[B19] Area Rugs

Started by Fisty, April 10, 2016, 11:13:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fisty

files for Alpha 12 to Beta 18 on Nexus and Beta 18 on Steam Workshop

Change log version 1.05, 25 November 2017
-Updated to B18.

Change log version 1.05, 16 July 2017
-Added 15 more colors for a total of 25 now.
-This will not break your saves, you will however need to go into your stockpile(s) and checkmark the new colors.

Change log version 1.04, 27 May 2017
-Fixed crafting tables being built instantaneously and made them movable.
-Updated to A17.

Change log version 1.04, 7 January 2017
-Fixed not being able to sell rugs.

Change log version 1.04, 4 January 2017
-Fixed dyed cloth weight for caravans.

Change log version 1.04, 27 December 2016
-Added versions 15 and 16.
-New versions include one more large rectangle rug and the ability to bleach cloth (for those using recycling mods or if you make too much.)
-Known issue - bleached cloth sprites stay colored until stacked with other cloth, doesn't adversely effect usage, just appearance.

Change log version 1.02, 2 May 2016
-Removed requirement of tailoring (crafting) skill to make rugs, now it only requires artistic. Dying cloth still requires crafting.
-Fixed the work amount values, each tile the rug covers now requires 10 work so the largest (7x7) rug now takes about 1.25 time the amount of work as a small sculpture.
-This minor update should not break your saves.

Change log version 1.03, 4 May 2016
-Fixed work amount values for dying the cloth, it is now 10 work instead of 2.
-Fixed incorrect material cost for 1x1 round and 3x4 rectangle rugs.
-This minor update should not break your saves.

Change log version 1.04, 21 July 2016
-Updated to Alpha 14.
-Added to Steam Workshop

This mod adds 29 different area rug models to the game from tiny 1x1 doormats to huge 7x7 room filling monstrosities.  They come in circle, square, rectangle, and also one wide runners for hallways.

There are two new crafting benches: the dye barrel that takes default cloth and changes its color, and the rug crafting table that takes that colored cloth (or regular cloth, devilstrand, hyperweave, or wools) and makes them into the rugs.

A cool side effect of this mod is that the new colors of cloth can be used to craft regular clothing so now you don't have to be content with everyone wearing light grey, if you want your colony to wear all purple you can do that!  Visitors and raiders will also show up in the newly colored clothing and you'll be able to buy it from traders.

Now the rugs..  they use artistic ability and have a quality rating, the higher the quality the more beauty it has.  The larger the rug the more beauty it has. (I didn't want to punish people for wanting to use one big rug instead of 6 little ones in a room)  They can be picked up and put back down and sold to traders if desired.  It is possible to get some >very< pretty rugs if you have a colonist with high artistic skill, and you can have a very beautiful base.. but keep in mind that the value of the rug will also be high and you will pay for all that beauty in more dangerous raids.

Compatibility: I can't see why it would conflict with anything at all.  Mods that add crafted things from default cloth >should< also include the the colored cloth, you might have to have this mod first in your load order - this has not been tested though.

Known issues: You can place the rugs under walls or even stack them on top of each other.  I'm just happy they sit nicely under furniture so not worrying about this. Bleached cloth sprites stay colored until stacked with other cloth, doesn't adversely effect usage, just appearance.

This is my first published mod since way back in the EQ1 days, and my first RimWorld mod, please be gentle.  =)

All graphics and some coding by Fisty (AElflaed), extra coding and testing by Darc Clan.

This mod MAY be included in mod packs, altered or unaltered, please give us (Fisty and Darc) credit somewhere if you do so.
(It's just begging to be worked in with Superior Crafting and mods that add more plants to actually make the dyes)

DOWNLOAD:
adfly if you want to be nice: http://adf.ly/1ZIrs2

or straight to the Nexus: http://www.nexusmods.com/rimworld/mods/112

Alpha 14 on the Workshop: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=728604134
Alpha 16 on the Workshop: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=827346960
Beta 18 on the Workshop: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=934235098

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

Fluffy (l2032)

skyarkhangel

Agree. Awesome artist skills and good ideas :)

BLITZER

Hey.I am BLITZER and i am a robot from the future trying to save humanity you know the same thing.
PS:i am a time traveler

Fisty

Thanks guys, going to go poke at it in A13 now and see if it breaks.

I forgot to mention in the original post, it gets unlocked when you research carpet flooring.
And I'm sorry about having to add more crafting benches, I really didn't want to.. originally I put them in an architecture tab but with 10 colors of 29 rugs it would take up 3/4 of your screen when opened.  And this way you can make them out of the other textiles as well, not just the 10 new colors of cotton, and the new colors of cloth can be made into clothes.. so all in all it was a good solution I think, I made the tables small so they can be stuck in little places the normal big and huge ones can't.

Alistaire

You can add all to the architecture tab and set their recipes to use:

<costStuffCount>5</costStuffCount>
    <stuffCategories>
      <li>Fabric</li>
    </stuffCategories>

.. which adds a dropdown-like menu (as with furniture etc. created from the architect menu) containing everything in stuffCategory Fabric (which includes your dyed cloth). You do not have to use:

<ThingDef ParentName="CarpetBase">
    <defName>RedCarpet1203x7254Rectangle</defName>
    <costList>
      <RedCloth>5</RedCloth>
    </costList>

<ThingDef ParentName="CarpetBase">
    <defName>BlueCarpet1203x7254Rectangle</defName>
    <costList>
      <BlueCloth>5</BlueCloth>
    </costList>

.. to allow the functionality offered by the carpet crafting table.

Fisty

Updated to A13!   ;D
(Darc is awesome) <3

Ermagawd!  Why didn't I see this for A12???
(2*b)||!(2*b) - That is the question.
There are 10 kinds of people in this world - those that understand binary and those that don't.