I want to hear about exploit strategies!

Started by Tynan, March 21, 2016, 04:46:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mraadx

Killing carravan "accidentally"
have anyone figure this out yet?
Build a one wall with designated roof above the caravans. Make it so there will be one spot hole next to it. Then your builder deconstruct it(from the safe one hole spot). Boom, roof falls! Repeat until the mufallo's dead.  It's an "accident" so they wont get triggered.
it takes some time to do and ruin the game economics so I never do that. Just found the exploit on random occasion.
Graphic Designer. Will draw for $.

Alenerel

Bruh, thanks. I really love those killing caravans exploits :D

Tho its a shame that they will be fixed soon

cmitc1

I put wires by my turrents, away from the ones with power, so, I dont have to have colonist go turn them on, I am simply click on them and redirect power.

Anxarcule

I managed to kill a caravan in my previous game, and two caravans at the same time my current game.

Previous game - I had a thrumbo running around my base and an NPC caravan of 5 or so wandering too.  I waited until the caravan got in between the thrumbo and myself and shot at the mighty beast.  It went manhunter and attacked the nearest NPC.  4 of them were taken out and the last one fled (with the thrumbo chasing).  After the NPC left the map it came back to my base and walked into a hail of bullets.

Current game - I called in 2 bulk traders that showed up at the same time and hung around my killbox area when I was raided by a group of 20 or so pirates.  Lucky for me they were also on the side of my base that let them path into my killbox.  The magic happened when a few of the caravan people were wandering in and out of the killbox (entry was via a door) and were attacked outside the killbox by the pirates, causing the rest of them to rush outside to assist.  I netted 100 components, assorted food, and a good amount of silver from that fight.

Bozobub

You'd probably best wait for A16  to make that assertion.
Thanks, belgord!

Spdskatr

Take a downed scyther and surround it with sandbags. Then put a roof over it. Tell your colonists to equip pistols and shoot at it from max range.
Because shooting at enemies goves you 400 xp compared to inanimate onjects
My mods

If 666 is evil, does that make 25.8069758011 the root of all evil?

Bozobub

Quote from: Spdskatr on November 28, 2016, 04:58:14 PMTake a downed scyther and surround it with sandbags. Then put a roof over it. Tell your colonists to equip pistols and shoot at it from max range.
Heh.  I just hunt ^^' .

BTW, the answer to your last signature question is "Three." =)
Thanks, belgord!

Spdskatr

Quote from: Bozobub on November 28, 2016, 05:30:18 PM
BTW, the answer to your last signature question is "Three." =)
No, that's the answer to: 'How many answers are there to the question "How many consonants are in the answer to this sentence?"?'

It's AN answer, if you haven't figured that out already.

----
And the downed scyther means you can continue to use it for years and years and years(downed scythers don't die of blood loss and their wounds don't heal). Literally. And gain 400 xp every time. If that isn't an exploit...
My mods

If 666 is evil, does that make 25.8069758011 the root of all evil?

Ronin90

Shooting melee enemies from long range and using sniper rifles for their intended purpose is an exploit huh.

Daguest

Technically a winning strategy as it pertains to the currently only way to "win" the game (the ship), but not major :
you can have cryptosleep casket next to each other (despite being on top of the access circle, which is not allowed) if you place them quickly enough.
Screenshot :
http://i.imgur.com/ppTT2Gk.jpg

As you can see, I'm using way less room than I would otherwise, due to overlapping crytosleep caskets, which is normally not allowed.

mraadx

Quote from: cmitc1 on November 27, 2016, 10:07:25 PM
I put wires by my turrents, away from the ones with power, so, I dont have to have colonist go turn them on, I am simply click on them and redirect power.
This. More efficient than power switch.
Graphic Designer. Will draw for $.

Alenerel

Quote from: Spdskatr on November 28, 2016, 04:58:14 PM
Take a downed scyther and surround it with sandbags. Then put a roof over it. Tell your colonists to equip pistols and shoot at it from max range.

It doesnt have to be a scyther, it can be a downed turket or other things. if the location isnt good enough put a sleeping spot and rescue the turkey there, then stop rescuing him and shooting him :D

FridayBiology

Placing a 1x1 zone of hay/strawberries outside/within killbox to draw animals from the other side of the map all the way to the base seemed like too much of an exploit so I stopped doing it in Alpha 14 so not sure if fixed. Animals shouldn't be able to sense higher grade food from kilometers away.
Yes another god damn youtuber.
 https://www.youtube.com/user/FridayBiology

Hellbatty

Sry for my english, guys, not my native language. Several tricks or exploits, found so far
1. Dealing with sieges several ways :
a:) full cave base with fuel generators and trees plantations. Self explanatory, dont forget to dig up to map edge, to funnel heat away
b:) put several single walls all around map, mark zones around as home, turn off firefighting for all colonists.
c:) put cheapest wall all around map edge, just as one big fence
2. Tundra map, tribe plantations : build big room, cover with roofs 75-80% but dont make one big hole, just lots single holes for trees and heat up room with torches. Since it take about one torch for every 3-4 holes, you will get huge surplus in trees and foods. You still can use roofed areas for something else, and room itself have beauty bonus from trees
3. Starting room, no shared room debuff and no outside debuff. Make one big fence on start, put beds all random inside, colonists surprizingly think if room big enough and no roof its probably one of Ritz-Carlton apartaments
4. Ice sheet tribe trick. Just balance thing, not a big deal. If you killed all your pets on start, and all animals on map, you almost guaranteed getting at least one animal spawn each day, probably game counts animals on map and spawn more if there no animals at all
5. Door exploit, you can make colonists insta pass between rooms, without interacting doors at all if you use design like that (red lines show colonists paths)