[1.0] [PROJECT] Hardcore SK project v7: Sunrise

Started by skyarkhangel, May 10, 2015, 11:40:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How you relate for the full removing automatic turrets?

Positive. It's realistic. Fight with killboxes continues.
Negative. Make a button to kill all enemies in one click.

Pirate

One thing that really bugs me is how messed up the market values are.

Starting with components, they take 2.5 alloys to make. Steel is priced at $2.00, so the ingredients for one component are worth $5.00, yet it's value is set to $50.00. That's a whopping 900% increase in value.

Out of components and some alloy you can make mechanisms, there you go from $112 cost in ingredients to a value of $200 for the Mechanism. Again a significant gain.

But then if you continue on to make a finished product it looks very different.

Starting with weapon parts: 1 is valued at only $100, yet to make one you need 6 components ($300), 2 Mechanism ($200) and 10 alloy ($20 for steel), that's $520 in total. So you lose over 80% of the value on this.

And this only continues if you make weapon components and finished weapons, the ingredients seem to be over 10 if not 50 times more valuable then any finished weapon.

silverskin

Some madman nuked my colony. Luckily, everyone was inside the mountain base when it happened, with the blast doors closed nice and quickly. Now they're buried under nuclear fallout for a really long time.

But it's a fair bit more boring than the games and movies make it out to be. I haven't had a single event happen since. Was it supposed to be the death of my colony? Or will new events only start up once the fallout clears? It's been going on for 3 seasons, so far.

Owlchemist

Quote from: Pirate on February 16, 2017, 04:47:08 PM
One thing that really bugs me is how messed up the market values are.

Starting with components, they take 2.5 alloys to make. Steel is priced at $2.00, so the ingredients for one component are worth $5.00, yet it's value is set to $50.00. That's a whopping 900% increase in value.

Out of components and some alloy you can make mechanisms, there you go from $112 cost in ingredients to a value of $200 for the Mechanism. Again a significant gain.

But then if you continue on to make a finished product it looks very different.

Starting with weapon parts: 1 is valued at only $100, yet to make one you need 6 components ($300), 2 Mechanism ($200) and 10 alloy ($20 for steel), that's $520 in total. So you lose over 80% of the value on this.

And this only continues if you make weapon components and finished weapons, the ingredients seem to be over 10 if not 50 times more valuable then any finished weapon.

Thanks. Run-away profits with components had been brought up before but got swept away by lots of other problems going on at the time. Next patch will hopefully have some rebalanced sell modifiers. However not every resources is profitable to manufacture and sell because they may be based on parts that are artificially high in cost for gameplay reasons (like for example the sell price of seeds vs the cost of buying).

Yck

I have two questions.

1) How to make pemmican? I've already researched the necessary technology, but I don't know which crafting station I should use. I've tried electrical stove, professional stove, butcher table, oven and the simple grill, but none of them display the pemmican recipe.

2) Googling on how to make Pemmican, I've stumbled upon posts saying that Hardcore SK comes with a Help tab, that is, a tab one can use to look for info on any item, including the corresponding crafting station. I've also found someone, on this very thread but more than a hundred pages ago, talking about said Help tab and posting a screenshot of it. Link to the mentioned post: https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=12996.msg251016#msg251016

But the thing is: I don't have a Help tab in my game! Is it a bug? Have I made some sort of mistake during installation? Or has it been removed in the last versions of the mod?

Thank you guys for the help.

EDIT: The mentioned post and print aren't exactly in this thread, but on Hardcore SK Alpha 14e's thread. Still, it's the same mod, so my question stands.

silverskin

Quote from: Yck on February 16, 2017, 07:59:00 PM
How to make pemmican?
I've only ever been able to make pemmican at a campfire. The actual campfire building.

FreyaMaluk

I have two questions.

2) Googling on how to make Pemmican, I've stumbled upon posts saying that Hardcore SK comes with a Help tab, that is, a tab one can use to look for info on any item, including the corresponding crafting station. I've also found someone, on this very thread but more than a hundred pages ago, talking about said Help tab and posting a screenshot of it. Link to the mentioned post: https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=12996.msg251016#msg251016

But the thing is: I don't have a Help tab in my game! Is it a bug? Have I made some sort of mistake during installation? Or has it been removed in the last versions of the mod?

EDIT: The mentioned post and print aren't exactly in this thread, but on Hardcore SK Alpha 14e's thread. Still, it's the same mod, so my question stands.

the "help tab" is actually called colony manager.. look for the manager tab

Owlchemist

I have two questions.

1) How to make pemmican? I've already researched the necessary technology, but I don't know which crafting station I should use. I've tried electrical stove, professional stove, butcher table, oven and the simple grill, but none of them display the pemmican recipe.

<recipeUsers>
<li>TableGrill</li>
<li>ElectricStove</li>
<li>FueledStove</li>
<li>ElectricStove_Pro</li>
</recipeUsers>

You should be able to make it on the grill and all the stoves as long as you have it researched. You may need to update your install of HCSK.

code99xx

Ok this is really frustrating. Is there a way to teleport pawns, make them invulnerable or do something about the crashlanded scenario?

Ive tried 10 times now to save my survivors from the big ship wreck that just crashes on top of them and I failed every single time.

And yes, i know i can change the scenario but i dont want to for RP reasons ...

Yck

Quote from: FreyaMaluk on February 16, 2017, 10:38:47 PM

I believe not. To me, they seem like different tabs for different purposes. One for colony management, and another for information, like an in-game wiki.

Quote from: Owlchemist on February 17, 2017, 12:10:31 AM
You should be able to make it on the grill and all the stoves as long as you have it researched. You may need to update your install of HCSK.

Hmm, there's something wrong with my modpack then, as I've only been able to find the pemmican recipe in the campfire. The stoves simply have no pemmican recipe.

I updated the modpack mid-January, if there's already another available version, unfortunately I'm not going to update anytime soon, as I have this save game I've dedicated a lot of time to. Either way, thanks for the reply.

By the way, do you know anything about the Help tab?

Schio

Is it possible to add the Leadership mod to this modpack or would there be errors?

GoblinPunch

I enjoy using this mod. Though been wondering, are there suppose to be one set of factions? Like the fist icon are all the same color and faction, the witcher symbols, the weird stars, etc.

Edit: The houses symbol-- two factions.

http://i.imgur.com/lWQVLlO.png

Owlchemist

Quote from: Yck on February 17, 2017, 01:55:52 AM
I updated the modpack mid-January...

lol, well no wonder. Yeah the modpack is updated daily, often multiple times a day. There's been a great deal of fixes and polish and balance since then.

As for the help button, it's no longer supported in A16, sorry.

caiowb

Anyone know how to improve the hadron collider efficiency? messing with temperatures didn't help at all;

BlackSmokeDMax

Quote from: FreyaMaluk on February 16, 2017, 10:38:47 PM
I have two questions.

The Help tab was part of CCL. It implemented an in game wiki that was searchable and hyperlinked. It made playing HCSK quite a bit easier when new to the game as you could look up directly what benches you need, what certain recipes needed, etc. Bascially all the stuff that would help you plan ahead.

Caldar

Is there now an other way to check the stats for apparel? In the craftingwindow the "i" only shows the armor, isulations etc. but not the additional stats like "Global working speed" and co.