put RT Power Switch (in Emergency Mode) in front of all my batteries packs.

Be Careful.  :'(

It's not a bug, the relevant research project's description warns you of exactly that, and it happens because of how power networks in RimWorld work.

Tyolan

Quote from: Ratys on January 13, 2017, 03:39:05 PM
It's not a bug, the relevant research project's description warns you of exactly that, and it happens because of how power networks in RimWorld work.

My bad, thank you for the precision!

Canute

Ratys,
could you made/compile a quantum storage mod which don't look for updates that much ? Maybe 10/100 times the ticks like currently.
I want to check if that reduce the lag on high gamespeed.
After i got now enough energy for QT stockpiles, i just notice these effect again.

Ratys

Quote from: Canute on January 14, 2017, 11:22:58 AM
Ratys,
could you made/compile a quantum storage mod which don't look for updates that much ? Maybe 10/100 times the ticks like currently.
I want to check if that reduce the lag on high gamespeed.
After i got now enough energy for QT stockpiles, i just notice these effect again.

Here you go. This one is 10x slower, just for you; not going to release this officially officially, because that takes more time than making the changes themselves. And because I'm in an ongoing redesign process for what likely will be version 2.0.0 (not yet completely sure how and when it will be released, might just hoard it until next alpha comes around, to eliminate the need of handling legacy stuff to maintain save compatibility).

Bear in mind that this release wasn't tested as thoroughly. In theory it shouldn't break anything due to how everything was coded in the first place, but one never knows. Let me know of anything weird, or if you want an even slower version.

Canute

Thanks,
so far i don't notice any withdraw compared to the regular version. And the game runs a smoother on fast gamespeed.
Maybe just for testing, a 100x times slower update version ? :-)

faltonico

It is ridiculous that we can build spaceships and not fuses...
Please apply:
Want to see YOUR mod in RimWorld?

faltonico

Hi there again!
I just wanted you to know that i have had this error a couple of times, it only happens when i load my save, and it might be related to me uninstalling the corresponding Quantum warehouse the quantum relay was set to:
Exception ticking Building_RTQuantumRelaySmall7129672: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at RT_QuantumStorage.CompRTQuantumWarehouse.DeRegisterRelay (RT_QuantumStorage.CompRTQuantumRelay compRelay) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RT_QuantumStorage.CompRTQuantumRelay.QuantumRelayTick (Int32 tickAmount) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RT_QuantumStorage.CompRTQuantumRelay.CompTick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.ThingWithComps.Tick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.TickList.Tick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Verse.Log:Error(String)
Verse.TickList:Tick()
Verse.TickManager:DoSingleTick()
Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate()
Verse.Game:Update()
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

Uninstalling the relay threw another error, and the disappearance of the relay o.O
JobDriver threw exception in initAction. Pawn=Zippy, Job=Uninstall A=Thing_Building_RTQuantumRelaySmall7129672, Exception: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at RT_QuantumStorage.CompRTQuantumWarehouse.DeRegisterRelay (RT_QuantumStorage.CompRTQuantumRelay compRelay) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RT_QuantumStorage.CompRTQuantumRelay.PostDeSpawn (Verse.Map map) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.ThingWithComps.DeSpawn () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Building.DeSpawn () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.Building_Storage.DeSpawn () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.ThingContainer.TryAdd (Verse.Thing item, Boolean canMergeWithExistingStacks) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.MinifiedThing.set_InnerThing (Verse.Thing value) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.MinifyUtility.MakeMinified (Verse.Thing thing) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.MinifyUtility.Uninstall (Verse.Thing th) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.JobDriver_Uninstall.FinishedRemoving () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.JobDriver_RemoveBuilding+<MakeNewToils>c__IteratorF.<>m__3B () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.AI.JobDriver.TryActuallyStartNextToil () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Verse.AI.JobDriver:TryActuallyStartNextToil()
Verse.AI.JobDriver:ReadyForNextToil()
RimWorld.<MakeNewToils>c__IteratorF:<>m__39()
Verse.AI.JobDriver:DriverTick()
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:JobTrackerTick()
Verse.Pawn:Tick()

Ratys

Quote from: faltonico on February 23, 2017, 02:01:47 PM
Hi there again!
I just wanted you to know that i have had this error a couple of times, it only happens when i load my save, and it might be related to me uninstalling the corresponding Quantum warehouse the quantum relay was set to:

-lotsa data snip-

That's a very informative report, thank you. I've put it up on my github, so that I'll remember to take a good close look at it when I'm actively developing the mods again (which should happen close around next RimWorld release).

MaximusIsAwesome

Lupin III

I just had pirates drop in through the roof right besides a quantum stockpile. This gave me the following error message multiple times until the drop pod despawned:
Exception ticking Building_RTQuantumStockpile438639: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at RT_QuantumStorage.Utilities.IsChunk (Verse.Thing thing) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RT_QuantumStorage.CompRTQuantumStockpile.ReceiveThing (Verse.Thing thingToReceive) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RT_QuantumStorage.CompRTQuantumStockpile.ProcessCell (IntVec3 cell) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RT_QuantumStorage.CompRTQuantumStockpile.QuantumStockpileTick (Int32 tickAmount) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RT_QuantumStorage.CompRTQuantumStockpile.CompTick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.ThingWithComps.Tick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.TickList.Tick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

I guess a drop pod landing on a stockpile really is an exception ;)

Spdskatr

Haha, funniest error I've seen in a while. The cause was that the drop pod thing def doesn't have a thingCategories tag, therefore is NULL. Ratys didn't include a null checker for thingCategories in RT_QuantumStorage.Utilities.IsChunk to catch this error.

Tbh fastest time I've ever debugged an error  ;D
My mods

If 666 is evil, does that make 25.8069758011 the root of all evil?

faltonico

Quote from: Spdskatr on March 27, 2017, 08:14:09 PM
Haha, funniest error I've seen in a while. The cause was that the drop pod thing def doesn't have a thingCategories tag, therefore is NULL. Ratys didn't include a null checker for thingCategories in RT_QuantumStorage.Utilities.IsChunk to catch this error.

Tbh fastest time I've ever debugged an error  ;D
It also happens when you recycle apparello eyewear near a stockpile, it doesn't know what to do with the "monel", "plastic" an "titanium" that they yield.

Ratys

DigitalCore

Hey Ratys, just had a question regarding solar flare shields. Do you have any plans to make them function on only networks they're connected to for a lower power draw? Or are they just for blanket protection?
Introducing the new and improved killbox: the Minefield! Now with 30% more explosions! Guaranteed to kill all those pesky tribals that keep visiting you at night.