[A13] - Darkness Revamp (v1.0) - Now with addons !

Started by cram, May 05, 2016, 12:02:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gentz

Hello folks,
I've corrected the colors for the Toxic Fallout and Volcanic Winter event. (Or was it the eclipse event I corrected, not sure exactly, all I can recall is I corrected the colors for 2 of these 3 events).

You can grab it here: https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=21650.msg235583#msg235583
The great one is back.

Sincerely,
    -Gentz

creeper857

I would love to see this mod updated alpha 14 vanilla nights are just too bright in my opinion

Kelthar

Quote from: creeper857 on July 28, 2016, 02:36:18 PM
I would love to see this mod updated alpha 14 vanilla nights are just too bright in my opinion

I'll be publishing the A14 version soon. It's forked from Gentz' version, which is forked from Cram's version.

Should be up within the next few hours.

Master Bucketsmith

Quote from: Kelthar on July 28, 2016, 04:14:26 PM
Quote from: creeper857 on July 28, 2016, 02:36:18 PM

I'll be publishing the A14 version soon. It's forked from Gentz' version, which is forked from Cram's version.
Where are you hiding this? :D
Should be up within the next few hours.

Helpful Bot

Elysium

Quote from: Willowisp on August 08, 2016, 06:12:55 PM
Bump, I want this in my game right now.

Here you go.  I decided to look into how this mod works and how simple it would be to update and it turns out it is rather simple.  I've never updated or released a mod myself, but this is basically just an xml edit so it will be safe to use.  I omitted the assembly and the map conditions because I have no idea what is in the dll and I'm not about to release something that might corrupt someones save file.  I'm assuming its a simple event handler to make the eclipse work properly because I don't know what else it could be doing.  Speaking of which, it might not get really dark if an eclipse happens, I have not tested that and I have no idea how to force one.

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

lance789

Helpful Bot

Thank you Elysium! I took a look at the dll and it only contains language that alters the darkness of an eclipse event. BTW, its not an editor but "ilspy" is a great, quick, and really easy decompiler for looking at dll files. Just download it and have it on your desktop, no installation necessary. Interestingly enough, the dll itself seems to have a game target version a13 coded into its references. My skill in peeking at other peoples work is great but i'm weak in editing c# so I don't know how to go safely go about updating the assembly references. Other than that the dll SHOULD be safe as it contains so very little and, this is important, the language of the dll file in reference to eclipse events is absolutely identical to the current language of A14's ecplise event; save for the color values of course.

Helpful Bot

In fact....screw it. The dll file contains so little that i'm going to update this for him right now by making a new dll file using A14's assembly.

Helpful Bot

Done, tested, and yeah baby it works! Just doing some weather def tweaks to ensure it uses a14 weather defs (other than the colors). Will upload the whole shebangabang shortly.

Elysium

Quote from: Willowisp on August 09, 2016, 08:21:11 PM
Done, tested, and yeah baby it works! Just doing some weather def tweaks to ensure it uses a14 weather defs (other than the colors). Will upload the whole shebangabang shortly.

Ah, nice.  Yeah... I've since figured out what the dll is exactly for, what I had originally suspected.  I've since had an eclipse and sure enough it was not very dark.  I've volunteered myself to be a guinea pig and included the assembly after the eclipse happened but I have not seen one since so I have no idea if it works.  At the very least it has not crashed my game or gave me errors, yet...  But I guess I don't need to worry about that any more if you went to the trouble to recompile it.  All I really did was update the about.xml after I had realised that the weatherdefs were essentially identical thus safe to use.  Anyway if it is working, good job.

Helpful Bot

Yeah I went and recompiled it from scratch using a14 assembly and unity references.

I included the about xml, and weather defs xml from your upload. This very moment i'm editing the night colors as currently he has them set to basically 2 color stages of night (dusk and midnight) instead of the 3 its supposed to have (dusk night and midnight). should be done and uploaded after i'm done extensive testing (15-30min)

Helpful Bot

So its all done. Once I finished I realized that I've creatively changed his mod to the point where not a single bit of Viceroy's mod was left. Granted, all that means is that I use different colors in different situations than Viceroy did. I also used A14 weather definitions so my mod has different weather effects than this one does. An example being that i changed gentle snow accuracy reduction to 10% instead of 30% like he had. I mean i feel like i can see clearer during a flurry so yeah. Another such change is  fog accuracy reduction to 30% (20% is vanilla) instead of 60% and made foggy rain the worst @ 40%. I have made a whole mod out of it and released it on Steam workshop and gave credit to Viceroy and Cram for helping it come about.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=740930354

kaptain_kavern

Could you please put a released link here? For us who don't use the steamversion

Thanks in advance