[A17] Skullywags Weapon Packs - Laser and Gauss updated!

Started by skullywag, June 24, 2015, 03:22:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sarelth

You're doing an awesome job Skully. Can't wait to see what you work on next.

ApenasLink

Love this mod, hope it come for A14 soon. You have done a fine work man, congrats.

Deimos Rast

I know you're occupied with your other mods at the moment, but is there a reason the stun gun is not so less than lethal? 3D Grunge's Electroshock mod has the same issue, where about half the shots kill a muffalo straight out in one shot. Bean bag shotgun works fine, stun grenades work fine. Things that stun an enemy work peachy...things that down an enemy...less so.
I don't know how damage is calculated in this game (is it a product of projectile damage and speed?), but I suppose I could try dropping down DamageAmountBase a bit, or Speed, but I'm skeptical of that being the root cause. Is it possible to bump up the setMax on Consciousness to above 0.2 and still have them drop (what's the cutoff for unconscious?)? I know 3DG uses 0.1 - my thinking was that's too close to zero or something.
I really have no idea, just thinking outloud.
Cheers.
(p.s. I know it's not technically updated to A14, but I poked at it and it seems to work)
#StopPluginAbuse

123nick

Quote from: Deimos Rast on August 25, 2016, 01:50:54 AM
I know you're occupied with your other mods at the moment, but is there a reason the stun gun is not so less than lethal? 3D Grunge's Electroshock mod has the same issue, where about half the shots kill a muffalo straight out in one shot. Bean bag shotgun works fine, stun grenades work fine. Things that stun an enemy work peachy...things that down an enemy...less so.
I don't know how damage is calculated in this game (is it a product of projectile damage and speed?), but I suppose I could try dropping down DamageAmountBase a bit, or Speed, but I'm skeptical of that being the root cause. Is it possible to bump up the setMax on Consciousness to above 0.2 and still have them drop (what's the cutoff for unconscious?)? I know 3DG uses 0.1 - my thinking was that's too close to zero or something.
I really have no idea, just thinking outloud.
Cheers.
(p.s. I know it's not technically updated to A14, but I poked at it and it seems to work)

really? you sorta made it worked? or does it work out of the box? if you fixed it, then i wouldnt mind if you put it up for download :)

popster99

somebody plays Xenonauts judging by the look of the weapons I mean I noticed that back when this was first released but couldn't be bothered to say it

Deimos Rast

Quote from: 123nick on August 25, 2016, 03:47:49 AM
really? you sorta made it worked? or does it work out of the box? if you fixed it, then i wouldnt mind if you put it up for download :)
Alright, I just finished testing it on a clean install (and caught a new error as a result) and boxed it up.
This should be considered a temporary stand in until skullywag has the time to revisit it. Obviously, at which time there will be no need for this and I'll kill the download (or sooner if asked, naturally).
I say this should be considered a temporary stand in because I did something some might consider controversial: I converted the stun grenades to use stock stun mechanics and excised the custom assemblies entirely (my assumption was they would have needed to be updated and I lack the technical know-how to do so, so out came the knife).
The assemblies only governed the behavior of the stun grenades, and since there is already a stun explosion mechanic in the stock game, I just....moved things over to using that instead. The grenades work exactly like you'd think, stunning everything in the blast radius, but obviously any custom mechanics from the assemblies have been lost. To be clear: it wasn't my intention to release this initially, but after testing it, it works flawlessly, doesn't throw any errors, and you asked nicely  :D.

Note: I'm rather new to this game and community, so if I misstepped in this rehost, let me know. Rereading the license... and it looks like I can't redistribute the textures from the mod. That changes things.

Changes:
- Converted Stun Grenades to stock stun mechanics.
- Removed Assemblies and Source folders (as no longer needed).
- Techlevel changed from Midworld to Industrial (Midworld no longer exists apparently).
- Components (with an S) cost changed to Component. This one threw me.
- Updated About and folder names to reflect that this is the "Stock Version" and that the changes were made by Deimos Rast. It's not so that I can steal credit - it's so people know who to blame if things go pear shaped ;D. Author is still listed as skullywag.

Issues:
- Stun Gun will still occasionally straight-out kill a target. I've tried a number of non-lethal mods, and they all do this.
- Bean Bag Shotgun is still op op (allows for infinite stunlock).

Download:
Note: Textures are not included as per the license requirements. Grab them from the OP and add them in - won't work without them.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/3v9zxittnkd8neb/LessLethals_Stock_NOTEX.zip?dl=0
#StopPluginAbuse

Topper

If you are looking for stun weapons "'3DG's Electroshock Pack" by EgnurgD3 has a stun gun and a stun baton. I'm really hoping the other guns in this collect get updated...lasers and plasma are more colorful than bullets.

Topper

Deimos Rast

Quote from: Topper on September 09, 2016, 02:13:38 AM
Is there an A15 of this?
I'm hosting an A15 version of the LessLethal mod (see two posts up). As per the license though, I can't redistribute the textures, so you have to download the old version, and copy over the Texture folder.

As for the other mods: no. Each weapons pack is themed around a secondary weapon effect that has a chance to "proc" on hitting an enemy, such as stuns, flames, and the like. This is the work of the custom assemblies (dll's) of each mod, and it's beyond my know how. Converting them over to stock means wouldn't work as well in those cases - you would likely either get no chance for the secondary special effects, or 100% chance for secondary effects.
At least, that's my understanding (and how I would go about things).
#StopPluginAbuse

mew_the_pinkmin

Quote from: Deimos Rast on August 26, 2016, 05:40:42 PM
Issues:
- Stun Gun will still occasionally straight-out kill a target. I've tried a number of non-lethal mods, and they all do this.
- Bean Bag Shotgun is still op op (allows for infinite stunlock

The game straight up randomly kills downed pawns(not colonists) cuz other wize people would almost always get downed instead of dead. There is no known way around this.
NoBadOrganThoughts        BigBatteries        PlantSaver

mazacik

Quote from: mew_the_pinkmin on September 19, 2016, 07:35:12 PM
The game straight up randomly kills downed pawns(not colonists) cuz other wize people would almost always get downed instead of dead. There is no known way around this.

Are you serious? Wow. Since I've started playing rimworld, I've always wondered why do people die so fast and for no apparent reason. No body parts destroyed and only trivial blood loss, doesn't matter, still died. Please please please, can someone make a mod that turns this stupid function off? I want people downed before dead unless a vital organ gets destroyed. Please.

mazacik

This is just ridiculous. I can't even think of how many times I got frustrated about why the perfect-stat raider died for absolutely no reason. Any idea where the "coinflip" part of code is? If I have to, I'll learn dll modding just to fix this.

kaptain_kavern

Quote from: mazacik on October 27, 2016, 08:08:23 PM
If I have to, I'll learn dll modding just to fix this.

Something like this I'm afraid ;-)

I only know XML modding and never saw a tag/code for that in the XML files. So I can't be of any more help

skullywag

Meep Meep, Updates by Xen for 2 of the packs, ive removed the others they are so old, if anyone wants to have a crack at the others i welcome pull requests.

Everything as always is here:

https://github.com/Skullywag?tab=repositories

go nuts.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?