[1.0] SeedsPlease!

Started by notfood, August 16, 2016, 01:39:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stigma

I don't use seeds please myself yet - but I guess the first thing you should do is make sure it's really a bug/problem, or if  you have just not been lucky to find the item due to random chance.

Use the devmode tools "replace all trade ships" to quickly cycle in new traders and check their inventory. After a few minutes of this you should be able to say pretty strongly if the items are appearing on traders as they should. If they aren't, make as detailed a bug report as you can.

And of course, if it turns out its broken and not spawning into the world correctly, you can work around that by deleting a bit of silver and spawning in handful of beans to start your crops - pretend you bought it :D

-Stigma

Canute

<defName>RawCoffee</defName>
<label>useless coffee beans</label>
<description>useless coffee beans. nothing to do but sell them. how you even got them is a mystery. remove on next alpha.</description>

That entry is coming from VG, and since these entry use the RawCoffee it get used for seeds, the useable coffee beans are <defName>CPD_CoffeeBeans</defName>

superscenic

Hi. Forgive me if this has been answered before.

I have started a new game with lots of mods and vegetable garden. I don't have seeds for vanilla crops like Potatoes and cotton. Do I have to buy vanilla crops first and then extract the seeds at the plant processing bench?

I'm asking because I am a still a way from forming caravans and will need crops for pemmican and cloth to progress. The "wild" plants on the map do drop seeds.

Much obliged.

notfood

You can either buy them from the trader or extract the seeds if you get the fruits.

faltonico

Hi there!
Are we supposed get seeds for a certain number of sowing/reaping cycles?
Is it that or something is happening to my crops, i have plenty of seeds in stock and suddenly i notice my fields are empty, i ran out of seeds to sow.

There is no animal allowed to go near the seeds, because i have seen that some can eat seeds on the the info tab, and only my best grower is allowed to harvest and it is level 15, i use worktab to separate sowing from harvesting.
There is no cold snaps nor blights and still, my fields eventually get empty.

Is it that a level 15 can't guarantee a seed on harvest? i have seen it do that so far.

Chaos17

Hi,

I tried your mod and I think it would be nice to have a notification somewhere that you've no seed to plant or least let you know how many seed you've have of a plant. If there is already a notification please forgive my ignorance because I couldn't found it.

I combined it with another mod that let harvest cotton in wildlife with other farmable seeds, was cool.

Boundir

Quote from: Dark_Inquisitor on June 23, 2017, 02:57:28 PM
Quote from: onerous1 on June 22, 2017, 09:30:23 AM
I've just tested it and Dark_Inquisitor is right. I only chop down trees when they are 95% or higher. You do get more seeds if you use the tool in the Orders tab instead of clicking the tree first and clicking the chop tree button afterward. I've chopped many mature trees using the latter method and never received seeds. When I switched to using the Ordered tab button then I receive seeds regardless of the maturity of the tree. However, I haven't tested this with just Seeds Please so I don't know if it's a mod conflict.
I tested it in the dev mode (20 growing skill), one method was giving seeds every time, the other was not.
I'm pretty sure it's one of the quirks of the designation tools :S

Got that one too. I think the work type is different whereas you use the order thing to chop wood (it will be growing job) or select tree then chop (plant cut) and I believe that's why we don't get seeds.

Ynemo

hey,

i am looking way to rebalance seeds prices. Cant find it in mod files. Could someone help?
Banana seeds market value is 770 each. Looks like it should be 77? I am playing early cannibal colony and 20 banana seeds cost like 20% of all my colony value.

Boundir

Quote from: Ynemo on August 13, 2017, 01:06:54 AM
hey,

i am looking way to rebalance seeds prices. Cant find it in mod files. Could someone help?
Banana seeds market value is 770 each. Looks like it should be 77? I am playing early cannibal colony and 20 banana seeds cost like 20% of all my colony value.

Yup, noticed that price for seeds are higher than price for raw stuff. I feel like it should be the opposite.
I've checked the xml and found in \SeedsPlease\Defs\ThingDefs\Items_Seeds_Base.xml

<SeedsPlease.SeedDef Name="SeedBase" ParentName="ResourceBase" Abstract="True">
  <thingClass>SeedsPlease.Seed</thingClass>
  <label>unspecified seed</label>
  <description>These are genetically engineered seeds capable of thriving in a wide range of alien environments over multiple generations.</description>
  <graphicData>
    <texPath>Things/Item/Seeds/Seeds</texPath>
    <graphicClass>Graphic_StackCount</graphicClass>
  </graphicData>
  <statBases>
    <MaxHitPoints>15</MaxHitPoints>
    <Mass>0.015</Mass>
    <Flammability>1.0</Flammability>
    <DeteriorationRate>1</DeteriorationRate>
    <MarketValue>0</MarketValue>
    <SellPriceFactor>0.01</SellPriceFactor>
  </statBases>
  <soundInteract>Grain_Drop</soundInteract>
  <soundDrop>Grain_Drop</soundDrop>
  <thingCategories>
    <li>SeedsCategory</li>
  </thingCategories>
  <tradeTags>
    <li>Seeds</li>
  </tradeTags>
  <seed>
    <harvestFactor>1.0</harvestFactor>
    <seedFactor>1.0</seedFactor>
    <baseChance>0.95</baseChance>
    <extraChance>0.15</extraChance>
  </seed>
  <stackLimit>500</stackLimit>
</SeedsPlease.SeedDef>

Change \statBases\MarketValue to X (I tried 1 and Potatoes seed are sold 1.44 and meat 2.88) and you're done for every seed except for :

• Cotton - Seed 11.2 - Raw 2.5
  • Devilstrand - Seed 19.7 - Raw 4.4
  • Healroot - Seed 14.3 - Raw 2.6
For seeds it's in \SeedsPlease\Defs\ThingDefs\Items_Seeds_Production.xml.
For raw it's in \SeedsPlease\Defs\ThingDefs\Items_Resource.xml

NB: As for Bananas I think it's from another mod (VG?). If the def is made like this you shouldn't have to modify anything from VG.
  <SeedsPlease.SeedDef ParentName="SeedBase">
    <defName>SeedPotato</defName>
    <label>potato seeds</label>
    <plant>PlantPotato</plant>
  </SeedsPlease.SeedDef>

The13thRonin

Is it possible to give individual descriptions to each type of seed or must all seeds share the same description?

I'd like to put some yield and fertility information in each seed.

Blaze

Is there a way to fully uninstall the mod from a saved game?
I'm using both Seeds Please! and Vegetable Garden and the Addon.
The mod is amazigly immersive, but i've been struggling to get cotton and cloth.
Wild cotton plants would be really helpfull, as medicine depends exclusively on it.

Boundir

Quote from: Blaze on September 08, 2017, 02:40:07 PM
Is there a way to fully uninstall the mod from a saved game?
I'm using both Seeds Please! and Vegetable Garden and the Addon.
The mod is amazigly immersive, but i've been struggling to get cotton and cloth.
Wild cotton plants would be really helpfull, as medicine depends exclusively on it.

Wild Cultivation might help there.

Xiyn

Edit: I solved the problem.  It was an incompatibility with Achtung.  Planting works as intended now with it removed.

Headshotkill

Is there an addon somewhere to gives seeds to vanilla wild crops, such as agave?

bigheadzach

I want to say I've seen agave seeds in play, but since agave isn't coded to be planted (like raspberry bushes), I'm not sure there's anything you can do with them right now...