[A14] Community Core Library v0.14.3.1

Started by RWCCLTeam, October 20, 2015, 12:08:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GanjaBoss

Quote from: 1000101 on November 17, 2016, 11:02:44 PM
Quote from: kaptain_kavern2/ CCL is 99% done (my guestimation)

CCL is 100% done, it's just squashing bugs which is limited by time.
Can we then see a unstable-branch?
Something like version, available only on github to experienced users, so we dont have to wait for stable realease? (or even could fix bug themselves in-game, so we can push it to main)?

skullywag

Quote from: GanjaBoss on November 19, 2016, 06:00:13 AM

Something like version, available only on github to experienced users, so we dont have to wait for stable realease? (or even could fix bug themselves in-game, so we can push it to main)?

It is on github. Its always been on github, if you can compile it you can use it. Its always been this way....
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Quote from: skullywag on November 19, 2016, 07:02:14 AM

It is on github. Its always been on github, if you can compile it you can use it. Its always been this way....

Normally we'd please ask you to make all pull requests (PR) against the development branch.  While we are working on the current update, please make any PR against the alpha (alpha15) branch.

Note that I haven't done a merge in a while so I have a bit of code to push.  I could do one but I don't like pushing broken code.
(2*b)||!(2*b) - That is the question.
There are 10 kinds of people in this world - those that understand binary and those that don't.

Powered By

GanjaBoss

Quote from: skullywag on November 19, 2016, 07:02:14 AM

im not exactly (not at all) familiar with git, so i thought it should looked like two different branches - one named "stable" and one "unstable"
So, yeah, if you was doing that already that it is my fault that i didnt noticed it, sorry

We have a "stable" and "unstable" branch, we just call them "master" and "development".   We have a temporary third branch when we do alpha updates which we merge into the unstable/development branch once the update is complete.

Our basic structure is:

main <- development [<- alpha]
(2*b)||!(2*b) - That is the question.
There are 10 kinds of people in this world - those that understand binary and those that don't.

Powered By

erathia

Just went to the CCL workshop to make my own impression of the shitshow...
"Well it's fairly calm around here... Let me lurk around some pages...!
Holy sheeet nuke it! nuke it before it lays eggs!"

We need to make our own mod delivery system and extract rimworld of this so called workshop,
who is more of a cancer than anything else, maybe Nexus, they've been wondeful fellows since my modding addiction started with morrowind, a looong time ago, they always delivered.

Gmod lost me when it went for workshop only and closed gmod.org...
The workshop itself is not to blame, even if it's a real pain in the rear to find something in this system. But steam as experienced as they might be, should never trust user input, especially if it's about mod and ownership of them, a mod can be reuploaded indefinitely without concern for the real maker of the mod. This kill the modding essence, well at least it did on gmod.
Let's hope for the love of god that rimworld is safe with these forums..

PS: i miss my spacebuild.  :'(

GanjaBoss

Quote from: erathia on November 21, 2016, 06:03:30 AM
Just went to the CCL workshop to make my own impression of the shitshow...
"Well it's fairly calm around here... Let me lurk around some pages...!
Holy sheeet nuke it! nuke it before it lays eggs!"

We need to make our own mod delivery system and extract rimworld of this so called workshop,
who is more of a cancer than anything else, maybe Nexus, they've been wondeful fellows since my modding addiction started with morrowind, a looong time ago, they always delivered.

Gmod lost me when it went for workshop only and closed gmod.org...
The workshop itself is not to blame, even if it's a real pain in the rear to find something in this system. But steam as experienced as they might be, should never trust user input, especially if it's about mod and ownership of them, a mod can be reuploaded indefinitely without concern for the real maker of the mod. This kill the modding essence, well at least it did on gmod.
Let's hope for the love of god that rimworld is safe with these forums..

PS: i miss my spacebuild.  :'(

I think steam rules explictly states that no one can upload someone else work without their permission. In any case just contacting the mod uploader asking him to delete mod could be enough (ask skullywag  :) )

Daguest

It's easy to be an entitled a***hole on steam workshop. But you can't change human nature by moving to another site. Nexus is moderated, so you don't see it (usually), but some modders are/were harassed by a few, through PM mostly. Sometimes to the extreme (twitter, personal mail, and even phone number/RL address).

I just hope modders realize that for every entitled jerk there are several people who are not flooding their mod page with posts everyday, who wait patiently, you know, like normal people.
I've been waiting since A15 was released, because the game is not the same without Skullywag's expanded storage, but I perfectly know I can't help, so I just wait.

So yeah, good luck and thanks for the mods :)

Facepunch

99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs
take one down, patch it around
117 little bugs in the code

kaptain_kavern

Quote from: Facepunch on November 21, 2016, 11:08:44 PM
99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs
take one down, patch it around
117 little bugs in the code

erathia

Bugs are in a kind of quantum state, unless you examinate them, you cant see exactly where they are, or even if they are entangled with others, and when you mesure them, you may or may not reveal other entangled to them!

See? It's so easy to make pseudo quantum-science from nothing, quantum medecine and other bullshit have a good future. Damnit

Ewww off topic we go... "Retournons a nos moutons"
Can we extrapolates of any improvements to the future a16 and any new feature that "we" could include to a future CCL, like a way to log into a private server for the MP interaction between colonies,

(we would have to retro-engeneer the serverside, which would be a good challenge, and i could help with that, did some work on the EVEmu challenge back in the day, it was a serverside emulator for the Eve Online game, it was never fully finished but it was a great hacking challenge)

Any suggestions?

skullywag

Myself and 1000101 are Testers for Rimworld so when an internal test build is available we will have 1st access to it. So any new things that are added 1000101 will make a call on if he sees any useful improvements for it in CCL. Usually making a somewhat locked down piece of functionality slightly less locked.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Devon_v

Quote from: GanjaBoss on November 21, 2016, 03:21:12 PM
I think steam rules explictly states that no one can upload someone else work without their permission. In any case just contacting the mod uploader asking him to delete mod could be enough (ask skullywag  :) )

You can flag mods that violate the rules, I've done in other workshops when people reupload mods for no reason, the Workshop moderators will get around to it eventually.

Steam just has a lot of asshats because every Steam user is automatically a Workshop users, too. Nexus/Ludeon requires a minimum level of effort. :)

Vincent

Quote from: Devon_v on November 22, 2016, 10:28:59 AM
Quote from: GanjaBoss on November 21, 2016, 03:21:12 PM

You can flag mods that violate the rules, I've done in other workshops when people reupload mods for no reason, the Workshop moderators will get around to it eventually.

Steam just has a lot of asshats because every Steam user is automatically a Workshop users, too. Nexus/Ludeon requires a minimum level of effort. :)

Why are you guys not just working with Tynan ? it sounds like CCL could/should be implemented into rimworld if it is so vital for that many mods

MisterVertigo

I could be wrong, but I thought the CCL team was in communication with Tynan. I'm pretty certain I read that somewhere earlier in the thread. It was something with all the changes that happen during an alpha Tynan has not wanted to make it part of the game yet as a lot can change yet. I do understand though that he has given some guidance to the CCL team as to how some things work to help them along.
"In vertigo you will be..."

"Relax, people. It's a teeny indie game; don't kill it with love." - Bozobub