[1.0] [PROJECT] Hardcore SK project v7: Sunrise

Started by skyarkhangel, May 10, 2015, 11:40:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How you relate for the full removing automatic turrets?

Positive. It's realistic. Fight with killboxes continues.
Negative. Make a button to kill all enemies in one click.

Griffith

Anyone else finding V4.0 a lot harder then V3.0? Is it wrong to rush for being able to craft ammo first? What do you guys usually try and establish/get done first? Its nearly impossible to survive early if you get smashed by a heat-event

Rhyssia

Quote from: Griffith on August 29, 2016, 02:44:05 AM
Anyone else finding V4.0 a lot harder then V3.0? Is it wrong to rush for being able to craft ammo first? What do you guys usually try and establish/get done first? Its nearly impossible to survive early if you get smashed by a heat-event

I almost always give up and add 2 living frosts with prepare carefully.

Then it's generally Steam Generator>Batteries>Infrastructure 1>Infrastructure 2

occasionally toss in some other techs in between but usually have machining 1 done after Infrastructure 2, and then machineguns after that. (Security 2 being around batteries [Microelectronics])
Ask me about the Hardcore SK Modpack Discord Server!

Zakhad

Quote from: Griffith on August 29, 2016, 02:44:05 AM

One of the mods normalizes mountain temp so you'll always be around 0 which is fixed in alpha 15 which makes life so much easier when you don't start with equipment as its easier to start in a colder biome than a hotter one.

Generally speaking the first things I try to do is getting a base up and running which might sounds very strange but, generally due to the recent changes on the github there is a load more bad mood variations not just berserking/sad wander e.g. tantrums(damaging various and any constructions you own at random) & slit wrists/hide in room (attempt at suicide) sadism (killing your pets or any nearby creature) etc maintaining a good base out ways any early defenses I used to go for because you do more damage to your own pawns then enemy's will do due to you having to knock them out all the F^%$ing time, e.g. if you don't knock the person with cut wrists out it'll become infected and early game without meds or a bed is a death sentence especially if they decided to do it while starving, as they're not going to start healing even if its poor (I'd rather bandage a 2 damage wound than a 5 damage wound)

I aim to get a crafting table for some hunters (no longer is there a crafting spot to make arrows) by day 5 as you can't really rush getting arrows anymore, and before that you'd need to scavenge stone for a stone crafting table So you can get stone for your tables stone stools / butchers table (Leather for beds raw food for a few days until components are mined for either a wood cutting table so you can make kindling for campfire for early cooking or a grill if you have excess) so you get higher moods or less moody pawns in general which delays the whole arrow making process by several days and that's If you haven't had bad moods delaying it because keeping your pawns happy is the priority now.

Tip of the day: Equipping a log is better than using your first as it has a higher damage and therefor more chance to go through armor/damage reduction. So always have pawns with a wood log in their inventory. (I'm interested to know how many of you knew that :P)

zoranjoza

sidfu

Quote from: zoranjoza on August 29, 2016, 09:11:19 AM
How does compost bin works?

put stuff in nand wait till it decays into compost. when the meat/food is put in there its durablity will start to go down and when it hits 0 it turn into compost. pretty much just like real life. only bad thing is that it only takess raw foods cant throw in extra cooked food.

Vigilence

Still the old version?  Hopefully it get's some sort of compatibility update soon.  I don't expect it to be perfect but something is better then nothing.

:(

Dudok22

I just noticed weird bug.
My electricity powered crafting tables are suddenly using 100% of their power even when not in use. I was 1000w above my power usage, now I am suddenly at -3000w. That was not happening earlier in this game.

Jalordon

Quote from: Dudok22 on August 29, 2016, 04:39:26 PM
I just noticed weird bug.
My electricity powered crafting tables are suddenly using 100% of their power even when not in use. I was 1000w above my power usage, now I am suddenly at -3000w. That was not happening earlier in this game.

I was told that it is a bug with CCL. You can fix it for yourself by adding <tickerType>Normal</tickerType> to the XML files for production (in mods\core_sk\defs\Thingdefs_buildings\ , the files Buildings_Production and Buildings_Production_Hitech). I don't know if it costs a lot of processing power or not as I don't know what ticking forces, but it for sure got idle power to work.

On another note, for anyone who is using the latest version from the github repository (https://github.com/skyarkhangel/Hardcore-SK) instead of the older version on the first page, are you able to use oil drills or oil extractors? I get errors both in not being able to place the things outside of god mode and when actually placed the extractor gives divide by 0 errors every tick. I want to know if for some weird reason it is just my installation that's broke.

HotBrazilianGirlfriend

Quote from: Jalordon on August 29, 2016, 04:51:38 PM

I was told that it is a bug with CCL. You can fix it for yourself by adding <tickerType>Normal</tickerType> to the XML files for production (in mods\core_sk\defs\Thingdefs_buildings\ , the files Buildings_Production and Buildings_Production_Hitech). I don't know if it costs a lot of processing power or not as I don't know what ticking forces, but it for sure got idle power to work.

On another note, for anyone who is using the latest version from the github repository (https://github.com/skyarkhangel/Hardcore-SK) instead of the older version on the first page, are you able to use oil drills or oil extractors? I get errors both in not being able to place the things outside of god mode and when actually placed the extractor gives divide by 0 errors every tick. I want to know if for some weird reason it is just my installation that's broke.

I would love to test this, but oddly when I tried the Github version I can't start a new colony (Click button, nothing happens). Fresh reinstall too so I don't know what's causing it. You can help me solve this problen, I'll let you know about the oil. =D

Zakhad

Quote from: HotBrazilianGirlfriend on August 29, 2016, 06:06:18 PM
Quote from: Jalordon on August 29, 2016, 04:51:38 PM

I would love to test this, but oddly when I tried the Github version I can't start a new colony (Click button, nothing happens). Fresh reinstall too so I don't know what's causing it. You can help me solve this problen, I'll let you know about the oil. =D

What commit version on github as its updated daily I'm Playing on "^_^ commit c235b5d3b5a02f14a406437d43f50453e69b280a" and its running fine I haven't got up to oil yet so I couldn't say if it was working, you done config etc? verified new install ?

Jalordon

I'm downloading the mod pack through my fork of the repository on github so I'm not sure how to exactly check the commit its up to.

It says that my version is up to date with the commit: https://github.com/skyarkhangel/Hardcore-SK/commit/ed727e71336004e73d5d74c69cc22b2b09ef8d74 and I still experienced the issues when cleanly installing it (clearing mods folder, adding in A14e's vanilla core and then adding the mod pack).
I think the issue started in 0edf22c11b150197c1ffa6051f6fc587656f11e9 but I could be wrong.

Tested by doing dev mode's quick start option, doing the 'finish all research' debug action, find an oil deposit and try to place the drilling rig and get a 'Space already occupied.' in the top left notifications, same issue with the oil extractor after drilling is complete (have to use god mode because it seems to ignore the space restriction).

After actually making the extractor, the debug log spams with a ton of divide by 0 errors (System.DivideByZeroException), which peeking into the assembly.dll looks like there is a % 0 which causes it.

I made an issue report on the repo already but I don't know if it's been seen yet by the mod team.

edit:
Quote from: HotBrazilianGirlfriend on August 29, 2016, 06:06:18 PM

I can't really say much to try to get the modpack to work beyond try extracting rimworld A14e from its .zip, go to https://github.com/skyarkhangel/Hardcore-SK , push the green "Clone or download" button, click on 'Download ZIP', and use that as the mod pack, and continue from the front page instructions:
User guide for correct install.
1. Delete or transfer to another place all mods in Rimworld mods folder, except main "Core".
2. Go to:
For Windows users:
C:\Users\your user name\AppData\LocalLow\Ludeon Studios\RimWorld\Config
windows button + R -> the Run dialog will appear
type %APPDATA%\..\LocalLow -> this will open the appdata folder
For Linux users:
/home/your user name/.config/unity3d/Ludeon Studios/RimWorld/Config
For Mac users:
/Users/your user name/Library/Application Support/RimWorld/Config
Delete all the files that exist in that folder.
And copy new "ModsConfig.xml", which at the root of the archive modpack.
3. Copy other mods into Rimworld Mods directory.
4. Check mods in the game. Play!

No guarantee it will work.

firewire167

Im confused about the way this works, all the other packs (Hell effect, cataclysm, etc) can you use them with the core mods? or are they all stand alone?

Vigilence

Quote from: firewire167 on August 29, 2016, 09:49:25 PM
Im confused about the way this works, all the other packs (Hell effect, cataclysm, etc) can you use them with the core mods? or are they all stand alone?

Each new updated version is called a new name like version 2.2: Vengeance or 2.3: Solaris.

The reason they are named is because each revision of the mod has new features, additional mods added, comparability issues fixed, and bug fixes for previous mods.

The features of 1.0 are inside 2.0 Vengence, the features of 3.0 cataclysm are inside 4.0: Hell Effect A14e

Think of it like each new Mac OS release such as lion, mountain lion, snow leopard etc.  If you are a windows person then think of it as windows vista, windows 7 and then windows 7 and then windows 10

These version are only compatible with the respective game version they were created for such as alpha 11 or alpha 12.   At the moment, the latest and current version is called Hell Effect which is compatible with Alpha 14e.     

You only need the newest version of this mod (Hell Effect) if you want to play (it includes previous updates and features listed on the first page).  Unfortunately it only works for A14e and 15b is the newest version.  This mod is not compatible with the newest version 15b.

The download links in the first page is for Hell Effect.

firewire167

Ah I see, I was just confused because I downloaded Hell Effect and it has like none of the mods from earlier versions in it atleast that I can see

So when I download from the mega upload link I get all the mods that are listed under sk core, vengeance, etc? because right now when I download it, it looks like I only get about 30 mods, and when I try to use it they arent working

Patitodo

Quote from: firewire167 on August 29, 2016, 10:48:54 PM
Ah I see, I was just confused because I downloaded Hell Effect and it has like none of the mods from earlier versions in it atleast that I can see

So when I download from the mega upload link I get all the mods that are listed under sk core, vengeance, etc? because right now when I download it, it looks like I only get about 30 mods, and when I try to use it they arent working

No, because some mods are discontinued by its authors and other ones were retired for compatibility and other gameplay reasons.

I really miss Squad features, but...