[A13] Mod MEGA PACK

Started by crusader2010, May 03, 2016, 01:58:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Garr1971

Quote from: crusader2010 on May 16, 2016, 03:45:37 AM
Most of these mods are providing a degree of imbalance(i.e. making the game too easy in some cases) that I'm not comfortable with. Also, some of them might not interact properly. That's why I won't be adding them to the pack. That said, I am exploring some more mods (darkness revamp, nano storage, etc); hopefully it'll turn out ok.

But if you like them and they are working for you, do enjoy playing the game! :)
1. Yes, I know about some imbalance) Add them to the list for those who are just playing rather than hardcore. Most of the added removes annoying or irritating factors of the game.
2. Strongly contradictions between the pack and the added modes not seen. Despite the extremely capricious combat realism)
3. In my humble opinion, darkness revamp, nano storage useless. I tried them. About the first - you can just turn off the screen, and play blind)) It will be easier.
4. Thank you) I just expressed my opinion, I do not argue and do not impose. You get a very good set of working mods.
Sorry my bad english)

emailuser

nice work putting this all together its a lot of work i bet getting them all to work properly but i have a bug where whenever i use any weapons they work for a little bit but then say no ammo over and over again even if i have ammo in storage, pawns spawning on map are spawning without any ammo as well looking for a fix.

Rekxar

Awesome pack, really enjoying the comfort of just downloading one single pack with the mods organized.

I'm just encountering one major issue and not sure if it's been mentioned before but I'm guessing it's got to do with the CR or the patch for Embrasures. I find it often that some specific guns (not sure if all from the same pack) have issues shooting through the embrasures. They just stand there and wait to get shot from the outside. It sometimes works from very specific angles but not when the enemy is directly in front of the embrasures

crusader2010

The ammo issue happens because you need to craft ammo for your guns and assign loadouts. Check the Combat Realism mod's page for details, changelogs, guides etc. (or google). If you have ammo, make sure it's the right type. If the weapons you use are from the Westernization mod, please let the author know about this bug if you had everything properly setup (ammo,types,loadouts). Also, if you tampered with the mod order and did not exit the game after each time you went into the Mods menu, the saved game could've been corrupted. Try exiting the game by alt+f4 and loading your last saved game again.

The embrasures issue is strange and has to do with weapon stats and such. Look through the defs of ED-Embrasures-patch-for-CR and find the "fillPercent" tag for it. I know it has to be of 0.75 maximum(and it is). Probably some pawn stats are affecting the firing angle (i.e. the pawn is shorter than average thus it cannot fire over the embrasure). From my tests, if you move any pawn 3 tiles away from an embrasure it's going to fire anyway. So it's not really a bug but something related to pawn or weapon stats (check CR page and mod defs for details - there are very many and I really don't know them by heart). More info: basically the 0.75 fill percent means that the embrasure is like an impassable sandbag that covers 75% of a pawns body, from ground up.  If the pawn cannot fire and the embrasure mod was not changed, then something has reduced the height of the pawn(or maybe certain stats of the weapon), or increased the height of the embrasure in that spot. Try shooting with other pawns from the same position.
My mod pack: {A13} Mod Mega Pack

abica

Forgive me if this possible bug in the modpack has been noted, I scanned the thread and haven't seen it.

I'm having an issue where traders drop the items I sell them immediately upon exiting the trade window. I've mainly dealt with visiting tribes that trade, etc, because I haven't progressed to the point of caravans (just built a caravan manager and commo station) or space trading yet.

It might be possible that the tribal traders are actually carrying the goods themselves and don't have much capacity? I don't know how that works. They certainly don't bring tons of stuff.

Hopefully I'm just missing something obvious! Loving the modpack!

Rekxar

That would make sense, thanks for the reply. I guess I'll have to test with different guns on the same pawn and then the same guns on different pawns.

Also without having to go to the mods page in case you know the answer, are missiles from rocket launchers supposed to pass trough the SIF shields and then explode in an aoe inside them? Not sure if I remember this happening when using those mods without CR and the patches but it makes shields obsolete in a way.

And ye the issue with the visitor traders dropping their stuff is happening because they lack the inventory to actually carry it away, that's quite an issue since you can just pick it all up and resell it I believe. They also sometimes drop stuff when entering the map for the same reason.

Rekxar

Quick test between 2 pawns, can confirm that only specific pawns can't shoot properly. Without checking them all the ones that have an issue are Teenagers at age 17. Would they be shorter then?

OutrideGaming

Hey I've found a bug.

All my coolers are invisible when I try to place them. And after I place one, and have a colonist build it, it just disappears and so do my resources. Any idea what mod might be causing this?

Thanks! Great mod pack btw
"I'm like the Boeing 757-223 from Angola"

I'm a rising youtuber and would love it if you could give me a chance!
Youtube: /Outridegaming
Twitter: @OutrideGaming (not very-well updated :p)

Currently looking for skilled graphics designers for a logo and/or intro for the youtube channel! :D Pm me

abica

Outride-

Are you sure the cooler build is completed? The modded cooler doesn't show up until it's built, so possibly it could be waiting on components. If the build is in progress you can click the square on which the cooler is built and check status even though it's invisible.

Rekxar thanks for confirming the tribal trader capacity thing for me. Sounds like they should bring some burlap sacks to store the gently used shoddy clubs and bows they buy from me!

crusader2010

Quote from: abica on May 16, 2016, 02:56:50 PM
Forgive me if this possible bug in the modpack has been noted, I scanned the thread and haven't seen it.

I'm having an issue where traders drop the items I sell them immediately upon exiting the trade window. I've mainly dealt with visiting tribes that trade, etc, because I haven't progressed to the point of caravans (just built a caravan manager and commo station) or space trading yet.

It might be possible that the tribal traders are actually carrying the goods themselves and don't have much capacity? I don't know how that works. They certainly don't bring tons of stuff.

Hopefully I'm just missing something obvious! Loving the modpack!

I think it's related to Combat Realism (and that they can't carry too much). I've read about it a bit on that mod's thread, but unfortunately cannot help you anymore. For me it never happened in several dozen games of testing. Only thing that came close to this was that some trader pawns dropped their hats/helmets out of the blue, but nothing else. And it happened only once. My only idea is that you might have changed some mod order OR the fact that you didn't exit the game after entering the Mods menu. Try force quitting the game and reloading the save, and see if the next trader does the same. Also test with a new colony. Probably a complete(fresh) reinstall of the game/mod pack will help too.

Quote from: RekxarThat would make sense, thanks for the reply. I guess I'll have to test with different guns on the same pawn and then the same guns on different pawns.

Also without having to go to the mods page in case you know the answer, are missiles from rocket launchers supposed to pass trough the SIF shields and then explode in an aoe inside them? Not sure if I remember this happening when using those mods without CR and the patches but it makes shields obsolete in a way.

And ye the issue with the visitor traders dropping their stuff is happening because they lack the inventory to actually carry it away, that's quite an issue since you can just pick it all up and resell it I believe. They also sometimes drop stuff when entering the map for the same reason.

Quote from: RekxarQuick test between 2 pawns, can confirm that only specific pawns can't shoot properly. Without checking them all the ones that have an issue are Teenagers at age 17. Would they be shorter then?

Unfortunately I don't know the answer regarding missiles (no idea if they are a special kind of projectile/bullet by means of CombatRealism). Probably the AOE explosion passes through shields. I remember reading that some "bullets" can pass through the shield, if they are fast enough (basically it's a bug, but it's also quite realistic  :o ). If you want you can test in god mode and see what happens :)

In addition, I'm not sure that age has any relation to the pawns' height (it probably should), or if some kind of disease/missing limb/etc is causing this. You'll have to read thoroughly through the CR mod pages. Really sorry I can't help more.

Quote from: OutrideGamingHey I've found a bug.

All my coolers are invisible when I try to place them. And after I place one, and have a colonist build it, it just disappears and so do my resources. Any idea what mod might be causing this?

It's probably related to the "Better Coolers" mod and/or "ED-ReverseCycleCooler patch for BetterCoolers" (see mod numbers: 37,38,40 in the list on the main thread).

I've just tested this now in god mode and it's working fine. You must've changed the load order somehow (I know this because it also happened to me, in a similar fashion, while testing; the patch is crucial as well as the ordering). Remember to exit the game after every opening of the Mods menu or strange things are very likely to happen.

OutrideGaming

Quote from: OutrideGamingHey I've found a bug.

It's probably related to the "Better Coolers" mod and/or "ED-ReverseCycleCooler patch for BetterCoolers" (see mod numbers: 37,38,40 in the list on the main thread).

I've just tested this now in god mode and it's working fine. You must've changed the load order somehow (I know this because it also happened to me, in a similar fashion, while testing; the patch is crucial as well as the ordering). Remember to exit the game after every opening of the Mods menu or strange things are very likely to happen.
[/quote]

Alright I re-loaded the game, reset mods to just core and closed out once it finished. Loaded the game back up, and did the mods in the order you gave.

Here's the errors:

http://imgur.com/a/fStJW

There's also a random yellow line a few whites, and back to a 2 red lines. Third image is a full of the bottom pannel from the first red line of armor penetration.

Thanks for the help!
"I'm like the Boeing 757-223 from Angola"

I'm a rising youtuber and would love it if you could give me a chance!
Youtube: /Outridegaming
Twitter: @OutrideGaming (not very-well updated :p)

Currently looking for skilled graphics designers for a logo and/or intro for the youtube channel! :D Pm me

crusader2010

Yep, the armor penetration errors are known and being investigated. They should not interfere with game play too much. The same for the ones related to vein miner or the embrasure (shouldn't affect anything).

Are your coolers still not showing up properly? Also, did you copy the ModsConfig.xml from the pack archive to the needed folder (see installation instructions in the first post), or you arranged the mods "by hand"? (should be the same thing, but less prone to ordering errors).

d3mons

im also having cooler problems with a clean download and modconfig from the file,

also why arent you using edb modloader and/or prepare carefully

crusader2010

Quote from: d3mons on May 17, 2016, 04:04:50 PM
im also having cooler problems with a clean download and modconfig from the file,

also why arent you using edb modloader and/or prepare carefully

If you mean EdB Mod Order - it is being used :) for "prepare carefully", it simplifies the start too much so i'm not going to add it.

EDIT: just did a fresh start with the pack and everything is working fine. Probably you did something wrong...

SupremeSoviet

I look forward to when prepare carefully is done and added, cause I simply can't play this without it.  I would also like to suggest you add Glitter Tech to this mod pack.