[1.0][MODLIST] Fluffy's Mods - New mini-mod: Power Cleaner [BETA]

Started by Fluffy (l2032), September 14, 2015, 06:16:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Canute

QuoteThen I release a preview version, and let you guys find the rest of the bugs
US ??
Damn and i though the steam people are the unpaided alpha/beta tester ! :-)

Fluffy (l2032)

Oh they are, and they don't even get a choice in the matter ;).

But with the really new builds, huge features or new alphas, it goes to the forums first.

DariusWolfe

Quote from: Fluffy (l2032) on May 13, 2017, 02:43:38 AM
Oh they are, and they don't even get a choice in the matter ;).

But with the really new builds, huge features or new alphas, it goes to the forums first.

You.. realize the whole game is still in Alpha? So we're all Alpha testers, and not only are we unpaid, but we actually paid for the privilege.

AngleWyrm

A suggestion for the Medical Tab mod:

Add an icon/indicator column that shows if a colonist is infected, and maybe some indication of the current status of the illness vs immunity race.
My 5-point rating system: Yay, Kay, Meh, Erm, Bleh

Fluffy (l2032)

@Canute, Darius; yeah, I realize that. It's fairly hard to miss, given how much the modding API changes with each alpha ;).

Update;
I'm currently working on rewriting the Medical Tab from scratch, will have to do the same for the Work Tab later, and I'm thinking about making the Animal Tab more of a plug-in to the vanilla tab, as it now does much of what the animal tab used to do.

Long story short, if you have any suggestions/requests for the Medical, Animal and Work tabs - now is the time to bring them up!

@AngleWyrm; Yeah, that's been on my wishlist for a while and is implemented for the A17 version. So are bleeding and pain indicators, and a column for self-tend checkboxes. I've also got a medical care column that allows setting medical care individually, for all pawns, and changing the defaults.

Fluffy (l2032)

I'm still thinking about what to do with Colony Manager, as there have been some major changes to the bills part of it - and it's long overdue for a serious refactor/rewrite. I may release an early version without the production (bills) tab, and then work on a proper refactor for a later release.

faltonico

Quote from: Fluffy (l2032) on May 17, 2017, 06:39:54 AM
Long story short, if you have any suggestions/requests for the Medical, Animal and Work tabs - now is the time to bring them up!
Include an enemies tab in the medical tab, i would like to see their bleeding rate after a raid, that way we can do a more effective triage. It would also be possible to see if they are still lurking around on the map.

DariusWolfe

Bloody hell...

I read your comment referencing me, and it didn't make sense, so I re-read my comment, and I realized I quoted the wrong person.
Quote from: Canute on May 13, 2017, 01:16:53 AM
US ??
Damn and i though the steam people are the unpaided alpha/beta tester ! :-)

This is what my previous comment was supposed to be in response to.

DariusWolfe

For Animal tab, I'd be mostly okay if you just used your icon/layout, and reintroduced animal naming. The Vanilla A17 animal tab is confusing as hell to me, esp. in terms of training.

For work tab, I'd really appreciate if you used discrete color categories based on the basic work option for the "Dwarven Therapist" mode; The rainbow spectrum is pretty, but it makes it harder to scan for specific work classes. I remember an issue that made me stop using the saved profiles; I think it was an inability to update or delete profiles, but I'm not sure if you fixed that since the last time I tried it.

It seems like you've got medical tab squared away already, so I don't think I have any real suggestions.

Really enjoy your mods, and definitely looking forward to seeing them in A17.

khearn

Quote from: Fluffy (l2032) on May 17, 2017, 06:42:00 AM
I'm still thinking about what to do with Colony Manager, as there have been some major changes to the bills part of it - and it's long overdue for a serious refactor/rewrite. I may release an early version without the production (bills) tab, and then work on a proper refactor for a later release.

I'd be very happy with an early release without the bills tab. That's the one I use the least, because I can do the bascis of it from the benches themselves. It's the auto-designating of taming, hunting, logging and harveting wilfd plants that I really miss the most.

Thanks for all the work you've put into all of your mods. They are really useful.

Love

I'd like to see Colony Manager make a return without the Manager skill, personally.

Canute

I never notice a difference at a skilled and unskilled colony manager anyway.
And once you got an AI manager the skill becomes pointless anyway.
Maybe use the social skill instead.

AngleWyrm

Quote from: khearn on May 17, 2017, 11:53:56 AM
Quote from: Fluffy (l2032) on May 17, 2017, 06:42:00 AM
I may release an early version without the production (bills) tab, and then work on a proper refactor for a later release.

I'd be very happy with an early release without the bills tab. That's the one I use the least, because I can do the basics of it from the benches themselves. It's the auto-designating of taming, hunting, logging and harveting wilfd plants that I really miss the most.

Same here; I get the most use out of it through automated hunting, taming & butchering, logging and gathering crops.

There's a couple mods out there that give hysteresis controls to the benches, so they can be told to make x amount then pause until stock is down to y amount before reactivating that task.
My 5-point rating system: Yay, Kay, Meh, Erm, Bleh

FrozenSnowFox

My interest in Colony Manager is also primarily for automating animal husbandry, forestry and hunting. The bills tab is a nice feature but the same can be achieved through normal workbenches except for the make until you have X amount of Y quality.  Also instead of using the management skill I think you would be better off to switch it to the now renamed Intellectual skill.  The management skill becomes worthless once you have the AI manager anyway.  It might also solve the requirement of needing a new game?

Canute

Yep, the use of the colony manager for production isn't that good.
The manager just looked at the stockpile and setup bills for missing parts even when there are bills up from the last managing.
At this way the workbenches was full of bills when there arn't enough pawns ready to fullfill these work.
For one time craftings + nessesary resources the manager doing a good job.

But the best use of the colony manager is for hunting,taming ,choping,harvesting and other none crafting repeating jobs.