[1.3] Rimatomics | Rimefeller

Started by Dubwise, August 28, 2016, 06:51:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

f0xhunt

It's great that rimatomic supports combat extended. However, I found an enormous balance issue. Sythamide is balanced to be between hyperweave and devilstrand. Combat extended nerfs the hell out of them so they have sharp values of 44% and 52%, but sythamide has 160%. This is obviously ridiciously broken especially since combat extended changes the armor system and ammo is balanced around those values. It basically makes dusters close to the value of armor vests. I didn't realize this issue until I accidently made hyperweave hats and noticed they sucked for armor.

Anyway, I am going to add a small patch to fit synthamide to be between combat extended's hyperweave and devilstrand. That's if I figure out how to.

Edit: I did some small testing. I had one guy spray another guy in sythmide duster. With an Ak12 firing 5.45x39, he couldn't penetrate his armor. I know kevlar is effective at stopping bullets but it's not at all going to stop rifle bullets.

Edit2: Made the patch. Surprisingly easy. I just made the values right between hyperweave and devilstrand. It doesn't have code to check if Rimefeller is installed but that's a concern for Combat Extend. I'll move my discussion to their thread.

IceAero

Quote from: f0xhunt on February 16, 2019, 10:15:19 PM
I found an enormous balance issue. Sythamide is balanced to be between hyperweave and devilstrand. Combat extended nerfs the hell out of them so they have sharp values of 44% and 52%, but sythamide has 160%. This is obviously ridiciously broken especially since combat extended changes the armor system and ammo is balanced around those values.

HA, I noticed this last week too!  I was making everyone hyperweave buttondowns to improve their armor, but ran out so I made some with sythamide...and noticed that it was outrageously better.  No way that was intended...made 10 more anyway :D

f0xhunt

Am I supposed to burn through 10kw of power every time I fire the marauder? I can't fill up the batteries up fast enough to keep up with the cool down.

christianmc1101

Can you make an automatic Biofuel refinery where you just need to Put in the plant Matter you want to refine?
Mein Lieblingswort: My favorite word:
Bundespräsidentenstichwahlwiederholungsverschiebung

Canute

With these 2 mods ? No.
You can use
Project RimFactory together with
Industrial Rollers
to setup automated productions.

But Rimefeller you can get oil from the ground, pipe it to the refinery, connect that to the generators. And you can even get extra chemfuel and other building mats from it.

christianmc1101

That was a suggestion, not a question. I know that this mod can´t do this ;)
Mein Lieblingswort: My favorite word:
Bundespräsidentenstichwahlwiederholungsverschiebung

IceAero

Quote from: Dubwise on February 12, 2019, 11:35:04 AM
Pushed updates for Rimefeller and Rimatomics.

Rimatomics:
Added multiplayer support.
Added gore to marauder and punisher hits.
Increased armour penetration on marauder and punisher.

Using these weapons with Combat Extended still doesn't feel right...They are doing very little damage to Centipedes (less than 10% per shot).

I'm not sure if this is just an issue with the CE integration, or if maybe this is actually intended.  I have no idea how powerful they 'should' be in the CE-universe, but presumably it's more than that.

f0xhunt

Quote from: IceAero on February 23, 2019, 01:36:12 PM
Quote from: Dubwise on February 12, 2019, 11:35:04 AM
Pushed updates for Rimefeller and Rimatomics.

Rimatomics:
Added multiplayer support.
Added gore to marauder and punisher hits.
Increased armour penetration on marauder and punisher.

Using these weapons with Combat Extended still doesn't feel right...They are doing very little damage to Centipedes (less than 10% per shot).

I'm not sure if this is just an issue with the CE integration, or if maybe this is actually intended.  I have no idea how powerful they 'should' be in the CE-universe, but presumably it's more than that.

I have the same experience. This shouldn't be the case. RPGs and LAWs do significantly more damage than the Marauder. The marauder is suppose to be shooting plasma which melts everything. Every if a single burst kills a centipede, I think it would be balanced by the cooldown.

I can understand why they are underpowered right now. Balance is hard and it takes a while for something to feel right.

Bunkier

Do you plan to add option to get nuked as an event to your Rimatomics mod? It would be cool.

Canute

You want be nuked ? It it would be a bit realistic, it is game over for you, except you maybe got a mountain base.
Even a smaller nuke would destroy anything on your map.
When you want some tought bombard, try out the Orassan race mod, and made the Orassan your enemy. They will launch orbital bomb at you ! :-)

Bunkier

I mean, the option for being nuked could be enabled in options or i don't know, only when you initiate it by comms or something like that to prevent being nuked as tribals or without a tech that lets you destroy incoming missles.

aemeyer

I just FINALLY got done with a proper Rimatomics playthrough (everyone that wasn't a devoted ally was turned to ash and dust) and now I have get to start all over, with another great step in the process.
Thank you so much.

Jiro

"Incoming missile" flies backwards and makes a hilariously small explosion. It also comes up twice in dev mode. Not sure if it's my problem or something wrong with the mod.

Riddle78

Quote from: sma342 on February 27, 2019, 12:05:17 PM
Do you plan to add option to get nuked as an event to your Rimatomics mod? It would be cool.

If hostile factions get their mitts on nukes,and point them at you,then I think an Antimissile System would need to be implemented,first. Because,as noted; A single nuke would wipe out an entire map,and since nukes are airburst weapons,you won't even need to see them on your map.

Also,relating to the other mod here; In Rimefeller's config options,the Fuel-to-Crude ratio. For me,it's currently set at 5-to-1. Does this mean five Chemfuel is made from one Crude,or the other way around?

Commander Beanbag

Hey, I'm using Combat Extended and Rimefeller together. I noticed CE creates some new stuff categories while also patching out the vanilla ones from most crafting recipes. Example, melee weapons use the new "Metallic_Weapon" category, and armor uses "Steeled". This makes Synth Composite rather useless, only for spike traps and basic structures. Is there anything that can be done on Rimefeller's end or does the fix have to be a patch on CE's end?