Your Cheapest Ideas

Started by Tynan, October 09, 2013, 12:17:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

czarnoff

What about an OCD like trait?  It's like green thumb, only increased happiness for cleaning.  If you wanted to add a negative, make crafting, construction, or controlling take 50% longer. 

b0rsuk

Quote from: czarnoff on March 02, 2015, 05:14:55 PM
What about an OCD like trait?  It's like green thumb, only increased happiness for cleaning.  If you wanted to add a negative, make crafting, construction, or controlling take 50% longer.

Make it so a character with this trait lashes out at anyone who makes a mess ! Similar to Abrasive, but targetted at people who:
- vomit
- bring dirt
- leave bloodstains
- drop items outside equipment cabinets and stockpile zones

absentminded

Quote from: czarnoff on March 02, 2015, 05:14:55 PM

Neat - happiness from cleaning, increased unhappiness from a dirty environment or low condition clothing?

GiPSyFiSH

This has been talked about before but:

AUTO-STRIP bodies, or strip command or something.... Getting sick of doing it manually and can't find any mods for it...

I mean seriously. Cleaning up after the battle is not a fun game experience at all  yet seems to consume most of my time.

And I'm using conveyor belts to do it... It simply won't do...

geroshabu

Pod bed, like in those Japanese mini-hotels. Essentially a cryosleep casket that is a bed.

+ No penalty for sharing bedroom or for people moving around in the room when sleeping.
- Expensive. Might require electricity.

rtiger

A few things I want to see that might be easy.

The ability to remove thin rock roofs safely.
Build-able reinforced walls. More HP, but not able to support conduits like natural mountain walls already are.
What ever happened to that Nutrient pump that let you transform small areas of unusable land?
Targets a colonist can use to train Melee and shooting skills, and can be repaired but only after it is "broken". This can already be done using walls for shooting, with one problem being if a colonist goes to repair it and gets shot as a result. Only way to currently improve melee is hunting or combat.

Maybe not so easy...
Another way to put out fires besides beating them out.

benben471

I don't know how easy things are to program so i apologize if these are too hard and if some of them have probably already been posted but,:
-Key configuration.
-Allied NPCs battle NPCs they are at war with (if, both visit your colony at the same time).
-Cave-ins (similar to the roof collapse mechanic with very low-medium chance of happening).
-Mending stations for low durability clothes and guns.
-Pets (cats or dogs).
-Pawn injury sounds (shouts of pain, animals whimpering ETC.)
-Aquariums (decoration that increases mood)
Thanks for feedback :),
Benben471.
I have mods now ^^

b0rsuk

* birds ! Where are the birds, Tynan Sylvester ? Basically flying squirrels, not slowed by terrain, who can go over walls as long as they're outdoor walls. Very fast.

* new trait: Introvert. Suffers a mood penalty when he spends time in company of more than 2 people. Limited personal benefits from social chat.
* new trait: Extrovert. Suffers a mood penalty when alone. Increased personal benefits from social chat.

* interface improvement - "create growing zone from sunlamp". Similar to trade beacon. This would make optimal (power-wise) hydroponics less annoying to create.

Eleazar

Quote from: benben471 on March 05, 2015, 11:51:08 AM
-Allied NPCs battle NPCs they are at war with (if, both visit your colony at the same time).

This already happens if they see each other on the map.  Sometimes it's saved my bacon, such as when mechanoids disrupted a pirate siege.

mipen

The abillity to mod colonists to not require sleep (there're a couple of null references in there somewhere that show themselves if you set <needsSleep> to false in the race props)
Also the ability to create a non-humanoid non-mechanoid non-animal race

b0rsuk

CURIOSITY
This powerful colonist trait would cause them to gain xp in skills merely by observing other people do it. Whenever another colonist is using a skill within his field of view, the one with curiosity gains xp in that skill at 50% of his natural ability (passion flames etc).

benben471

Quote from: Eleazar on March 05, 2015, 06:45:17 PM
Quote from: benben471 on March 05, 2015, 11:51:08 AM

This already happens if they see each other on the map.  Sometimes it's saved my bacon, such as when mechanoids disrupted a pirate siege.
I was thinking more of two outlander towns visiting your colony, seeing each other and going at it rather than allied outlander towns attacking pirate bands. :)
Thanks for feedback :),
Benben471.
I have mods now ^^

SimPuppet

Quote from: GiPSyFiSH on March 03, 2015, 03:03:49 AM
This has been talked about before but:

AUTO-STRIP bodies, or strip command or something.... Getting sick of doing it manually and can't find any mods for it...

I mean seriously. Cleaning up after the battle is not a fun game experience at all  yet seems to consume most of my time.

And I'm using conveyor belts to do it... It simply won't do...

This, being able to add "auto strip before cremation" to the crematorium would be nice.

ja7833

Hauling items to the Orbital trade beacon stockpile to sell gets tedious pretty quick.  How about a stockpile toggle "Not/For Sale" that would allow any items to be sold in the same manner as prisoners?  The Orbital trade beacon used only for delivery of items from passing trade vessels.
"Someone who is making anywhere from $300,000 to $750,000, that's middle class."  - Frederick Heineman

ja7833

Quote from: b0rsuk on March 05, 2015, 02:54:31 PM
* birds ! Where are the birds, Tynan Sylvester ?

Birds and fish/other water resources to harvest (edible seaweed) to make coastal colonies viable.
"Someone who is making anywhere from $300,000 to $750,000, that's middle class."  - Frederick Heineman