[1.0] Faction Discovery (updated 28.10.2018)

Started by Orion, August 29, 2016, 09:10:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Commander Blackwatch

Very Useful mod and also the hippie faction is helpful
Maximum is 20 or not for faction?

Average : 8.1/10

P.S : Very Helpful mod and Keep good work
"When we hunt, we kill!
No one is safe!
Nothing is sacred!
We are Blackwatch!
We are the last line of defense!
We will burn our own to hold the red line,
it is the last line to ever hold!"
―The Blackwatch

Orion

It's 20, but you can change it in the scenario editor.

OnlyMarvellous

Thanks a lot for this excellent mod.

I'm waiting for the hippie camp to send an ally with good stats onto my map. I'm going to kill anyone they are with and then capture the good one for recruitment. I came to this decision because the hippies keep sending me their drug caravan and I simply do not need drugs. I'd rather one of the other factions send me an exotic goods caravan or a bulk caravan, but these hippies are just too eager to bring me drugs, hahaha. Don't take this as a criticism or a complaint, because it's not. I just thought I'd let you know that I'm going to assault your hippies for being too friendly. Oh and, again, great mod.
Run away!

Orion

Oh, don't worry, they won't hold a grudge for very long  ;D

Canute

Hey Orion,
i think any storyteller got some trouble with the faction.
It is just a feeling but,
i played now serveral colonies with different mod faction mods.
At the beginning it happen sometimes more events then i would be good for the colony.
But game years later, after serveral new faction got discovered, the amount of raids from them stoped.
Currently i just get visitors and maybe one a year a infestion or crashed ship.
I never changed the storyteller.
But like i wrote before this happen now to the last 3 colonies i played, and it get bored when you are well prepared and no raids happen.
Maybe it might be a generell problem with the storytellers at all, but i tryed different ones for diff. colonies too.

Orion

Thanks for reporting this. It could be. Could I see your output_log.txt?

Canute

A fresh log.

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

Orion

How long did you play that session when you made the log?

It should be long enough that some incidents can have happened.

Also, some mod is spamming your console with Null messages. Very annoying.

Canute

Yes, the last log just was a 1 sec gameplay log.
Murphy's law, all the time no raids happen, and now 2 raids and one more from an anomaly encounter.

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

Orion

It can all be chance... Which also makes it very hard for me to balance it right...

Canute

Yep i know i know, Mr. Murphy Random.
Just keep it like it is, and wait for the Wave survivial storyteller :-)

Warforyou

I have the same problem. No raids ever happen with this mod.

tonsrd

im using story teller Pandora dark ( from the mod Pandora dark in un-finshed mods section )

PD adds large raids every X Days.. and sabbers/sieges every XY days

Theres a 2nd story teller in the mod there that adds "normal" size raids very often and sometimes 2-5 raids at the same time try it....

can someone more skilled than me try this mod withthat mod to get increased "raids" to see if there having the same problems with no raids...

wave isn't update yet ... :(

Warforyou

Edit.
I didn't actually mean that NO RAIDS happen at all. Mechanoid raids still occur. But no hostile faction ever attacks my colony. And I have actually discovered only +2 factions over 2 YEARS of gameplay. So far I had 4 known factions 2 of wich were hostile but still haven't ever attacked me.

Orion

It does sound like it's bugged for you. I couldn't reproduce the problem.