[1.0/1.1] Talons Faction 1.95 (02/03/20 update) The I live update

Started by MarcTheMerc, May 29, 2016, 07:08:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarcTheMerc

New update added custom guns and would like feedback on balancing.
"So weird looking, like a twisted hulk of man and machine both scary and... well scary i mean it would look like a crab with limbs on limbs."

Yay i have a mod now ''https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=20513.0''; It adds mercs

asquirrel

MarcTheMerc

Quote from: asquirrel on September 11, 2016, 07:44:30 PM
Which file do I download for Alpha 15? Thanks!
there is a workshop link however Talons 1.5 is the latest version.
"So weird looking, like a twisted hulk of man and machine both scary and... well scary i mean it would look like a crab with limbs on limbs."

Yay i have a mod now ''https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=20513.0''; It adds mercs

ngcq1811

I cannot interact with the mercs via Comm. When I ordered my pawn to call them, the pawn just "Standing" there doing nothing for a few seconds.
Is the comm interaction not developed?

MarcTheMerc

Quote from: ngcq1811 on September 17, 2016, 06:54:42 AM
I cannot interact with the mercs via Comm. When I ordered my pawn to call them, the pawn just "Standing" there doing nothing for a few seconds.
Is the comm interaction not developed?
This was a bug it was fixed on the workshop version and i just now updated the forum version sorry.

bsjapones

I guess they dont build when they siege, had 2 sieges and i just hunt them while they were just wandering

MarcTheMerc

Quote from: bsjapones on September 26, 2016, 06:24:19 PM
I guess they dont build when they siege, had 2 sieges and i just hunt them while they were just wandering
Ill look into it.

asquirrel

Is this beast yours?  If so, it's gotta go man.  Way over powered, IMHO.

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

asquirrel

Hi Marc!

Thanks for the clarification on the removal of the EXO-19.  It's a cool unit but just way overpowered.  Maybe if you severely nerfed it it would a fine unit for variation. But it shouldn't spawn with the Scythers, it should be part of your merc team. So on a raid you might have to deal with it, but on other times it might be with a friendly merc team coming to visit your base.

Hey, if I re-add your mod will it show up on an existing game or do I need to start a new game?  Can you trade with these people or are they just there to visit?

MarcTheMerc

Quote from: asquirrel on October 08, 2016, 04:56:33 PM
Hi Marc!

Thanks for the clarification on the removal of the EXO-19.  It's a cool unit but just way overpowered.  Maybe if you severely nerfed it it would a fine unit for variation. But it shouldn't spawn with the Scythers, it should be part of your merc team. So on a raid you might have to deal with it, but on other times it might be with a friendly merc team coming to visit your base.

Hey, if I re-add your mod will it show up on an existing game or do I need to start a new game?  Can you trade with these people or are they just there to visit?
Its actually no where near ready for release its weapons are place holder and textures unfinished as such it hasnt been balanced yet. However it managed to sneak into the latest version which was fine until it decided to play with the mechs. To clarify it is a mercenary and will eventually spawn with the mercs as heavy fire surpport and meat shield.

and you can trade with the mercs and EXO-19 won't show up on existing save however if one them are already spawned in the save you should be able to kill with the kill command, word of warning in testing i have had to use the kill command more then once to kill them.

kaptain_kavern

Quote from: MarcTheMerc on July 30, 2016, 02:47:56 AM
Quote from: robotguy4 on July 29, 2016, 03:58:59 PM
Oh, that explains a lot.

I'm new to modding. Is there a way to change the size of the sprite without a DLL or would that require a DLL?

Now unfortunatly im not a 'textures guy' but i believe it would be as simple as resizing the texture unfortunatly, im not sure a pawn (colonist) can be retextured.

Hi marc !
I don't know if your still searching for this one but in the code for pawnkinddef in the part where you specify the sprite/texture path (with <texPath>) you have the ability to play with the value of a tag called <drawSize>. In fact that's how pawns have different size at different ages. If you set this to higher value your giant will be drawn bigger.

Also I tried to help someone on Reddit and it looks like traders from your faction cannot survive Ice Sheets apparently (and I recall we talked a bit about apparels/parka and pawn generation in a Help thread). So if I can help you out, i'm here

MarcTheMerc

Quote from: kaptain_kavern on October 16, 2016, 12:05:20 PM
Quote from: MarcTheMerc on July 30, 2016, 02:47:56 AM
Quote from: robotguy4 on July 29, 2016, 03:58:59 PM
Oh, that explains a lot.

I'm new to modding. Is there a way to change the size of the sprite without a DLL or would that require a DLL?

Now unfortunatly im not a 'textures guy' but i believe it would be as simple as resizing the texture unfortunatly, im not sure a pawn (colonist) can be retextured.

Hi marc !
I don't know if your still searching for this one but in the code for pawnkinddef in the part where you specify the sprite/texture path (with <texPath>) you have the ability to play with the value of a tag called <drawSize>. In fact that's how pawns have different size at different ages. If you set this to higher value your giant will be drawn bigger.

Also I tried to help someone on Reddit and it looks like traders from your faction cannot survive Ice Sheets apparently (and I recall we talked a bit about apparels/parka and pawn generation in a Help thread). So if I can help you out, i'm here
Thank you however yes I have figured this out its just on the backburner behind the EXO-19. Furthermore i will look into the ice sheets issue.

jmababa

Is this conflict with medival times mod which adds a tribal war band that's more dangerous than any of your factions as I've seen my friend play

MarcTheMerc

Quote from: jmababa on October 17, 2016, 05:32:37 AM
Is this conflict with medival times mod which adds a tribal war band that's more dangerous than any of your factions as I've seen my friend play
It shouldn't do but my best advice is try it and let me know.

deadlydullahan

Hey just wanted to let you know I'm getting a lot of errors from the Twisseler Mech (not game breaking but a bit annoying since it floods the debug repetitievly), I haven't tried testing the mod alone yet but from the looks of it the mech keeps trying to interact with things (ex. billard table, the mech was probably trying to increase it's joy even though it doesnt have any) and keeps throwing errors saying it keeps trying to go to sleep but doesn't require sleep, etc. I'm doubting it's a mod conflict but I'll try to reproduce the errors with no other mods enabled and see.