Announcement: Alpha 14 and Steam Release

Started by milon, May 26, 2016, 06:04:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vaporisor

You know what that means.  Time to secretly enter her game when she gets up and change it to extreme randy random.
Stories by Vaporisor

Escaped convicts!
concluded
Altair XIII
Frozen Wastes

GhostPower

Quote from: Vaporisor on May 28, 2016, 09:32:24 PM
You know what that means.  Time to secretly enter her game when she gets up and change it to extreme randy random.

She might get herds and herds upon of cats.. Or maybe she'll get adorable wittle centipedes <3

Run away from the cats!

JimmyAgnt007

Id just like to quote someone from the PC Gamer comments section

Bowjo
"Inspired by Firefly?
You mean, it will never be finished? D:"

b0rsuk

Quote from: Vaporisor on May 28, 2016, 09:32:24 PM

Add her full name to the name banks, so she finds herself among colonists, raiders etc.

TheVoidDragon

From what i saw Factorio was put on Steam and did incredibly well, especially considering it's quite a niche game. I expect the same thing will happen with Rimworld, which would be great.

Jimmithesith

Awesome :D This game is bound to be a huge Early Access success!

I bought the game 18 october 2014 (i think it was 2014, it dosnt say the year on paypal) so i'm happy i'll get a key :D

Nitro1248

I'm not good with sales, but I think one of the crowning glories, well for the steamers, is how freaking moddable it is, as everyone loves mods, especially on a game that is really "vanilla" (not saying that in a bad way, just how realistic it is, as there's SO many little paths, perfect for mods)

Just my opinion, don't jump me, please...

Agent00Soul

Quote from: Nitro1248 on May 31, 2016, 12:53:16 PM
I'm not good with sales, but I think one of the crowning glories, well for the steamers, is how freaking moddable it is, as everyone loves mods, especially on a game that is really "vanilla" (not saying that in a bad way, just how realistic it is, as there's SO many little paths, perfect for mods)

Just my opinion, don't jump me, please...

he has an opinion. GET HIM!

Listen1

I failed to get Nitro1248 point, can someone clarify it to me?

cultist

Quote from: Flying Rockbass on June 01, 2016, 07:10:16 AM

Rimworld is set up for mods before Steam release and has an active modding community. He thinks this will help the game do well.

milon

Disagree.  I think RimWorld will do frickin' awesome!  ;)

Listen1

Quote from: cultist on June 01, 2016, 09:09:22 AM
Quote from: Flying Rockbass on June 01, 2016, 07:10:16 AM

Rimworld is set up for mods before Steam release and has an active modding community. He thinks this will help the game do well.

Thanks!

And Yeah, it will do Freaking awesome, because like an owl in night it takes their prey and keep them playing for over 50 hours...

That's a strange owl.

falcongrey

I feel, even  without the  awesome modding abilities and existing awesome mods, the  large and mostly helpful and friendly player base that already exists, the very well made and solid game that Rimworld is.... that this game would do well on Steam.

I feel this way because of the person that Tynan is and how he has chosen to build this game and present this game.

There is no 'hype' about features that 'could be' nor is there any promises of what may be. He simply sells the game as it is with what already is there and is up front, not everyone will like this kind of game.

I feel this is the reason Rimworld will survive the backlash it will endure on Steam when you get those who try to tare down its success because of what ever reason they feel the game should burn. Which half of the reasons often make no sense.
It matters not if we win or fail. It's that we stood and faced it.

ChimpX

Quote from: falcongrey on June 01, 2016, 01:53:35 PM
I feel this is the reason Rimworld will survive the backlash it will endure on Steam when you get those who try to tare down its success because of what ever reason they feel the game should burn. Which half of the reasons often make no sense.

I think Tynan should implement an in-game Raid event called the "Steam Troll": a giant steampunk-type construct that wanders into the playing area,  meanders aimlessly around spouting abusive, inflammatory gibberish, then, if you succeed in ignoring it, it eventually finds a dark, uninhabited, corner of the map, sits down and weeps lonely tears until it expires.

Then you can disassemble it for useful parts.

Listen1