Your Cheapest Ideas

Started by Tynan, October 09, 2013, 12:17:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ja7833

Quote from: GiPSyFiSH on February 27, 2015, 09:20:36 PM
Need for water

- Bonus: This makes rainfall actually make a difference, now it's easy to ignore it.
- and various related mood effects.

Close proximity to fresh water: bonus to growing zone.
Water cooler: increase happiness when hot, cure heat stroke, increase/happiness number of positive social chats.
"Someone who is making anywhere from $300,000 to $750,000, that's middle class."  - Frederick Heineman

Zuban Artig

What about a button in the overview screen that prevents colonists from going outside. Or some kind of colony alarm that tells everyone to stay inside if not recruited.

spyker92

A new story event when youre rich (as a late game event) and there's multiple factions that hate you:

United Front - The various factions on this planet have realized that you are much bigger threat to them then they are to one another. They've elected to sign a temporary truce and are massing a massive unified attack against you! They will prepare a siege, then attack, be prepared!

2-4 factions on the planet all attack at once with a massive raid, with at least 1 spawn being a siege which will last 10 days (max) before they attack. They'll spawn with extra food and supplies.

Result is you could get attacked by 2 tribes, or maybe pirates + outlanders + tribes, really flex your ability to deal with multiple threats. Only for large colonies though, kinda an end game event.

Argon

A blood meter in the health tab showing how much blood the colonist has left, as well as a percent number.

-Argon

jubov

These probably have been suggested before, but anyway:

1. "Prioritize until done". Currently you have to babysit if you really want something to be builded ASAP.
2. I would like to see some kind of "clean this area" in the order menu, similiar to chop wood/harvest/smooth floor etc. where you can mark specific areas.
3. Right clicking ore for option to mine the entire vein.

b0rsuk

Good idea. We have snow clearing zones, so why not general cleaning zones ?  Also, pot plants should probably go under "cleaning", not "growing". I hate to see people abandon important jobs in favor of watering a plant.

hyperpeople

Quote from: spyker92 on March 06, 2015, 10:01:42 PM
A new story event when youre rich (as a late game event) and there's multiple factions that hate you:

United Front - The various factions on this planet have realized that you are much bigger threat to them then they are to one another. They've elected to sign a temporary truce and are massing a massive unified attack against you! They will prepare a siege, then attack, be prepared!

2-4 factions on the planet all attack at once with a massive raid, with at least 1 spawn being a siege which will last 10 days (max) before they attack. They'll spawn with extra food and supplies.

Result is you could get attacked by 2 tribes, or maybe pirates + outlanders + tribes, really flex your ability to deal with multiple threats. Only for large colonies though, kinda an end game event.

Nice Idea. I would add that factions sympathizing with you come to your colony and help you while pirates and enemy factions are trying to raid you together. 

(what might be nice: calling enemy factions and giving them enough silver to sympathize with you in mid-battle causing them to attack the people attacking you ;) )
Quote from: NoImageAvailable on March 25, 2015, 02:15:46 PM
Its really weird to hear of a colony that isn't run like Auschwitz and selling human leather for a living.

Regret

Quote from: jubov on March 08, 2015, 05:04:47 AM
These probably have been suggested before, but anyway:

1. "Prioritize until done". Currently you have to babysit if you really want something to be builded ASAP.
2. I would like to see some kind of "clean this area" in the order menu, similiar to chop wood/harvest/smooth floor etc. where you can mark specific areas.
3. Right clicking ore for option to mine the entire vein.
1. Agreed.
2. Isn't that the home region?
3. I'm not sure, that would take the discovery of hidden caves fun out of it.It makes the game too automated.

jubov

Quote from: Regret on March 09, 2015, 09:40:45 AM

Current cleaning system is tied with automatic repairing and firefighting, which I personally don't like. Cleaning dirt from outside, or blood from killbox isn't really time well spent. I'd rather make cleaners clean indoor areas every few days, and do something more useful rest of the time.

Regret

Quote from: jubov on March 09, 2015, 09:59:07 AM
Quote from: Regret on March 09, 2015, 09:40:45 AM

Current cleaning system is tied with automatic repairing and firefighting, which I personally don't like. Cleaning dirt from outside, or blood from killbox isn't really time well spent. I'd rather make cleaners clean indoor areas every few days, and do something more useful rest of the time.
Point taken.
You can get quite far with being very specific with your home region though.

Anyway, new idea:
Cooking stove and smithing bench can cause fires.
Both should create heat when used.
Body heat, while we are on the subject could also be used to warm up well insulated small rooms. Though that may be harder to implement.

GenMill

8)

Cheap Ideas:

- Allow me to stock an induvidual item type at different sites according to priority

- Insert function allowing the user to take notes in either written or audio recorded form

GenMill

8)

Cheap Ideas:

- Allow user to take written and audio recorded notes. This will decrease the unfun of reassessing strategy when returning to a complex game. **Ambitious Bonus: Allow user to customize "Mission Control" will a selection of indicators, statistics, status, etc**

- Increase the range of choosable passing time. Allow users to customize a stopwatch according to an array of criteria. this way, a player can react to any changing conditions. Unfun is again reduced via smaller wait time to the next decision point. This option could also be made available only when power supplied is adequate. This will literally pull the user into the gameplay, increasing the effectiveness of the game environment.

Please let me know what you think. I might be able to come up with more.

b0rsuk

Please make all characters sleep with their eyes closed. Some of the heads look creepy with the staring eyes. You could leave the images with open eyes for colonists Resting in bed instead of Sleeping.

Palladine

Is it possible to add a function to manually transfer a stack of items into a specific location? Something like click on an item, right click on a location to create a hauling task? It'd be fine if it only worked on areas zoned as stockpiles or something, especially if it's a designation tool like hauling and hunting-- that could work something like how moving groups of drafted pawns work. It'd be a lot easier to organize resources and stack things that, for some reason, the colonists refuse to stack properly, among other things.

Also, someone suggested a "prioritize until done" task earlier on-- I don't know if it's what they intended, but if not, it would be nice to make that a designation tool as well, so you can prioritize building entire rooms or structures.

KnucklyDuck

When the status is displayed for a weapon when zoomed in it is like "good", "poor", and "norm" I think "norm" should be changed to "okay" so it fits within the four character theme, and that they should all be made capitalized.
Why do Java programmers have glasses?
Because they can't C#.