[1.0] [PROJECT] Hardcore SK project v7: Sunrise

Started by skyarkhangel, May 10, 2015, 11:40:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How you relate for the full removing automatic turrets?

Positive. It's realistic. Fight with killboxes continues.
Negative. Make a button to kill all enemies in one click.

sidfu

ill think about adding that after i balance it.  on ice sheet it would be perfect but on other maps it has potental to allow making of to much fertlizer.

Inostrancevia

Can someone pls help me remove from the game forced need to run for cover in combat? its great feature but only when you are fighting with ranged weapons becouse when you want your melee fighter to charge this 2 guys with poor pistols he is runing in circles like a retard and just taking like 200 bullets when he finaly dies.

lordmidas

Quote from: sidfu on August 28, 2017, 02:56:31 PM
ill think about adding that after i balance it.  on ice sheet it would be perfect but on other maps it has potental to allow making of to much fertlizer.

Thanks sidfu.

lordmidas

Quote from: Inostrancevia on August 29, 2017, 09:53:12 AM
Can someone pls help me remove from the game forced need to run for cover in combat? its great feature but only when you are fighting with ranged weapons becouse when you want your melee fighter to charge this 2 guys with poor pistols he is runing in circles like a retard and just taking like 200 bullets when he finaly dies.
Are you talking about suppression? If yes, then basically that's the point of suppression. You can't charge through suppressing bullet fire, you will get shredded to pieces.

The only case where you won't get suppressed is if you are wearing armor which completely blocks those bullets AND if you have high enough physical strength to keep going against the force of bullet impacts. So I suppose a good thing to do would be to relate suppression to armor and bullet type as well as physical strength of the pawn. Maybe it is already like that - I do not know. But it will be good if it works like that.

Slipshodian

Quote from: lordmidas on August 29, 2017, 12:33:31 PM
Quote from: Inostrancevia on August 29, 2017, 09:53:12 AM
Are you talking about suppression? If yes, then basically that's the point of suppression. You can't charge through suppressing bullet fire, you will get shredded to pieces.

The only case where you won't get suppressed is if you are wearing armor which completely blocks those bullets AND if you have high enough physical strength to keep going against the force of bullet impacts. So I suppose a good thing to do would be to relate suppression to armor and bullet type as well as physical strength of the pawn. Maybe it is already like that - I do not know. But it will be good if it works like that.

he should set up the terrain for melee ambushes, since even a small 3 piece wall can perfectly conceal your melee person until the enemy is right on top of them.

UneTarte

Hi there.

I encoutered a very anoying bug : when I entering the asign loadout, there nothing but a blank sheet. I can't search or edit loadout since there is nothing but the icons and top buttons.
Velve a few post ahead talked about hat as well, but there was no answers.
Is there anybody out there who know a solution for this problem ?
Thanks.

BlackSmokeDMax

Quote from: sidfu on August 19, 2017, 07:27:45 PM
mandatory mods are
1.hugslib
2.alien framework
3.combat enhanced
4. core
5. core sk

think that's all. if u having 30min load times enable your debug u might have installed wrong and are having repeating errors that's slowing the load

Sidfu: is that the proper order for those? Or should it be:
1. Core
2. Hugslib
3. Alien framework
4. Combat Extended
5. CoreSK

Or something else entirely? I'm gonna give this a try right now.

NVM, they are all at the top in order already :) Changed my list to show correct order. (I had 4 and 5 switched in my original guess)

UneTarte

Hello there
I encountered a new bug : it seems that my pawns don't earn any xp, from nothing...
It's weird because in my other games I didn't had this problem, or so I think.
Any ideas on that, and for the problem with the asign going blank ?
Thanks.

BlackSmokeDMax

Question about Jerky/Salted Meat.

Is it on purpose that the jerky goes bad before salted meat. Seems kind of strange that you are taking salted meat which lasts ~ year, making that into jerky which is then only good for ~ 1/2 year. Was there some reasoning/balance for that. Seems like there is no point to jerky, salted meat is just better? Could be I missed something here.

Flavorful

I want to download this mod but for the life of me, I cannot find "ColonistBar_KF.xml and ColonistBar_PSIKF.xml" files to put in ... .config/unity3d/Ludeon Studios/RimWorld/Config. I didn't have any trouble finding the Config file.

I am looking at the installation instructions from Github:

"Installation:

Go to the folder you installed the game in. (gamefolder)
    Delete all mods inside your Rimworld\Mods\ folder except "Core".

Open up the downloaded Hardcore sk project .zip file. Extract everything in the Hardcore-SK-master\Mods\ folder into your Rimworlds\Mods\ folder, and overwrite any files if prompted.

Go to:
    For Windows users: C:\Users\your user name\AppData\LocalLow\Ludeon Studios\RimWorld by Ludeon Studios\Config windows button + R -> the Run dialog will appear type %APPDATA%..\LocalLow -> this will open the appdata folder For Linux users: /home/your user name/.config/unity3d/Ludeon Studios/RimWorld/Config For Mac users: /Users/your user name/Library/Application Support/RimWorld/Config Delete all the files that exist in that folder. And copy "ColonistBar_KF.xml, ColonistBar_PSIKF.xml, and ModsConfig.xml", which at the root of the archive modpack.

Check mods in the game. Switch Language if needed. Play!"

eskoONE

Quote from: Flavorful on August 31, 2017, 05:02:55 PM
I want to download this mod but for the life of me, I cannot find "ColonistBar_KF.xml and ColonistBar_PSIKF.xml" files to put in ... .config/unity3d/Ludeon Studios/RimWorld/Config. I didn't have any trouble finding the Config file.

I am looking at the installation instructions from Github:

"Installation:

Go to the folder you installed the game in. (gamefolder)
    Delete all mods inside your Rimworld\Mods\ folder except "Core".

Open up the downloaded Hardcore sk project .zip file. Extract everything in the Hardcore-SK-master\Mods\ folder into your Rimworlds\Mods\ folder, and overwrite any files if prompted.

Go to:
    For Windows users: C:\Users\your user name\AppData\LocalLow\Ludeon Studios\RimWorld by Ludeon Studios\Config windows button + R -> the Run dialog will appear type %APPDATA%..\LocalLow -> this will open the appdata folder For Linux users: /home/your user name/.config/unity3d/Ludeon Studios/RimWorld/Config For Mac users: /Users/your user name/Library/Application Support/RimWorld/Config Delete all the files that exist in that folder. And copy "ColonistBar_KF.xml, ColonistBar_PSIKF.xml, and ModsConfig.xml", which at the root of the archive modpack.

Check mods in the game. Switch Language if needed. Play!"

easiest solution i have for you is that they do have an updater on their github which does install and update the mod for you. maybe you want to try that out.

BlackSmokeDMax

Ignore those instructions. It was an optional mod, that I believe is no longer included.

Flavorful

sidfu

reason jerky goes bad sooner is for balance is all.

silverskin

What would you have to do to remove all industrial factions from the game so you can just run it tribal?

I'm talking disable regular raiders, asari, nova, outlanders, and disabling all mechanoid raids.
I know we can already disable a lot of events with the scenario editor. But I want to get rid off all those troublesome factions with their guns so I can just be invaded by sword- and bow-wielding tribals and have good ol' fashioned medieval bloodshed.

This modpack has great potential for building a low-tech colony. It's just that actual low-tech colonies have no survivability.