[A12d][ModPack] The ModVarietyPack

Started by simon-82, November 01, 2015, 02:28:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TLHeart

Quote from: Volumunox on December 01, 2015, 03:50:14 AM
I'd recommend viewing this for specifics in regards to this post "Battery Storage Bug"

This mod got me started on testing out power in general. The game has some issues with storing power and power generation that this mod exacerbates.
Where in the vanilla game the storage rate started to decline at around the 3rd battery, this mod follows an exponential decline in power storage, so each added battery reduces the efficiency of the battery storage intake rate by 50% of the surplus power in the grid. e.g. 50% - 25% - 12,5% etc.

I don't know if it's intended as the normal vanilla power sources (Geothermal Gen. and wind turbine) is still affected as in the above mentioned link.

I'd recommend people doing decentralized power storage with this mod. If anyone is willing to test it out further or contribute with more data please post in the above mentioned link, if there is truly an issue with power it needs to be fixed or if it's intended wiki's everywhere needs to be updated.

Actually, since this mod does use the CCL logic, that workbenches only require full power when in use, it adds another dimension to the power...

As I have said, in his bug report, his assumption is wrong, that batteries store 50% of the excess power. They do not. They charge over time only storing 50% of the input. And that input is a hard coded number.

Grogfeld

I have a strange and for me a game breaking bug. Every time when I want to use comm console it trows an exception. Screenshot in attachment. Probably related to autosell.  I've demolished console and rebuild it, but this bug is persistent.
Also I've been playing with autosell options and designate my pawn as AI seller. After he came to console error popup and now it constantly jumps with big lags. Even when I've undo changes in Autosell screen this error stays and my pawn try to use this console. I've send other guy to arrest him but then seller just disappear, and probably he as an object is destroyed as well.

[attachment deleted due to age]

Kitsune

Quote from: simon-82 on November 29, 2015, 02:03:13 PM
Thanks Kitsune, very nice colony you have there :)
Oh oh, two of your colonists are naked! I might have to add a "rated M" to that picture :P
I like your bright red hair, that's pretty neat. And are those poor muffalos allowed outside or are they trapped in that tiny barn? o.O
Of course I will add it to the first page!

Thank you and yes i love red or fox like coloured hair's in real i have a bit darker red hair i dont want to blind anyone with a bright red. ;D
Dam nudists. xD I sayd to them they have to dress but they only said "but... our freedom?". And sadly the poor sad fluffy muffi's are not allowed to move outside... they are my treasure i have to defend them. *-*

Edit: What the hell... 12 norbal rolled over my colonie kidnapped 1 of my colonists and nearly killed my other 5 colonist. Lucky me my only standing colonist was able to prevent that they kidnapped my other 4. Melee norbals with shields are horrible. >_< ... I need my citywall.

Milso

Every time I build a fortress shield generator it corrupts my save file.

Steps to reproduce
Build fortress shield generator
Save game
Attempt to load save game

screen goes black and colors begin to load strange but before it does i see something about squad brain in the error.

EDIT: I plan on trying to get a screenshot of error just have not had time to play.

Also is there a way to fix brain injuries in this pack?

NemesisN

v1.18

I save and quit the game come back tomorrow load up my world and this happens

everytime I load up my world its like this

Join the RimWorld fan community group on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1404635226524821/

Fluffy (l2032)

@nemesis, are you using Colony Manager? I had a bug in the loading code, which is fixed in the latest release. Your save should load fine after an update.

Milso

@nemesis that's the same issue i was having and tracked it back to building a fortress shield generator.  Loaded save right before it was finished and canceled it and been fine since.
If i build it again it does the same thing.

NemesisN

Quote from: Fluffy (l2032) on December 04, 2015, 08:03:22 AM
@nemesis, are you using Colony Manager? I had a bug in the loading code, which is fixed in the latest release. Your save should load fine after an update.

I am using ModVarietyPack v1.18
Join the RimWorld fan community group on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1404635226524821/

NemesisN

Quote from: Milso on December 04, 2015, 10:28:22 AM
@nemesis that's the same issue i was having and tracked it back to building a fortress shield generator.  Loaded save right before it was finished and canceled it and been fine since.

well I don't have a load before I build it :/

simon-82

Quote from: Milso on December 04, 2015, 10:28:22 AM
Yes, it is a problem with the shields you guys are having. I tracked it down to an issue with the shield compatibility patch with CombatRealism. Need to take them out until this is fixed. Sorry about that :(

Quote from: Grogfeld on December 01, 2015, 02:03:19 PM
I have a strange and for me a game breaking bug. Every time when I want to use comm console it trows an exception. Screenshot in attachment. Probably related to autosell.  I've demolished console and rebuild it, but this bug is persistent.
Also I've been playing with autosell options and designate my pawn as AI seller. After he came to console error popup and now it constantly jumps with big lags. Even when I've undo changes in Autosell screen this error stays and my pawn try to use this console. I've send other guy to arrest him but then seller just disappear, and probably he as an object is destroyed as well.
You can try deleting the autosell config file in the config folder. I have updated Autosell now. From your screenshot I can't see what the issue is exactly. If you could upload your save with the error I can take a closer look.

Quote from: kazuma6666 on November 30, 2015, 12:07:09 PM
(...) I tried destroying all my sculptures to see if it solved it but doesn't change a thing.
Also, I have no access to trading anymore. From ships or from land trader either. The pawn will go to the comm console or the trader hut and pause a moment then go do something else.

Here is a link to download that save. This is a save with MVP 1.18.
Thanks for all the screenshots and the detailed report :)
Your problem in 1.17 is fixed.
I downloaded your save from 1.18 to find the problem there.
Now I found the minified sculpture with the error in your stockpile 2 squares above the "Ear". It is invisible though. The game has problems loading that in.
As a fix you can try the "dev tool:destroy" on that spot. The error goes away - And trading also works again.
As for what caused the error? I am not sure. I crafted / spawned some more minified sculptures and all went well. Have you had this error more than once? Any way to reproduce the error? Did you do a fresh install with 1.18? Always do a fresh install when updating.

Quote from: onearchitype on November 30, 2015, 12:21:45 AM
I've also noticed a couple issues... 1) the bill counter does not recognize the number of items in a storage container. I'm using the wooden pallets. When I use the craft until you have a set number, the colonists keep crafting even beyond the number. I have to then manually suspend the bill. 2) colonists do not automatically go to an empty hospital bed when an operation bill is tasked. They instead go to their own bed.
1) Tried with wooden pallets and steel bars and flour. Both bills stopped at the right number. Which items didn't stop the bill for you? Do you have a save file with the error?
2) Also tried that. Had the best beds available (PodBeds) and a HospitalBed. Colonist went to the HospitalBed for operation. Are you using the latest version of the modpack?

Quote from: Kitsune on December 02, 2015, 03:44:59 AM
Thank you and yes i love red or fox like coloured hair's in real i have a bit darker red hair i dont want to blind anyone with a bright red. ;D
Dam nudists. xD I sayd to them they have to dress but they only said "but... our freedom?". And sadly the poor sad fluffy muffi's are not allowed to move outside... they are my treasure i have to defend them. *-*

Edit: What the hell... 12 norbal rolled over my colonie kidnapped 1 of my colonists and nearly killed my other 5 colonist. Lucky me my only standing colonist was able to prevent that they kidnapped my other 4. Melee norbals with shields are horrible. >_< ... I need my citywall.
Awww, you are cruel! The muffalos are sad indeed... Let them outside to play in the sun! :)
And yep, angry Norbals are angry. But your wall was almost complete, hurry up! They will come back I guess. Would love to see a picture of your completed colony :)

New version 1.20 is ready. Find it here :)

IMPORTANT: Make sure to check the updated installation instructions on the wiki!
Added a script for Windows as some are having problems creating the shortcut.
Also there are instructions for Mac users now.

- fixed bug: raiders carrying skywrath turret
- fixed bug: powered furniture with art causing PowerConduit bug
- updated Autosell to latest
- updated EdB Interface to latest
- disabled ED shields temporarily (issue with CR patch)
- added installation script for Windows
balancing:
- turret changes:
.improvised turret made at basic weapon table
.better turrets unlock later
.turrets now made from steel bar or aluminum bar
.better turrets require WeaponParts + cost more
.all turrets nerfed slightly
- Rimsenal faction raids later and less often (same as mechanoids now)
- Centipede mini gun nerfed slightly

NemesisN

I kinda don't want to lose my world because I had a good run on it with the version v1.18

so will v1.20 run fine with my world or should I wait for a new version update.....or I need to start all over again ?

TLHeart

Just at the end of my 1.16 run, 27 colonists, defended by 4 turrets, 2 minigun turrets, and 2 browning turrets. I also have 3 impoverish turrets that rarely get a shot off.  Also have 2 mortars, and an emp mortar. Decimates those enemies that want to prepare for awhile before attacking. Lag when the norbals attack is getting bad.

Getting through the first winter is a challenge, with the food, the research, lack of strong defense.. Takes work, skill, some luck.

So with that said, here is a tour of Moreville, Zuben-el-akrab.

The entire colony

The first colonist living complex. Before this they all shared the area that is now the kitchen.
14 bedrooms, all with pod beds, and end table, carpet around the beds, and stone floors. In the Grand Hall, they have quick access to lavish meals, chess tables, pool table, Reading table and book shelves, Card table, and arcades, along with a tv viewing area. The rooms on the north side are the original individual colonist rooms, so each has a small cooler. As the structure was completed, using wall mounted heaters and coolers for the grand room, and active vents for the rooms, the entire structure stays comfortable in the jungle environment. Have had 30F nights, and 130F days. Also have a robot cleaner in the grand room.

Now onto the second living complex... same style as the first. I use the extra rooms as prisoner rooms, and when they join, I change the bed to a colonist bed. By now I had lighted walls. Slightly different layout of the joy items.

Onto the central courtyard growing zones... Started with the plot to the north, growing potatoes. As time went on, sectioned that field into rows of crops. Expanded as needed, and almost every crop available in the game is being grown. No devilstrand, or omni jel.

To the southwest is the first defense bunker, with 3 impoverished turrets, and 1 mini gun turret, and a browning turret. Provided plenty of fire power for the raid at that time. Added second bunker to the northwest, to provide crossing fire, only installed a mini gun turret, and a browning turret.

And now the heartbeat of the colony, the production areas.

In the barn, are cobras, great profit from selling young cobras to traders. Cows for milk, which I ended up selling since there is no ice cream in this pack yet. And chickens, hens only for the eggs. Only restrict the animals to the barn for raids, and this screen shot. Otherwise they wander the pasture area with the natural grass, and the crop fields. I purchase hay from time to time.

Production room is open to the main storage area for quick access. Store items that don't degrade outside.

Small clean hospital has served the colony well.

The kitchen has worked efficiently, with drink storage just a quick step away. I always have cooks that love that morning drink before work. Also have stools and benches for that quick bite to eat. The water well is near the center of the fields. Water and sugar are the limiting factors for brewing drinks.

The cooler is well stocked, and partially organized with quantum stock piles. All that meat is from manhunter packs.

This colony has been fun. Using the campfire early to cook simple meals really helped get me past that grow/starve/hunt cycle of the early game.

simon-82

Quote from: NemesisN on December 04, 2015, 01:07:48 PM
I kinda don't want to lose my world because I had a good run on it with the version v1.18

so will v1.20 run fine with my world or should I wait for a new version update.....or I need to start all over again ?
The shields are disabled in 1.20 now. So if you load your old save with shields it wil give an error. If you really want to keep playing that save, stay on your current version.
If I understand you correctly, you only have that one currupt save file?
You can try to repair the save file.
You have to edit it manually and delete the shields from it.
Search for blocks of code in the file that look like that and delete all of them:
<thing Class="Combat_Realism_Compatibility.Shields.Building_Shield">
<def>Building_ShieldStandard</def>
<id>Building_ShieldStandard307098</id>
<pos>(123, 0, 74)</pos>
<health>500</health>
<faction>Colony508570295</faction>
<parentThing>PowerConduitInvisible270037</parentThing>
<shieldField Class="Combat_Realism_Compatibility.Shields.ShieldField">
<shieldMaxShieldStrength>4000</shieldMaxShieldStrength>
<shieldInitialShieldStrength>100</shieldInitialShieldStrength>
<shieldShieldRadius>8</shieldShieldRadius>
<shieldRechargeTickDelay>15</shieldRechargeTickDelay>
<shieldRecoverWarmup>900</shieldRecoverWarmup>
<shieldFireSupression>True</shieldFireSupression>
<shieldCurrentStrength_base>112</shieldCurrentStrength_base>
<tick>2775</tick>
<online>True</online>
<colourGreen>0.3764706</colourGreen>
<colourBlue>0.7294118</colourBlue>
<shieldBuilding>Building_ShieldStandard307098</shieldBuilding>
</shieldField>
<flag_direct>True</flag_direct>
<flag_indirect>True</flag_indirect>
<flag_fireSupression>True</flag_fireSupression>
<flag_InterceptDropPod>True</flag_InterceptDropPod>
<flag_shieldRepairMode>True</flag_shieldRepairMode>
<flag_showVisually>True</flag_showVisually>
</thing>

Quote from: TLHeart on December 04, 2015, 01:18:16 PM
Just at the end of my 1.16 run, 27 colonists, defended by 4 turrets, 2 minigun turrets, and 2 browning turrets. I also have 3 impoverish turrets that rarely get a shot off.  Also have 2 mortars, and an emp mortar. Decimates those enemies that want to prepare for awhile before attacking. Lag when the norbals attack is getting bad. (...)
Wow! Beautiful! o.O
Hope you don't mind me adding that screenshot to the first page?
Really well done colony!

TLHeart

Quote from: NemesisN on December 04, 2015, 01:07:48 PM

The bug fix to the art/power will require a new colony, as it changes the save file structure.

I finish my colony before updating to the new version.... Most of the the time the update will NOT be compatible with current game.

TLHeart

Quote from: simon-82 on December 04, 2015, 01:25:48 PM

Quote from: TLHeart on December 04, 2015, 01:18:16 PM
Just at the end of my 1.16 run, 27 colonists, defended by 4 turrets, 2 minigun turrets, and 2 browning turrets. I also have 3 impoverish turrets that rarely get a shot off.  Also have 2 mortars, and an emp mortar. Decimates those enemies that want to prepare for awhile before attacking. Lag when the norbals attack is getting bad. (...)
Wow! Beautiful! o.O
Hope you don't mind me adding that screenshot to the first page?
Really well done colony!

Use away.