Ludeon Forums

Ludeon Forums

• September 22, 2019, 10:30:48 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How you relate for the full removing automatic turrets?

Positive. It's realistic. Fight with killboxes continues.
Negative. Make a button to kill all enemies in one click.

Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 456

Author Topic: [1.0] [PROJECT] Hardcore SK project v7: Sunrise  (Read 1768419 times)

skyarkhangel

• Colonist
  • Skynet machine
    • View Profile
Re: [A12c] [MODPACK] Hardcore SK global project 2.0a: Domination (27/08/15)
« Reply #855 on: August 27, 2015, 08:04:39 PM »

First of all, you have done an amazing job with this mod pack Sky, it's easily my favorite mod compilation. Aside from the usual "Why is mod xyz not in the new update!?", there are a couple of things that are pretty weird. For instance, the new research tree, specifically the new 3 research projects ("Air circulation", "Temperature control" and "Gun turret cooling") that are available from the start really make no sense whatsoever. They don't unlock any new research and I don't see the reason for which they are available from the start.

Also, can I have your permission to modify some of the tooltips/descriptions so that they provide more relevant information? For example, information about the research projects that are unlocked if you research that specific project or how much power a specific plant generates, how much fuel it needs and so on.  Double also, where is the battery texture stored? Thanks in advance. :D

Thank you. It's very difficult to balance such a huge content, but it seems we are on the right track. Of course, send me tooltips/descriptions, will be very grateful. With the translation of the Russian version works even a few people!  Battery uses vanilla texture, so just does not get it  :D

MarvinKosh

• Mad Tester
  • Super Tester
  • Planetologist
    • View Profile
    • My RimWorld 1.0 Mods
« Reply #856 on: August 27, 2015, 08:12:22 PM »

I gave the modpack a go tonight and I have to say, there's a fantastic amount of content in there. Lots of crafting stages, but I was eventually able to figure out how to get a colony fitted out with doors and steel beds. :) Plus, has to be said, a lot of improved textures. Much kudos to the artists out there.

Alex.QTK

• Muffalo
  • Refugee
    • View Profile
« Reply #857 on: August 27, 2015, 08:39:53 PM »

Battery uses vanilla texture, so just does not get it  :D

Hmm, after I apply the mod pack, the batteries just look like plain gray rectangles. Is it a bug? :(

Nanako

• Muffalo
  • Refugee
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: August 27, 2015, 08:46:29 PM »

So i'm playing the new version. It seems that the Night Owl trait is completely broken. It doesn't give any bonus at night, or any penalty during the day. doesn't do anything.

My colony is in the middle of a desert. How do i pick up sand off the ground for using?

Also, you should really update the tutorial messages to be more helpful. Like the one that says "Pirate raids will start soon, build some turrets". i'm not sure what we're supposed to do in the earlygame for defenses but turrets aren't it.

and i see you've added sex. How do i make that happen. i set people to do it and they don't seem to do anything. dpo i need to research double beds or something?

bobisback

• Muffalo
  • Refugee
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: August 27, 2015, 09:58:35 PM »

I think the lategame comes down to too much grinding for several specific items:

Electronic Chips
Synthetic Materials
Steel Parts

These are too slow to make, but required in too high quantity, and it really drags things down. In my last game i ended up making a huge fortune from years upon years of raiders before i really felt i was at the endgame.

I really would like to see the required number of synthetic materials reduced a bit, and microchips made easier to craft (less sand and metal please!)

Ya I agree I ended up having to mod this to get it to fit better with my play style. It was taking so long to build things in really bogged the game down.

Nanako

• Muffalo
  • Refugee
    • View Profile
« Reply #860 on: August 27, 2015, 11:50:26 PM »

what did you do, and how?

maybe you could share some of those changes?

Alex.QTK

• Muffalo
  • Refugee
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: August 28, 2015, 03:24:14 AM »

Ok guys, to fix the battery texture issue that I posted earlier you will need to edit Core_SK\Defs\ThingDefs\Buildings_Power.xml. Specifically, search for the battery definition and change <drawSize>(1,2)</drawSize> to <drawSize>(2,3)</drawSize>
« Last Edit: August 28, 2015, 03:26:16 AM by Alex.QTK »

sociallyawkwardsurvivor

• Muffalo
  • Refugee
    • View Profile
« Reply #862 on: August 28, 2015, 10:22:46 AM »

Thanks Alex.  Havent tested, but hope that works.

Skyhark, Although both "cats" and "more factions" seem to work okay when added, could you add them to the next sk release?  and may I request pre-transcendant and jaffa factions?  The jaffa patch only seems to add scout armor outfit and hat, could maybe add staff weapons... or am I not seeing it there?

isistoy

• Colonist
  • DeeDleeDoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #863 on: August 28, 2015, 10:52:52 AM »

Sky did quite a massive job deciphering other people's mods incompatibilities, possibly helping them pointing out impacting A12 changes, when possible and also adding new stuff that makes sense in SK but it really is a tough one, also in regards to other people's work due respect, or availability or personal plans for their own projects and finding/dealing with changes!

I dream about the perfect world where all modders could interact and share stuff freely in between each other, but it's maybe in another time/space/dimension :)

In another perfect world, maybe we would all be mastering Github perfectly, be constrained to share our work there with no other considerations but doing so systematically and be forking each other's work like a crazy modding team of maybe 50/100 individuals, ahaa.

Anyway... SC has not been communicating its plans for update so far, so it is impossible to make any call for now, but I get the feeling there will be a follow-up (I don't why I am saying this :D).
« Last Edit: August 28, 2015, 10:55:49 AM by isistoy »
<Stay on the scene like a State machine>

sociallyawkwardsurvivor

• Muffalo
  • Refugee
    • View Profile
« Reply #864 on: August 28, 2015, 12:25:56 PM »

yeah, skyhark is incredible.  SK mod is handsdown the only way to play. Although, I didnt like the way he nerfed my favorite outfit this time around, the duster. ;-)   If you know what you are doing, the textures for the duster can be placed in the core sk directory (core sk > textures > things > apparel) and make the path change in Apparel_Various file (core sk > defs > ThingDefs).
« Last Edit: August 28, 2015, 02:15:21 PM by sociallyawkwardsurvivor »

Nanako

• Muffalo
  • Refugee
    • View Profile
« Reply #865 on: August 28, 2015, 03:45:12 PM »

Can anyone answer my two questions;

1. How do i take sand off the ground in a desert biome (for making chips with)
2. How does the new lovemaking mechanic work? I set people to do it as top priority job and nothing happened.

Also sky, are we going to be seeing a patch for the issues that have cropped up? (missing textures, Night Owl not working etc).

Bugs really...bug me

skyarkhangel

• Colonist
  • Skynet machine
    • View Profile
« Reply #866 on: August 28, 2015, 03:54:13 PM »

Can anyone answer my two questions;

1. How do i take sand off the ground in a desert biome (for making chips with)
2. How does the new lovemaking mechanic work? I set people to do it as top priority job and nothing happened.

Also sky, are we going to be seeing a patch for the issues that have cropped up? (missing textures, Night Owl not working etc).

Bugs really...bug me

it's a bug with Mechanical Defence and CCL = In progress for fix.

zenfur

• Colonist
  • Shark-chan
    • View Profile
« Reply #867 on: August 29, 2015, 02:40:49 AM »

Did you change lots of icons for weapons? Or you didn't yet update them for yours? These black ones (shotgun, pistol, sniper rifle...) are ugly and don't fit the style. Old ones were great!
Little posts, quality posts.

Notice me, senpaaiiiiiii!!!!

Dan

• Muffalo
  • Refugee
    • View Profile
« Reply #868 on: August 29, 2015, 07:04:03 AM »

Could you please consider removing insects from the mod? Aggressive flies and mosquitos do not make any sense with Rimworld's combat mechanics. Colonists should just run away, but they can't because they are being damaged (1 damage). This will also prevent them from fighting back. After they take 30 times 1 damage, treating will take forever and they will get infected. Shooting a mosquito with an assault rifle makes no sense either. And afterwards your colonists will freak out because each dead mosquito adds -150 beauty and there may easily be five of those. So I will need to bury mosquitos...

Also, in A12 biodiversity somewhat breaks the taming system (tame animals are still aggressive)
« Last Edit: August 29, 2015, 09:43:50 AM by Dan »

notfood

• Colonist
  • Refugee
    • View Profile
« Reply #869 on: August 29, 2015, 02:24:15 PM »

Could you please consider removing insects from the mod? Aggressive flies and mosquitos do not make any sense with Rimworld's combat mechanics. Colonists should just run away, but they can't because they are being damaged (1 damage). This will also prevent them from fighting back. After they take 30 times 1 damage, treating will take forever and they will get infected. Shooting a mosquito with an assault rifle makes no sense either. And afterwards your colonists will freak out because each dead mosquito adds -150 beauty and there may easily be five of those. So I will need to bury mosquitos...

Just punch them, they die in one hit. They also provide meat, easiest meat source ever.
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 456