[1.0] [PROJECT] Hardcore SK project v7: Sunrise

Started by skyarkhangel, May 10, 2015, 11:40:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How you relate for the full removing automatic turrets?

Positive. It's realistic. Fight with killboxes continues.
Negative. Make a button to kill all enemies in one click.

RobBrown4PM

What am I able to produce with Chitin, so far I have yet to find a use for it.

hank4

Zakhad

Quote from: Zakhad on August 15, 2016, 04:30:25 PM
Getting a NullreferenceException pointing towards Hospitality anyone know?

Edit: I think a factionlord died and a new one is trying to be created but it's giving it an invalid item

It's cripping like the old pathfinding bug where it constantly trys to pathfind causing 1 fps of death.

Szara

Quote from: Zakhad on August 15, 2016, 02:54:41 PM
Quote from: skyarkhangel on August 15, 2016, 02:43:20 PM
Yep, currenty without Prepare Carefully, we have not worked full compatibility. Add this, as soon as possible.

Mechanisms, components, electronics components can be found in the ship chunks.

So far I've not had any problems running prepare carefully but then again I'm just starting with 5 naked people they have stats configured/traits chosen but that's it.

When trying to use Prepare Carefully, and just that on top of the standard load order, my game decides to take forever at Generating Map. Not sure if it just wants to take over half an hour to generate the map for some reason or what, but I've been giving up after about 20 minutes.
Yest' chelovék, yest' probléma. Net chelovéka, net problémy.
If there is a person, there is a problem. If there is no person, then there is no problem.

Zakhad

Quote from: Szara on August 15, 2016, 05:20:18 PM
Quote from: Zakhad on August 15, 2016, 02:54:41 PM
Quote from: skyarkhangel on August 15, 2016, 02:43:20 PM
Yep, currenty without Prepare Carefully, we have not worked full compatibility. Add this, as soon as possible.

Mechanisms, components, electronics components can be found in the ship chunks.

So far I've not had any problems running prepare carefully but then again I'm just starting with 5 naked people they have stats configured/traits chosen but that's it.

When trying to use Prepare Carefully, and just that on top of the standard load order, my game decides to take forever at Generating Map. Not sure if it just wants to take over half an hour to generate the map for some reason or what, but I've been giving up after about 20 minutes.

Generating maps do take a bit longer but not 20 minutes, mine takes about 2-4 minutes raid-0 no ssd

Bug report 1 - To any of the dev's sky etc glow stone lamps don't actually require glow stone in order to be assembled but when dissembled I get 10 glow stone :s

Bug report 2 - Growth of Fungus/Mushrooms have "INT" at the end so 5% growthInt

Bug report 3 - The Hand smelting furnace (which looks awesome btw) has a broken interaction spot depending on how you align/place it down on the map if for example from the south and interacting from the north its 2 spots away, rather than 1 from each other direction.

Bug report 4 The hand smelting furnace bill description of tin/copper as individual items are not alloys

Bug report 5 Research tech requirement for Glassworking II is wrong. At the moment its set to Technology instead of Glassworking I, as I can research either one. Also Animal Husbandry II description ???

Szara

Without Prepare Carefully there is no holdup at map generation, it just takes a minute. Though the starting gear for the lost tribe seems to be a little bit wrong, non-stuffed versions of the pila and shortbows which causes an error and gets them set to the default wood logs.

Did you do anything else to the loaded mods or mod order for Prepare Carefully, Zakhad?
If there is a person, there is a problem. If there is no person, then there is no problem.

Owlchemist

Surprised this hasn't been mentioned yet, but I started playing just now and upon looking around the map to begin planning, I noticed there was no mineral or oil deposits. That would be a bit of a game breaker, especially the oil part D:

I was using prepare carefully though, not sure if that messed with the map generator...

UPDATE: upon a bit of testing, it appears manually installing prepare carefully breaks the map generation in this regard. Back to waiting for me!

UPDATE 2: If you don't want to wait, you might be able to use prepare carefully to generate your colonists, then copy their XML from the save, then restart the game without Prepare Carefully, save it, and paste in the replacement colonists. Untested idea!

Zakhad

Quote from: Szara on August 15, 2016, 05:55:23 PM
Without Prepare Carefully there is no holdup at map generation, it just takes a minute. Though the starting gear for the lost tribe seems to be a little bit wrong, non-stuffed versions of the pila and shortbows which causes an error and gets them set to the default wood logs.

Did you do anything else to the loaded mods or mod order for Prepare Carefully, Zakhad?

No I Just used prepare carefully to make 5 characters exactly more or less how I like and start the map no items no nothing, its at the bottom of my load order if that helps. There could be problems with the items as your describing that might be why it wasn't released with this version.

Quote from: Owlchemist on August 15, 2016, 05:57:35 PM
Surprised this hasn't been mentioned yet, but I started playing just now and upon looking around the map to begin planning, I noticed there was no mineral or oil deposits. That would be a bit of a game breaker, especially the oil part D:

I was using prepare carefully though, not sure if that messed with the map generator...

UPDATE: upon a bit of testing, it appears manually installing prepare carefully breaks the map generation in this regard. Back to waiting for me!

UPDATE 2: If you don't want to wait, you might be able to use prepare carefully to generate your colonists, then copy their XML from the save, then restart the game without Prepare Carefully, save it, and paste in the replacement colonists. Untested idea!

I didn't even pay attention to that, yeah there's no oil or minerals, probably other things as well, oh well testing is testing I'm happy to play with w/e I can :)

Szara

The items were part of the standard scenario, not prepare carefully, two other weapons that are in that scenario are stuff'd as they should be, so it isn't a problem with Prepare Carefully. On that note I can't edit scenarios at all because of.. Strange bugs. Turning on edit mode starts spamming an error endlessly, making it impossible to do anything.

Anyway I'll give stripping down my colonists a go! ... And that fixed it I guess, just removing the two non-stuff'd weapons! AWesome. Oh I also updated EbD Prepare Carefully to 0.14.2.1, I had 0.14.1.1.

However I do seem to have the same problem Owlchemist has, with none of the minerals or oil, which might make things a teeeeeeensy bit difficult.

That is fixable though, all I have to do is save this, turn off prepare carefully, reload the same exact map with the same size and seed, memorize where all the deposits are, and place them with the debug tool! PERFECT! Well, workable, but what can you do?

Zakhad

Lol yeah I'm just messing around I'm not expecting a full playthrough. Like my post a few sections above I'm reporting bugs etc. Trying to help out where I can. Like when a factionLord dies there's a good chance combat realism will bugout / 1fps on death trying to spam create an invalid selection of items for him in my case it was a invalid backpack id.

Owlchemist

Quote from: Szara on August 15, 2016, 06:34:33 PM
The items were part of the standard scenario, not prepare carefully, two other weapons that are in that scenario are stuff'd as they should be, so it isn't a problem with Prepare Carefully. On that note I can't edit scenarios at all because of.. Strange bugs. Turning on edit mode starts spamming an error endlessly, making it impossible to do anything.

Anyway I'll give stripping down my colonists a go! ... And that fixed it I guess, just removing the two non-stuff'd weapons! AWesome. Oh I also updated EbD Prepare Carefully to 0.14.2.1, I had 0.14.1.1.

However I do seem to have the same problem Owlchemist has, with none of the minerals or oil, which might make things a teeeeeeensy bit difficult.

That is fixable though, all I have to do is save this, turn off prepare carefully, reload the same exact map with the same size and seed, memorize where all the deposits are, and place them with the debug tool! PERFECT! Well, workable, but what can you do?

I was thinking about that... but I have a feeling you might be missing other things as well. Like, for example, mineable ores in the mountains/hills. Probably not a game breaker since you can just use an extractor to get what you need, but, still not the same experience. Who knows what else.

BTW parapets seem to be buildable right from the start, whereas before they needed I think 2 tiers of security research first.

Zakhad

Anyone else having problems with hospitality with today's release of hardcore sk. I'm getting a path finding? spam bug with hospitality.

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

kaptain_kavern

@Skyarkh : I noticed that 4 mods are set to inactive in the ModsConfig.xml files provided. Is that on purpose ?

x3nit

I have a question, where is the best place to report bugs ?

Edit: I get another bug for raid not being able to spawn.

http://imgur.com/ypJeDnf