[1.0] RedistHeat (Oct 29, v50) Ported to 1.0

Started by Morgloz, July 19, 2016, 02:19:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

titanjones

Quote from: moonra on July 12, 2017, 10:53:22 PM
I'm getting a constant

Exception ticking RedistHeat_DuctIntake197237: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at RedistHeat.Building_DuctComp.Equalize () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RedistHeat.Building_DuctComp.Tick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.TickList.Tick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Verse.Log:Error(String)
Verse.TickList:Tick()
Verse.TickManager:DoSingleTick()
Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate()
Verse.Game:UpdatePlay()
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

RedistHeat: DuctOutlet count 432 pushers 16 pullers 16 force 4 result 4.523601
Verse.Log:Message(String)
RedistHeat.Building_DuctComp:Equalize()
RedistHeat.Building_DuctComp:Tick()
Verse.TickList:Tick()
Verse.TickManager:DoSingleTick()
Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate()
Verse.Game:UpdatePlay()
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

spam on the debug log when I set heaters to network. I had a few Smart Outputs connected to the network but it wasn't working, so I read that you need an Input to generate flow, so when I added it that spam started.

same issue. Had 3 multipurpose coolers, 2 intake vents with flow between 16 and 34, hooked up to a network and arouond 5 or 6 smart outputs and suddenly got a heat wave and the whole system which worked for 2 years went to shit. This error kept popping up until i deleted my entire cooling system. I couldnt figure it out. Closed/opened all output vents, no change. added another mulitipurpose cooler, no change. Added more intakes no change. I just deleted everything and wasted money just using vanilla cooling. Much easier/but more wasteful, but at least bug is gone. I love this mod, but it just doesnt work. Hvaent tried the industrial coolers.

Actarion

hello Morgloz and thanks for the mod ! being able to heat up (or cool down) a big room whit less than 40 heater is really helpfull  ;D

but, i have some trouble whit the duct system ???. I have run some test, and discovered that it's more efficience (rougly double the temperature :o) to heat up a room whit industrial heater, then push that hot air in the duct network trough intake than directly connecting that same heater to the network.

I found that a bit weird, isn't it more logical to directly connect the heater to duct network ? or did i really miss something during my test ?
I belive it's due to the air temperature behing cold before the heater, but, it's, a weird way of work IMO.

anyway, thanks for the mod :) ! And sorry for bad eng :s

sirgzu

I tried connecting a duct intake to a duct outlet with pipes and they all look wonky (even though they're all located in a straight line, the pipe graphics orientation are random) and flow is set to 0. I guess it's not working right?

lperkins2

Quote from: sirgzu on October 11, 2017, 11:26:53 AM
I tried connecting a duct intake to a duct outlet with pipes and they all look wonky (even though they're all located in a straight line, the pipe graphics orientation are random) and flow is set to 0. I guess it's not working right?

Did you by chance install the mod in an existing game?  It has issues if you do that, there was a fix (editing the save file), but I don't remember the details.

Sadaharu

Hi, any chance this mod gets an update for B18?.

Morgloz

My mods:
RedistHeat

deathstar

Mst

Is it safe to start without RedistHeat and add it later?

Canute

JinxVanAshke

I wonder if you might be having the same wall destroy bug that a few other mods were having Invisible Conduits and a few others and they mentioned this line of code fixing the problem...I am prolly an idiot for even poking my nose in this but, figured better look like an idiot than not try to help at all.

Quote from: Antaios on November 22, 2017, 09:25:27 PM
Thanks for this update! Was waiting for these to come out.   ;D

Still having some issues when it comes to building them on custom walls, although, this time around vents & coolers will be built... at the cost of the wall being deconstructed first.  :P No go when you put the wall blueprints back either, because pawns will deconstruct the vent/coolers to rebuild the wall. Not sure why that happens, even if I use the vanilla bases & tags for my own wall defs it's still the same deal, but I guess I'll stick with God mode-ing them in for those modded-in walls or use the default walls instead for those, no biggie...

EDIT: Figured it out! (Because another mod that I used & just updated the version to had this same issue of deconstructing walls before construction):     

<clearBuildingArea>false</clearBuildingArea>

In order for Better Coolers/Vents to work with custom walls, this line needed to be added to the defs for the coolers/vents to prevent pawns from being silly and destroying the walls altogether. :D

lance_hardwood

F

Mst

Quote from: lance_hardwood on January 04, 2018, 05:37:47 AM

F

Was so excited when I saw notification on the thread update in my mail.

Ramsis

Quote from: lance_hardwood on January 04, 2018, 05:37:47 AM

F

Don't wake up a thread to pay respects schmuck.
Ugh... I have SO MANY MESSES TO CLEAN UP. Oh also I slap people around who work on mods <3

"Back off man, I'm a scientist."
- Egon Stetmann

Awoo~

lance_hardwood

Harry_Dicks