[A15] Expanded Traits and Misc Mods

Started by TheFlameTouched, May 14, 2016, 03:06:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Are the Trait rolls about right?

No, Higher tier traits barely ever roll for me.
5 (29.4%)
No, I have too many Higher tier traits.
0 (0%)
Yes, It's just right
7 (41.2%)
Yes, I have lots of higher tier traits
0 (0%)
Whole system needs redoing
5 (29.4%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Voting closed: May 19, 2016, 02:51:04 PM

macked901

I haven't been able to get this mod to work or the traits are so rare I haven't seen them yet. I removed all mods but this one and still nothing. What am I doing wrong?

crusader2010

You need to make a new colony/world. For me it works with 80+ other mods,so it's ok.
My mod pack: {A13} Mod Mega Pack

macked901

joaonunes

Quote from: macked901 on May 19, 2016, 06:50:24 AM
Does it require CCL

Why would you not install CCL anyways? Now it has a minimap :D
Do you want your colonists to look manlier?
Get a free mustache sample here!

macked901

Quote from: joaonunes on May 19, 2016, 06:56:51 AM
Quote from: macked901 on May 19, 2016, 06:50:24 AM
Does it require CCL

Why would you not install CCL anyways? Now it has a minimap :D
was just reading that

TheFlameTouched

It doesn't need CCL but as has been said, use it anyways :p. Some of the traits are rare, but most are common, so its likely in need of a new colony at the very least. I'll check if I can reproduce it on myside to figure out exactly why.

joaonunes

The two rarest traits I've never seen them so far. Rare is rare :D 1 out of 5 is not rare xD

"TL":DR - Good trait rates!

TheFlameTouched

Well I'd hope you're not seeing commando on every other pawn, that would be a tragic way to die. The rimworlder one is a nod at the forums here where every other quote references the things we do to our pawns :p

joaonunes

And you hoped well :) I wouldnt like to be raided by 10 commandos xD even being attacked by one would be hard enough :P Good thing I never found any xD if I did I'd probably end up recruiting him/her anyways

deathstar

Can we get a list with all traits currently implemented?

Peppsen

I've actually just finished the Wiki page for this mod
More Traits

Near

I feel like some of the traits are more like backstory (namely Born Leader, Hero, Animal Lover). If you want to make something that change how skillful the pawn is, backstory is more suitable imo. trait is something that make you different among the others. Backstory is something that indicate how well you should be when you perform specific task because you have done sth related to it in the past.
Take a look at the animal lover trait. it makes pawn have +4 handling and -2 social. If you want to make a pawn who really love animal different from pawns who don't, i suggest you can make sth like this
Animal Lover
- +200% learning speed in handling
- Nuzzling animal give greater mood boost
- Have Negative Thought when eating meat
- When bonded animal die, pawn instantly go berserk. more severe mood drop and it takes longer to get over it

TheFlameTouched

In my original post I did say that some of them were more back stories than traits. This is due to me not being able to edit back stories. When I figure out how I will change it. However I do thank you for the suggestion!

joaonunes

Quote from: TheFlameTouched on May 19, 2016, 10:50:52 AM
In my original post I did say that some of them were more back stories than traits. This is due to me not being able to edit back stories. When I figure out how I will change it. However I do thank you for the suggestion!

SOME of them, yes. For example, Born Hero and Animal Lover aren't really backstories... People don't say "when I was young I decided to work as an animal lover/born hero" :P Not really part of the history of the person, more part of the person's characteristics, or traits.

Near

This mod will make your life easier  https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=18615.0 :P. sorry, didn't read your original post, usually when i go to the mod thread i just jump straight to the download link  ::)

Quote from: joaonunes on May 19, 2016, 10:56:10 AM

SOME of them, yes. For example, Born Hero and Animal Lover aren't really backstories... People don't say "when I was young I decided to work as an animal lover/born hero" :P Not really part of the history of the person, more part of the person's characteristics, or traits.

it's just a label. if you change to animal volunteer then it would look more like a backstory :)