[A17] Vegetable Garden [8/22/17]

Started by dismar, May 07, 2015, 10:52:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dismar

Quote from: Canute on January 24, 2017, 01:07:49 PM
No, salt meat got the same nut. like regular meat and that didn't changed.
Maybe you used Canned meat before, that got a nut. of 0.4

Yes salted meat it basically meat that you can eat raw with no de-buff. It takes a bit to fill up a person. But its mostly for food preservation at an early stage. Main purpose is to have it as an ingredient with a long life.

Quote from: kunyomi on January 24, 2017, 12:08:25 PM
There's a typo in the Heat Lamps research description: "Allows you to build advanced sun lamps that prvode lamp and act as a small heater to grow crops."

I assume what it was meant to say is "provide light" because "provide lamp" is still a bit weird.
yup

Quote from: MarineStardust on January 24, 2017, 02:57:03 PM
for the tilled soil, do you have to have the Rainbeau's Fertile Fields mod enabled for access to the fertilizer?
hmm some other soil mod not really needed :P

Quote from: Trigon on January 24, 2017, 05:43:06 PM
Oh btw, I noticed it before but forgot to mention it. By default all the candy, coffee, tea and added alcohols aren't enabled as part of the social drug policy. I don't know if there's anything you can do about it and obviously it isn't a big deal since it's pretty easy to check them off. I just keep forgetting until there's piles of coffee and no one will drink it, then I remember and kick myself.
ah yes i haven't forgot about this! i see in the coding that there might be a way to make this work.. idk testing is needed.

Naxdar

The mod overall makes food easy but planting raspberry bushes is a bit OP. 3 days of growth for 30 berries at 0.12 nutrition ? It's so much better than everything else. It doesn't even need to be replanted.

dismar

Quote from: Naxdar on January 24, 2017, 07:01:19 PM
The mod overall makes food easy but planting raspberry bushes is a bit OP. 3 days of growth for 30 berries at 0.12 nutrition ? It's so much better than everything else. It doesn't even need to be replanted.
Your should be able to plant it at all. Def a bug.

asquirrel

How do you check the nutrition value?  I just keep planting rice and mushrooms.  Or rice and red beans. Then they are made into fine meals (level 2 meals).  Is the nutrition value of the simple and fine meals fixed?  What happens if they eat something with a high nutrition value raw?  Do they stay full longer? Wouldn't they get pissed for just eating berries?

dismar

Quote from: asquirrel on January 24, 2017, 07:35:55 PM

How do you check the nutrition value?  I just keep planting rice and mushrooms.  Or rice and red beans. Then they are made into fine meals (level 2 meals).  Is the nutrition value of the simple and fine meals fixed?  What happens if they eat something with a high nutrition value raw?  Do they stay full longer? Wouldn't they get pissed for just eating berries?
Pawns don't care what they eat as long as it's cooked. They don't like most food raw. They don't care if you feed them berries forever. Nutrition of meals is what it give when ate. Better meals give better moods.

Canute

Quote from: asquirrel on January 24, 2017, 07:35:55 PM

Depend what they eat and how hungry they are.
They need to eat less berriers with 0.12 then other fruits with 0.07.
But when they are full, they are full. A 0.9 nut. meal can be a waste then they just wake up and are half hungry.

But why do you grow rice all the time. Ok it is fast growing and you can train growing very well with it.
But when you grow corn, you can made polenta out of it, and use the polenta for your meals. Thats double the nutri. value.
You can bake the polenta too, or grind the corn into flour to made bread.

asquirrel

So with the polenta I make polenta meal instead of fine meal or simple meal?  If I do that though don't I lose the mood boost from the fine meals?  Then with baked polenta, I would also loose the mood boost from them eating a fine meal instead, right?  So what would be the advantage to making either polenta meal or bake polenta?  They do seem to like polenta when it falls from space. :)

Canute

Corn -> cornmeal -> polenta
Polenta is can be used as regular vegetable like rice or corn itself.
You don't need to made baked polenta, thats just an addional meal you can exclusive from polenta, but i am not sure if it is fine or simple meal.

But why don't you made Stir-fry (cook four stir fried meal) instead of fine meals, need the same amout of nutr. give fine meal mood, and give blood filt/manipulation boni.
And when you got enough meat/vegs. try pots of stew, lavisch meal.
Or when you like it complex try to made pizza ! :-)

MarineStardust

a other question about the tilled soil, can you use to make a farm inside a mountain?

dismar

Quote from: MarineStardust on January 25, 2017, 02:44:06 PM
a other question about the tilled soil, can you use to make a farm inside a mountain?

Yes after researching. You can smooth the floor and place soil on it.

asquirrel

Quote from: Canute on January 25, 2017, 10:34:45 AM
Corn -> cornmeal -> polenta
Polenta is can be used as regular vegetable like rice or corn itself.
You don't need to made baked polenta, thats just an addional meal you can exclusive from polenta, but i am not sure if it is fine or simple meal.

But why don't you made Stir-fry (cook four stir fried meal) instead of fine meals, need the same amout of nutr. give fine meal mood, and give blood filt/manipulation boni.
And when you got enough meat/vegs. try pots of stew, lavisch meal.
Or when you like it complex try to made pizza ! :-)

Hi Canute!

I tried making polenta but can't make it in the stove.  The stove says I need polenta to make grilled polenta. So I made an oven.  I have plenty of cornmeal but I also need flour to bake the polenta.  What production thing do you use to go from corn-> cornmeal -> polenta?

I can make stir-fry though and my pawns seem to like it. :)  They also like the stew! :)

Canute

Corn -> cornmeal, Milling stone for bulk/single or Food prep table for single.
Cornmeal -> polenta,  Food prep table for bulk/single recipes.
Oven you only need for pizza or baked polenta. But that is optional. You can use the polenta like rice.

Quotea other question about the tilled soil, can you use to make a farm inside a mountain?
Works fine, you can made any underground beside water fertile.
I prefer ground farming over adv. hydroponic, most of the time.

Trigon

Yes I noticed raspberry bushes can be planted. I thought it was an intentional addition though. I'm currently growing strawberries to see if the nutritional yield difference per day is that significant, because if the raspberry bushes are 30 fruits of .12 nutrition then that's better than the fruit trees even if my math is right.

dismar

Quote from: Trigon on January 26, 2017, 12:17:26 PM
Yes I noticed raspberry bushes can be planted. I thought it was an intentional addition though. I'm currently growing strawberries to see if the nutritional yield difference per day is that significant, because if the raspberry bushes are 30 fruits of .12 nutrition then that's better than the fruit trees even if my math is right.

It was a small mistake. The parent def for the bush is suppose to be VG_PlantBase not VG_PlantDef thats what made it growable.

Flimflamshabam

So, not sure if this has been asked before, but could the neutromine plants be added to the resource sub-mod thing? And maybe the bamboo?