[1.5] Allow Tool (3.13.0) - The Rimworld Multitool

Started by UnlimitedHugs, January 01, 2016, 04:46:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigheadzach

Just to cover bases, is the rock located within your pawns' current allowed area?

crusader2010

Quote from: bigheadzach on October 09, 2018, 01:42:07 PM
Just to cover bases, is the rock located within your pawns' current allowed area?

I think so. Their currently allowed area is "unrestricted".
My mod pack: {A13} Mod Mega Pack

UnlimitedHugs

Quote from: rawrfisher on September 15, 2018, 11:59:51 AM
Am I the only one having issues getting the haul urgently designation to stick when trying to move items from one stockpile to another?

I'll check it out.

Quote from: Orange_Mushroom on September 22, 2018, 08:09:01 AM
Can you tell what's going on please?

You should switch from the testing branch back to default. Although, shouldn't matter at this point.

Quote from: xion1088 on October 06, 2018, 09:55:22 PM
Can you make "haul urgently" ignore things like food on prisons?

Not sure I got the point of this. If you're marking something to be hauled urgently, isn't that what you intend to do?

Quote from: crusader2010 on October 04, 2018, 04:46:13 PM
- snip -

1. I'm flat out of free keys. However, you can redefine everything to your liking in Options > Keyboard Configuration. I'd love to have shortcuts with modifier keys, but for now this'll have to do.
2. I'll check it out. Have you tried the "context action" key (Equals) after selecting a piece of ore?
3. I'll check the missing selection, as well.

Quote from: crusader2010 on October 09, 2018, 12:53:37 PM
I think I may have found another strange-ish thing (apart from the one with the mining designation), but not sure whether it's intended or not.

Tough to say without the ability to reproduce the issue. I'm using the vanilla hauling logic in haul urgently (just in a controlled order), so I doubt the issue is caused by a mod interaction- at least with Allow Tool.
HugsLib - AllowTool - Remote Tech - Map Reroll - Defensive Positions: Github, Steam

xion1088

Hugs what I mean by

QuoteCan you make "haul urgently" ignore things like food on prisons?

Is to being able to haul food items out of prison cells, sometimes prisoners are all downed and they leave their food on the floor to root or if you're playing with Hospitality visitors sometimes will drop their food gifts inside prisons and will end up rooting, so it would be nice that "Haul Urgently" ignored the "Reserved for prisoners" thing on prisoner food so colonist can haul it out of there, I hope you understand my idea better now, I worded it wrong the first time, also sorry for posting this suggestion on the HugsLib topic.

crusader2010

Quote from: UnlimitedHugs on October 13, 2018, 04:43:04 AM
1. I'm flat out of free keys. However, you can redefine everything to your liking in Options > Keyboard Configuration. I'd love to have shortcuts with modifier keys, but for now this'll have to do.
2. I'll check it out. Have you tried the "context action" key (Equals) after selecting a piece of ore?
3. I'll check the missing selection, as well.
4. Tough to say without the ability to reproduce the issue. I'm using the vanilla hauling logic in haul urgently (just in a controlled order), so I doubt the issue is caused by a mod interaction- at least with Allow Tool.

1. Ok, I'll change the keys for that and see if it happens again :)

2. I may not have been clear enough with my explanation. The "mine connected" option is there when right clicking a tile with minable ore. I'm basically asking for a quicker way to select all the connected ores (something in the lines of the old VeinMiner - choose the mine vein action, click on an ore tile, every minable ore gets selected). Maybe a separate button for the "mine connected" action.

3. The missing selection isn't happening all the time (it happened during neolithic tech level mostly). Not sure what triggers it though, but from what I've seen, the tiles that don't get selected seem to be "undiscovered" initially (i.e. more than 2-3 tiles away from a piece of mountain that you can select), something like in a fog of war. It's the only noticeable thing I could find. Right now I'm using a mining sonar that I move from place to place to find ores deep into the mountains. For now the selection worked fine and didn't miss any tiles.

4. I've tested it again and it seems fine. Again not sure what triggers the right-click menu to not show up on an item marked to be hauled urgently. I'm sure it happened more during the neolithic/medieval tech level, but doubt that's leading anywhere. Will let you know if I notice it again.

EDIT: for no. 4, it seems to be more generalized. If a wall blueprint is reserved by a pawn and I want to select another one to build it, I don't get any menu on right-click. Same thing happens for hauling. For crafting benches it seems to be fine though.

zmadz

perfect as always, just want to see strip mining, same soil select zone if possible, keep up the good work :)

Canute

zmadz,
strip mining = select ore, right click at the mining symbol, mine all connected ore.

crusader2010

Quote from: UnlimitedHugs on October 13, 2018, 04:43:04 AM

Thanks for the tip! I found that using the key "H" doesn't conflict with anything. H makes sense from Haul and you cannot Haul something that can be Harvested so... no conflict :D

UnlimitedHugs

Quote from: xion1088 on October 13, 2018, 10:50:18 AM
- snip -

Oh, gotcha. Since I'm using the vanilla hauling code, however, I can't make that change unless I implement some custom hauling code on my side. So, I'll have to pass on this one.

Quote from: crusader2010 on October 13, 2018, 11:28:18 AM
1. 2. 3. 4.

I appreciate the clarifications.
On number one, you can just click an ore tile and press the Equals key- no need to even pull out the mine tool. Seems super quick to me.
HugsLib - AllowTool - Remote Tech - Map Reroll - Defensive Positions: Github, Steam

xion1088

Damn, was really wishing my idea would be easier to implement :'( :'( Thanks anyways for listening.

zmadz

Hugs u made me so addicted to allow tool that i can't play vanilla now xD

Sixdd

How goes the update to 1.0? I'm really missing haul urgently.

UnlimitedHugs

Updated to 3.6.0

1.0 update is done, grab it while it's hot.
Some minor additions along the way:

• Added "Chop all" and "Chop all in home area" right-click actions for consistency with the "Harvest" tool.
  • As requested, if Pick Up And Haul is also installed, Haul Urgently will use the custom hauling added by that mod. Known to be very effective at moving many items of different types.

@crusader2010
I've looked through the code and here's what I found:
On #3, turns out it's a feature, who knew :D It prevents the player from sniffing out hidden resources by simply selecting fogged rock and clicking "mine connected". So, at least one ore tile has to be exposed for the tool to work.
No idea on #4. Must be a vanilla issue, since Haul Urgently shares that part of the hauling code.

crusader2010

Thanks mate! The issue with #3 was that the ores were connected to other (visible) ore tiles. Probably the way in which the pawn mined them made it such that a section of the tiles fulfilled the condition about sniffing out resources, at a certain point in the mining process.

For #4 it could've been some bad interaction with "pick up and haul". When I'll migrate to 1.0 i'm gonna see if it happens again.

So should "pick up and haul" be loaded before haul urgently?

Angelix

Found bug. If i disable "Show tool: Finish off" option in "Enable or disable tools" i got this exception for every colonist.
Nadezhda threw exception in WorkGiver FinishOff: System.InvalidOperationException: Invalid ThingRequest ThingRequest(group Undefined)
  at Verse.ListerThings.ThingsMatching (ThingRequest req) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.GenClosest.ClosestThingReachable (IntVec3 root, Verse.Map map, ThingRequest thingReq, PathEndMode peMode, TraverseParms traverseParams, Single maxDistance, System.Predicate`1 validator, IEnumerable`1 customGlobalSearchSet, Int32 searchRegionsMin, Int32 searchRegionsMax, Boolean forceGlobalSearch, RegionType traversableRegionTypes, Boolean ignoreEntirelyForbiddenRegions) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.JobGiver_Work.TryIssueJobPackage (Verse.Pawn pawn, JobIssueParams jobParams) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Verse.Log:Error(String, Boolean)
RimWorld.JobGiver_Work:TryIssueJobPackage(Pawn, JobIssueParams)
Verse.AI.ThinkNode_PrioritySorter:TryIssueJobPackage(Pawn, JobIssueParams)
Verse.AI.ThinkNode_Priority:TryIssueJobPackage(Pawn, JobIssueParams)
Verse.AI.ThinkNode_Tagger:TryIssueJobPackage(Pawn, JobIssueParams)
Verse.AI.ThinkNode_Subtree:TryIssueJobPackage(Pawn, JobIssueParams)
Verse.AI.ThinkNode_Conditional:TryIssueJobPackage(Pawn, JobIssueParams)
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:DetermineNextJob(ThinkTreeDef&)
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:TryFindAndStartJob()
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:JobTrackerTick()
Verse.Pawn:Tick()
Verse.TickList:Tick()
Verse.TickManager:DoSingleTick()
Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate()
Verse.Game:UpdatePlay()
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

Also got this on new game with only hugslib and allow tool mods. Allow Tool version is 3.6.0