Your Cheapest Ideas

Started by Tynan, October 09, 2013, 12:17:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sion

I think it should be possible to tame a muffalo and use them to haul things (like rocks), they should be able to carry something like 5-6 rocks (or like 10 rocks when "back mounted hauling baskets" are researched) at the same time, but (for obvious reasons) they must be controlled and loaded/unloaded by a colonist (like a zookeeper) or they will do whatever muffalos does.

It should also be possible to hunt muffalos for food, I mean they are a huge amount of meat wandering around and waiting to become hamburgers :P

How about a pet squirrel (or boomrat?) to increase happiness?
So many ideas... so little time...
Silence is the worst answer.

palandus

A boomrat as a pet? What happens if you accidently step on it? Would it blow your foot off from the resulting explosion?

JKTD1919

I see that rain is only visible in unroofed areas. Why don't we make fog the same way? It's kind of annoying, I can't really see anything inside my roofed buildings without zooming in.
Os iusti meditabitur sapientian, et lingua eius loquetur iudicium. Venerit vir qui sufferit tentationem.

shaunxD

Don't know if anybody has said this yet but i would love to be able to group my colonists together so i don't have to go clicking on every single one of my colonists to find out who has the weapons. Also why not add a watchtower with a searchlight to help out during the night if you get attacked maybe have the light cost around 200 300 energy per tower and costs maybe 150-300 metal.

Bemoteajh

Think races would be fairly nice who doesn't love them selves some ugly/beautiful blue/green huge/tiny angry/stoic alien friends

Just for story purposes would require little in the way of actual code just new appearance for male and female and maby 2 variants of each
different starting stat values and available jobs
(one race has no social while another refuses to fight ECT ECT)

Bemoteajh

1)Hardened Reinforced Walls
Pro- Cant be destroyed at all       
Con-Massive cost (4x normal wall) no power flow

2)Slower Growing/Less Food Required
Pro- Will slow down the flow of the game (crops instantly being ready makes for too much money for trades)
Con- Allows too much time to respond to emergencies

3)Solar Flare Pulses
Solar flare interruptions should be 1hr long every few hrs
and repeating for about 3 days
Pro- Cave settlements can still survive if only barely
Con-Cave settlements will be more common

4)Plague Doesn't Affect Hydroponics Or All Crops At Once
DUH!

JKTD1919

You colonists spread the blight through walking around fields whilst "Growing." All of your plants probably contracted the blight at about the same time, so it makes sense that they would all die at once.

One hour is way too short to make solar flares even relevant.
Os iusti meditabitur sapientian, et lingua eius loquetur iudicium. Venerit vir qui sufferit tentationem.

Untrustedlife

Quote from: Sion on December 25, 2013, 03:01:47 PM
I think it should be possible to tame a muffalo and use them to haul things (like rocks), they should be able to carry something like 5-6 rocks (or like 10 rocks when "back mounted hauling baskets" are researched) at the same time, but (for obvious reasons) they must be controlled and loaded/unloaded by a colonist (like a zookeeper) or they will do whatever muffalos does.

It should also be possible to hunt muffalos for food, I mean they are a huge amount of meat wandering around and waiting to become hamburgers :P

How about a pet squirrel (or boomrat?) to increase happiness?

That is a neat idea.
So dwarf fortress in space eh?
I love it.
I love it so much.
Please keep it that way.

Hey Guys, Here is the first succession Game of rim world for your reading Pleasure, it is in progress right now

LINK

kdfsjljklgjfg

Would mannable gun emplacements be simple enough? Like the Sentry, but cheaper, but a colonist has to get on it, and it requires no power. I imagine it could be set up like the comm does, with a colonist getting on it.

parkourwalrus

Multiple tech levels of weapon, you  know, caveman tech, medieval tech, dieselpunk, modern, near future, post-fall (relics from a time of endless war.), and transcendent tech.

GemCat

A firefighting AI? Dunno how much time this would take, but I would like it if all of my colonists would drop their task (unless they are drafted, of course) and run to help with extinguishing a fire in the Home Zone. Even with manual priorities fire fighting is a problem.

Untrustedlife

Quote from: parkourwalrus on January 07, 2014, 06:32:33 PM
Multiple tech levels of weapon, you  know, caveman tech, medieval tech, dieselpunk, modern, near future, post-fall (relics from a time of endless war.), and transcendent tech.
Planned already

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1pIZyKif0bFbBWten4drrm7kfSSfvBoJPgG9-ywfN8j8/pub
;)
So dwarf fortress in space eh?
I love it.
I love it so much.
Please keep it that way.

Hey Guys, Here is the first succession Game of rim world for your reading Pleasure, it is in progress right now

LINK

Darker

• Fix job pathfinder - currently, it simply finds nearest target by euclidean distance
  • Allow colonists order to walk on obstructions (as sandbags) when drafted
  • 1x1 dumping area (or make it a zone, much like "Mine", "Haul things")
  • Make objects with empty <Health> tag invincible
  • Throw human readable error on savefile parsing error!!! - save-moding is a lot of pain these days
Please... Throw human readable errors on savefile parsing failure!!!
Rim world editor Editor on GIT

Dr. Z

It's really annoying that you can't choose the powersource for your electrical objects. For example, if you put a lamp a few tiles away from a power conduit, there is an automatic placed smaller cable, but if theres also a wall nearby which isn't connectet to your network, the lamp probably will choose the wall instead of the conduit and won't function.
Prasie the Squirrel!

sldee

Absolutely love the game, even in this unfinished state. Few simple cheap ideas:

Buildings:
-Barbed wire (I really want this, my base defense needs it :))
-Firewall (expensive wall with added benefit of not catching fire when not damaged)
-Firedoor (to compliment the above)
-Perimeter wall (just a wall without automatic roofing)
-Searchlight (powerful light that lowers penalty for shooting targets in dark squares)

AI:
-priority areas similar to home area for repairing, cleaning etc. (for example to high priority on main power supply maintenance, little lower priority for perimeter defenses and lowest for living quarters)

Jobs:
-Priest (talking with one removes the saw bodies penalty and generally improves morale. Maybe whole religion thing later.)
-Wench (keeping in with theme, gives random "morale boosts". Maybe doesn't require own room? :P)

Interactive events:
-similar to current ones but with simple do that/don't do that options would add some depth and story potential for the game. Example: "You get scrambled emergency message on comms console. Respond Y/N?". Choosing no just dismisses the message and you everything continues as is. Choosing to respond to the message enters you into a coin flip. Options could be something like raiders faking emergency in search of target to raid or trader in distress who joins your colony and in gratitude also supplies you metal, food or weapons. These could be easily crowd-sourced. No idea how hard this is to implement, but sounds simple enough.

Robots:
-Robots please. Hauling bots, mining bots, repair bots, cleaning bots. Bots to do incomplex tasks. Could require some research and a scientist to manufacture them. Requires recharging.