I want to hear about exploit strategies!

Started by Tynan, March 21, 2016, 04:46:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Limdood

Social Exploit i just found.

If you have an anesthetized colonist and tell that colonist to drop their weapon, they will NOT drop their weapon and will become "rescuable."  You can repeat this as much as you want tuntil the anesthetic wears off....for 1 medicine per colonist, you can get a colony wide +15 "rescued me" social impact with each other colonist.

Reported this on bugs.

hwfanatic

Exactly.

Exploit: If you target a door with Molotov's cocktail enough times, you will eventually miss and fling it to the other side. Useful for when the bugs decide to drop in.

Fellbourne

Just found this out by accident. I often raise chickens as well as other animals but i found it quite messy and labor intensive when it comes time to slaughter them, leaving corpses to be hauled and blood to be cleaned. So i was trying to alleviate some of that when it came time to slaughter my last batch of chicks.... I set up a 1x1 animal zone in my freezer and restricted the chicks to be slaughtered to go there. Once slaughtered there was a massive stack of chick corpses in the 1x1 area and my colonist began hauling them to separate spaces in my freezer because I have animal corpses allowed there. i quickly realized this was going to overflow my freezer, so i disallowed chicken corpses to be stored anywhere else and forbid the corpses. I can un-forbid the corpses one at a time as needed or en mass for butchering as needed. Tested this on another save with Muffalo. Had 13 Muffalo corpses in a 1x1 area in my freezer.

SpaceDorf

Nice .. for chicks you can even skip the slaughtering part, because they should freeze to death pretty quickly ..
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

Jstank

How to take out a poison/physic ship in 3 easy steps

Step 1: Build  your structure

Step 2: Melee attack ship from within your structure to under half health. Do not kill the ship as the hull is protecting your colonist from the mechanoids. Forbid the outside door so your colonist doesn't go outside. This works because the AI around the ship doesn't attack your safe zone. PS My screen shot has those silly bricks in the way. Close the door when you try this at home!

Step 3: Wait for mechanoids to clear the area. Kill all mechanoids with your kill box. Once the mechanoids are clear from the ship finish off the ship.

Note> The only thing that can go wrong is if a syther/centipede spawns in the same spot as your colonist. This is why you have to build the second outside area. If that happens your colonist will magically be thrust through the closed door. the Syther will be on the other side and immediately notice that it is trapped. At this point it will break through one of the outside walls to escape. Don't worry being trapped will automatically trigger the group to attack the base. Keep your colonist inside until the mechanoids advance, then kill the ship.

Special thanks to https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6XG9r7oJU1ixftFf_73LNw Bjorn for showing me this!
The road to hell is paved with good intentions.

- Bernard of Clairvaux

SpaceDorf

BeoTea

To defeat Centipedes or Sythers, I send one or two people out in personal shields, and have everyone else line up behind them. The mechs will target the shield users, leaving everyone safe (as long as they have worse cover than the melee units). As soon as someone gets hurt, I just send them out of sight until they have their shield back.

Hans Lemurson

Shielded bait is extremely effective.  I took out a pair of centipedes with a shielded non-violent pawn and her grenade-toting buddy.
Mental break: playing RimWorld
Hans Lemurson is hiding in his room playing computer games.
Final straw was: Overdue projects.

SpaceDorf

I did that too .. but the bunker was nice for my useles club pawn to train on the ship part .

BlueLance213

To add to the poison/psychic ship, I always find that i can send one sniper out and get them to shoot the ship, the Mechs come out but do not agro as the sniper is out of range, the Mechs just sit walking about the same area all I do is tell my sniper to attack any centipedes and because he misses he usually kills everything else before killing the centipede. So far it has worked everytime and I only need 1 Pawn with a weapon to go there. So far this has always been the case for me.

b0rsuk

Quote from: Jstank on February 26, 2017, 03:35:10 PM
How to take out a poison/physic ship in 3 easy steps

Step 1: Build  your structure

Why don't mechanoids attack doors or walls when ship is harmed ?? They do attack even walls once in raid mode.

BlueLance213

I think they attack structures if a structure attackes them i.e turrets, because I have had them land next to my base before and they shot the walls down, but otherwise I havnt had them shoot any walls except in raids like you said.

RemingtonRyder

In case it hasn't been posted, batteries can be used in place of conduits to expensively avoid Zzzt. :(

Hans Lemurson

Quote from: MarvinKosh on March 01, 2017, 02:28:46 AM
In case it hasn't been posted, batteries can be used in place of conduits to expensively avoid Zzzt. :(
It's more cost-effective though to use Solar Panels or Wind Turbines as your conduits.  Why this should result in a MORE stable electrical system is unclear.
Mental break: playing RimWorld
Hans Lemurson is hiding in his room playing computer games.
Final straw was: Overdue projects.

travin

Quote from: Hans Lemurson on March 01, 2017, 03:27:32 AM
Quote from: MarvinKosh on March 01, 2017, 02:28:46 AM
It's more cost-effective though to use Solar Panels or Wind Turbines as your conduits.  Why this should result in a MORE stable electrical system is unclear.

The stability comes in the form of distributed load. Haven't you noticed the conduit grids within the bounds of each device?

When I build my conduits, I build a closed grid of redundancies that evenly distributes the load as well as providing backup routing when one is broken by fire or attack. I can't remember the last time I had a conduit blow.