[1.0] [PROJECT] Hardcore SK project v7: Sunrise

Started by skyarkhangel, May 10, 2015, 11:40:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How you relate for the full removing automatic turrets?

Positive. It's realistic. Fight with killboxes continues.
Negative. Make a button to kill all enemies in one click.

zzz1000

I suppose this because for gameplay reasons you can't have things you can shoot  through but cant move. But I suppose because of high move cost it can be used to keep colonist from shortcuts through lawn, so yea, it more like curb or decorative fence(like waist-high) rather than real barrier.

Azzarrel

wouldn't it be possible to make fences only accessable for colonists (like doors for example), so they can hop over them, while wildlife can not.

Kadrush

Quote from: Azzarrel on January 23, 2017, 11:21:13 AM
wouldn't it be possible to make fences only accessable for colonists (like doors for example), so they can hop over them, while wildlife can not.

I prefer palisades to isolate crops from wildlife, as it being able to jump over fences, it need some balance, but i am pretty sure that a rabbit can pass under one.

A question, how does the Asari lightning thing works? I cant figure that out, sometimes i got hit if i wound/kill one, sometimes dont.

zzz1000

make fences only accessable for colonists (like doors for example), so they can hop over them, while wildlife can not.
Better to make opposite than :D
From gameplay perspective and because wildlife more often  better in hoping than hoomans.
And make insectoids to be able to crawl over a walls if room have no roof/roof holes :)

Goo Poni

Quote from: Kadrush on January 23, 2017, 12:50:07 PM

I prefer palisades to isolate crops from wildlife, as it being able to jump over fences, it need some balance, but i am pretty sure that a rabbit can pass under one.

A question, how does the Asari lightning thing works? I cant figure that out, sometimes i got hit if i wound/kill one, sometimes dont.

Asari seem to retaliate automatically with it at random when struck. Zeon, the super duper mech, reuses the attack but far more liberally. This was the result of me clicking on Zeon /three times/ with the kill command.

As for fences, I'd recommend you guys going into the defs and changing them from PassThroughOnly to Impassable. So they actually work in doing their job to "keep those pesky critters away from your crops" as the agricultural research mistakenly implies. They're just parapets but crap otherwise, and parapets already make little sense.

Owlchemist

Fences aren't impassable, but they do have a very high path cost, so pawns are encouraged to walk around them.

As for me, my solution is growing my fields alongside of the dining hall's kitchen. My chef, armed with his kitchen knife (which provides a +30% cooking bonus), is quick to walk out the side door and give any small critters a good stabbing if they wander in, only to haul them back into the kitchen afterwards ;)

sidfu

the palasides are a good alteranative as they will alsol prevent grass seeds from getting into your planting area during fall when u stop planting so no more gardeners haveing to stop for 1 grass growth all time

silverskin

I'm getting a weird problem with the power switches. If I build one in a game then save and quit, I will never be able to load that game again. Ever. It will glitch out and won't load. There's no problem while the game is running, it's just that it'll never load back up if I quit.

Anyone else have this problem? Anyone built any working power switches and find they can still save, quit and reload that game?

sidfu

Quote from: silverskin on January 23, 2017, 02:45:33 PM
I'm getting a weird problem with the power switches. If I build one in a game then save and quit, I will never be able to load that game again. Ever. It will glitch out and won't load. There's no problem while the game is running, it's just that it'll never load back up if I quit.

Anyone else have this problem? Anyone built any working power switches and find they can still save, quit and reload that game?

open the save in a text editor and find the switch and comment it oout and then see if u can load that save. if u can then its the switch if its still unloadable might be the memory glitch base game is haveing.

silverskin

Quote from: sidfu on January 23, 2017, 02:55:13 PM
open the save in a text editor and find the switch and comment it oout and then see if u can load that save. if u can then its the switch if its still unloadable might be the memory glitch base game is haveing.
Good idea. I gave it a try and now it loads just fine. So the problem is, indeed, that switch. I certainly won't build any of those then.
Thanks, sidfu.

I thought I lost one of my other colonies when it wouldn't load and I had no alternate saves for it. Now I can recover that one, too. Definitely the power switch that broke the save.

zzz1000

What the issue with "window"? It do not work since "jewel" first release but still not fixed. Maybe to remove it than

adelexi

I have 2 saves about 10 minutes apart from each other. 1 works and 1 (and the ones after that) crash on loading assets at 90%.

What would be the best way of figuring out what i did/build in those 10 minutes so it doesnt happen again and i can report it?

Edit: It doesnt seem to give me a crash log in RimWorldWin_data, the crash is just Rimworld.exe has stopped working.

Edit2: I started up the one that worked. mined some limestone deposits and build some walls then saved. restarted game after that and the same problem with crashing at assets 90%. Im at a loss now what causes it.

sidfu

Quote from: adelexi on January 23, 2017, 04:15:32 PM
I have 2 saves about 10 minutes apart from each other. 1 works and 1 (and the ones after that) crash on loading assets at 90%.

What would be the best way of figuring out what i did/build in those 10 minutes so it doesnt happen again and i can report it?

Edit: It doesnt seem to give me a crash log in RimWorldWin_data, the crash is just Rimworld.exe has stopped working.

Edit2: I started up the one that worked. mined some limestone deposits and build some walls then saved. restarted game after that and the same problem with crashing at assets 90%. Im at a loss now what causes it.

might be out of memory crash. run game in window and see what ram is as u load them.

Azzarrel

Quote from: sidfu on January 23, 2017, 05:41:04 PM
Quote from: adelexi on January 23, 2017, 04:15:32 PM

might be out of memory crash. run game in window and see what ram is as u load them.
if it was due to out of memory, he should get a proper error/crash report.
Had the same problem when updating to the newest version (I made a clean install). Neihter my old nor my new savegame would load once saved.
Reinstalling the whole game and then starting a new colonly finally fixed the problem for me :/

Rhyssia

Ask me about the Hardcore SK Modpack Discord Server!