[A17] Vegetable Garden [8/22/17]

Started by dismar, May 07, 2015, 10:52:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dismar

dismar

Quote from: notfood on July 15, 2016, 10:15:48 PM

This is probably an oversight, food prep table looks stretched, I think it's natural size was 2x1.

damn lazy modder. fixed on steam release! and in next push for forum.

Also there was a bug reported on steam. Please report here so I can respond better.
I cannot recreate the bug of bodies disappearing on permafrost. And i've killed a lot trying :)

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

notfood

I've gotten disappearing bodies as well. I don't think it's your mod though.

Devstorm

I had that happen too, and I didn't have your mod..yet. I had CCL and Balancing Act. Turned off Balancing Act and haven't had a body disappear since.

hoochy

It would be great if you could add gold leaf, and the other resources which you can only find mining like uranium. I love the concept of growing resources from the ground, the only thing that would make it better is the ground eventually runs out of those minerals and can no longer grow them.

notfood

Plants don't grow ores...

You may want the mining station from Industrialization. It's a logical renewable source of minerals.

kaptain_kavern

Quote from: notfood on July 17, 2016, 12:36:22 AM
Plants don't grow ores...
[...]

In fact in this mod, yes they do ...

Quote from: dismar on May 07, 2015, 10:52:34 AM
Grow Resources:
- Grow Steel leaf and Plasteel leaf (research Electric Smelter) which soak up minerals from the ground.  Extract the minerals into ores at the Electric Smelter.

rekasa

Sorry if this has already been asked before, but at which crafting station do you refine steelleaf into steel?
I've tried a couple without any luck. :c

kaptain_kavern

Grow Resources:
- Grow Steel leaf and Plasteel leaf (research Electric Smelter) which soak up minerals from the ground.  Extract the minerals into ores at the Electric Smelter.

dismar

Quote from: kaptain_kavern on July 17, 2016, 08:12:12 AM
Grow Resources:

I dont think it even has the research any more :)

Just look at the pictures n the front page if you need to know what makes what. the items are under the tables that make them  :P

Savage117

I am unable to build the Oven with anything other than Granite Blocks, I am playing on a map without granite, so this makes it kinda difficult to build the oven. Is this a bug, or is it intended?

I know in real life many kinds of stone wouldn't work well for an oven, due to low heat tolerances or leeching toxins. But for the game maybe it could be forgiven for balancing reasons?

Its just a suggestion, I know I can get granite from traders and such, but that means I have to wait around for the right trader just to make a simple oven.

Thank you for this mod, it makes cooking and farming a lot more enjoyable and immersive.

dismar

Quote from: Savage117 on July 18, 2016, 07:04:42 PM
I am unable to build the Oven with anything other than Granite Blocks, I am playing on a map without granite, so this makes it kinda difficult to build the oven. Is this a bug, or is it intended?

I know in real life many kinds of stone wouldn't work well for an oven, due to low heat tolerances or leeching toxins. But for the game maybe it could be forgiven for balancing reasons?

Its just a suggestion, I know I can get granite from traders and such, but that means I have to wait around for the right trader just to make a simple oven.

Thank you for this mod, it makes cooking and farming a lot more enjoyable and immersive.

SO here is the thing, by default the game just picks Granite block for any thing "stony" or made of stone. Once you have any thing else in your stock pile it let you pick it when you click :

Savage117

Quote from: dismar on July 18, 2016, 07:42:12 PM
Quote from: Savage117 on July 18, 2016, 07:04:42 PM

SO here is the thing, by default the game just picks Granite block for any thing "stony" or made of stone. Once you have any thing else in your stock pile it let you pick it when you click :

I guess its a bug then, I had a large stockpile of marble blocks and it still said I didn't have the right materials in stock when clicking on the oven. I don't even get a popup over the oven when clicking on it, like your picture shows. Maybe I got a corrupt version, using the steam workshop version at the moment, or its conflicting with one of my other mods. I have to start a new tribe anyway, so I will re-install the mod by itself and try again.

Thank you for the quick and helpful reply.

dismar

Hmmm I installed on my laptop using steam and installed the steam version of my mod. Started a new game using only the Garden and core. I was able to build it using slate with no issues :(