[A17] Vegetable Garden [8/22/17]

Started by dismar, May 07, 2015, 10:52:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dismar

soo are you using an older save ? And did your older save have tofu OR polenta any where in the game?

Elysium

Quote from: dismar on August 08, 2016, 05:20:08 PM
soo are you using an older save ? And did your older save have tofu OR polenta any where in the game?

It is an older save but I already deleted my existing tofu, there has been new tofu created however. No polenta at all.  I'm not sure that has anything to do with it but I could be wrong.  Now I'm getting a new food related error related to WorkGiver DoctorFeed.  The curious thing is this only seems to be happening to 5 specific pawns, the rest seem fine.  I'm so confused.

Edit: Okay the fact that it was only happening to specific pawns made me clue into the fact that there has to be something unique about them, and sure enough they were carrying the old tofu type in their inventories.  Sorry about that, completely forgot to check inventories. :/

dismar

Did you happen to check all your colonists inventory for tofu? I've seen that error and it's the one i talk about under the download for the new version.

Elysium

Yeah sorry I guess I wasn't clear.  It was being caused by old tofu in their inventories, I made them drop it all and deleted it.  Everything is fine now, thanks.

dismar

NO PROBLEM!! Elysium i just want you happy and enjoying a working game! :P

Szara

I can't believe I'm saying this, but.. Any chance for a version of the mod with somewhat reduced yields or increased growth times, etc, and/or a decrease in the effectiveness of plowing? Maybe combine a bit of those with plowed soil decaying over time, which would be preferable, with auto-tasks for growers (or constructors?) to re-plow it, though I'm guessing that would be much more complicated.

I love the mod, but by the stars does it feel over powered when I can pop down a 10x10 or two of pineapple, plow it pretty soon after, and laugh at the need for food.. Then toss down a 10x10 of PlaSteel leaf, and silver will almost never be an issue when the traders come around. Just sell it for ~5 silver per leaf to ever trader who will take it, even if you can't refine it, and with plowed soil the stuff grows like wildfire.
Yest' chelovék, yest' probléma. Net chelovéka, net problémy.
If there is a person, there is a problem. If there is no person, then there is no problem.

dismar

Quote from: Szara on August 09, 2016, 08:53:44 PM
I can't believe I'm saying this, but.. Any chance for a version of the mod with somewhat reduced yields or increased growth times, etc, and/or a decrease in the effectiveness of plowing? Maybe combine a bit of those with plowed soil decaying over time, which would be preferable, with auto-tasks for growers (or constructors?) to re-plow it, though I'm guessing that would be much more complicated.

I love the mod, but by the stars does it feel over powered when I can pop down a 10x10 or two of pineapple, plow it pretty soon after, and laugh at the need for food.. Then toss down a 10x10 of PlaSteel leaf, and silver will almost never be an issue when the traders come around. Just sell it for ~5 silver per leaf to ever trader who will take it, even if you can't refine it, and with plowed soil the stuff grows like wildfire.

well i am american and we are a gluttonous ppl :) And in the newest version of the garden there is at least research now to slow down the process a bit. but in the later crops some balance probably is needed :)

as for the plowed soil not much i can do but make it a bit weaker. all what you ask is cool but outside my coding

I've been working 60+ hour weeks :( it was hard enough for the last big update. i need ppl to feed back to balance the mod! ty tho

Elysium

I feel like the soil options are very overpowered as well so I just decided to change it myself, feel free to use it if you want, you just have to replace \Vegetable Garden\Defs\TerrainDefs\Terrain_TilledSoil.xml.  It is save safe, assuming you don't entirely remove the Vegetable Garden mod from your game.

Garden soil has a yield of 120% down from 200% and plowed soil is 150% down from 400%.  It also requires 10x as much work to work the terrain into a usable or upgraded state.  I feel like even 150% is too much because I only have 2 sunlamp greenhouses and I have more food than I could ever use.  At least it feels like I put in a lot of work to get it to the state it is in however.

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

dismar

Quote from: Elysium on August 09, 2016, 09:28:58 PM

I feel like the soil options are very overpowered as well so I just decided to change it myself, feel free to use it if you want, you just have to replace \Vegetable Garden\Defs\TerrainDefs\Terrain_TilledSoil.xml.  It is save safe, assuming you don't entirely remove the Vegetable Garden mod from your game.

Garden soil has a yield of 120% down from 200% and plowed soil is 150% down from 400%.  It also requires 10x as much work to work the terrain into a usable or upgraded state.  I feel like even 150% is too much because I only have 2 sunlamp greenhouses and I have more food than I could ever use.  At least it feels like I put in a lot of work to get it to the state it is in however.

Yeah In the update I have increased the work, but almost Halving the soil itself might fix the problems!

Szara

Well that was fast, thanks. I'll post something else within a few days with thoughts on balance, perhaps.
Yest' chelovék, yest' probléma. Net chelovéka, net problémy.
If there is a person, there is a problem. If there is no person, then there is no problem.

dismar

Quote from: Szara on August 09, 2016, 09:48:30 PM
Well that was fast, thanks. I'll post something else within a few days with thoughts on balance, perhaps.

I am pushing a "test" update on steam :P Poor ppl..

kaptain_kavern

Hey Dismar :

More work for you buddy  :P : Updating/integrating Silage mod.

If your project was on Github I could have done the job for you :p

Vakturion

G'day I've just started using this mod and it really great. I was going to cook a 'Fine Meal' when I noticed it's no longer there. What're my options for cooking with meat and veg on the Food prep table.

Thanks.

kaptain_kavern

AFAIK you can't do much on the prep table only, try to build the other benches

dismar

Quote from: Vakturion on August 12, 2016, 03:14:30 AM
G'day I've just started using this mod and it really great. I was going to cook a 'Fine Meal' when I noticed it's no longer there. What're my options for cooking with meat and veg on the Food prep table.

Thanks.

The food prep table is for making ingredients and simple meals. Build a fueled stove for complex meals. Or research advance cooking to unlock an electric stove that does the same.