[A17] Vegetable Garden [8/22/17]

Started by dismar, May 07, 2015, 10:52:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dismar

The resource plant were locked behind research for balance and to hide from those not wanting to use it.

The plant itself is based off of real plant processes you can find today.

And the amount of work you have to put into it make the process a loss in the end compared to any other way of getting the metals.

It's just an alt way from having to move or trade for the resources.

Canute

QuoteBeing able to harvest metals etc from plants for me is immersion/balance breaking and... well... I just thought since you seem to be incredibly thoughtful and  responsive to feedback and balance with your mod?
Believe me these resource plants are very well balanced.
You need first someone with good growing skill to get the better resource plants planted.
Then you even need a high skilled crafter to smelt them.
And the amout of resources you can farm at this way isn't that incredible high compared to all these work. Other mining mod give you easyer inlimited access to resources.
Maybe you just don't like the idea about plants that gather minerals. Yes it is a bit extrem special the plasteel/uranium ones, but the nature allready do this at her own.

deathstar

Hey dismar, any thoughts or maybe even plans for my previous comment regarding the different sprites for different growth-stages?

dismar

Quote from: deathstar on May 31, 2017, 09:33:27 AM
Hey dismar, any thoughts or maybe even plans for my previous comment regarding the different sprites for different growth-stages?

yes it's on the to-do list. I was only able to get the original plants staging back in before launch...

deathstar

RyunosukeKnT

two words for a future addition: Bandages, Bulk.   Not necessarily in that order :)

Wilponderroci

survival meals not being in the bills? that seems like still a  thing?

cant craft packaged survival meals.

Edit: ok its in there had to download an updated version of 5.4

Moonsong

Did someone mention that you can turn salt into chemfuel at refinery? Also i can build electric stove and food prep table just for having Electricity tech.

dismar

Quote from: Moonsong on June 13, 2017, 10:30:20 AM
Did someone mention that you can turn salt into chemfuel at refinery?

Sweet!

Antaios

For anyone who likes the Vegetable Garden added medicines, I made a Patch that adds them to the medical care options in the health tab.

Tanelorn

Hey Dismar, I love your VG mod of course (It has my ibuprofen in it!). But I disagree strongly with the composting process. As a composter myself you break a lot of well known composting rules. You can't have any proteins in the compost starter. On top of that, there's basically no such thing as a "starter", you just put excess veggies and leaves into the compost. But I understand you did that to simulate taking extra vegetables and making compost from them.

I highly recommend changing the ingredients list for making compost starter so it is just plants. Too bad the game doesn't let spoiled veggies stay (currently they just disappear when spoiled), because that would be ideal for the composting element. Anyway, thanks for all your work. Please consider restricting compost starter to just plants.

Canute

Basicly it is possible that rotten meat/vegs don't vanish.
At     [A17] Rainbeau's Fertile Fields it happen, and you can made raw compost out of that. And with raw compost you made fertizier.

But basicly i don't see why you can't use non-rotten food to use for fertizier. Ok inside a combost-bin you don't got (much) oxygen so other bacteria are used to convert the food. But these shouldn't care about if the food is rotten or not.

neltnerb

Why not have compost starter automatically produced as a byproduct of cooking? That seems pretty natural.

2xbon

dismar

Quote from: 2xbon on June 19, 2017, 01:59:09 PM
where do i get the salt?

Your can find salt in the world to mine. Or there is a Salt spot in Misc that you can Bill jobs to mine it on a rocky surface.