[1.0] Faction Discovery (updated 28.10.2018)

Started by Orion, August 29, 2016, 09:10:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Canute

I think he mean restart.
But wasn't the cap at 20 faction without editing the file ?

Orion

Right now it will check at load and create 1 or 2 factions per missing faction type. So if you have 10 faction types installed you could get 18 factions.
But it shouldn't get more, it only creates them when they're not in your world.

lllMWNlll

Hey Orion.

https://gist.github.com/249c4e31d25cc6b9581a17c496a00923

I'm testing a lot of mods together checking their compatibility.

I just added your mods (faction discovery, hospitality) to the list, the link above you see details, also a send PrintScreen. So you can tell me what to do. :)

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

Orion

Looks like an old version of Faction Discovery. Did you delete the folder before updating it?

lllMWNlll

Quote from: Orion on January 14, 2017, 05:05:48 AM
Looks like an old version of Faction Discovery. Did you delete the folder before updating it?

I don't know why,
But i did deleted mod folders, download it again both Hospitality & Faction Discovery mods "extracted&copied&pasted" in mods of rimworld and looks like it's working now.

Thanks for the help.

TerrorThomasCao

Sorry if this answer is already some where in the seven pages of comments but I'm pressed for time currently so can someone tell me how I can manually trigger the faction discovery event, I have a lot of new faction mods and I could just savescum until I get the ones I want?

Orion

It's not part of this mod anymore, since A16. I haven't had time yet to add back all the A15 functionality. So no additional factions will spawn, except for when a mod really requires bases for its faction.

TerrorThomasCao

I see, hmm... that kind of sucks but I'll manage, thanks Orion. Is there any chance of you adding that in?

Pichu0102

Does this mod add new bases for existing factions who are low on bases due to their bases being destroyed by the player?

Mst

Very handy mod! Looking forward to test it.
Can someone please explain what hidden faction means? No camp on the map but raids and visitors to your base?
So far I've got several added factions from the start and some of them neither have camps nor visited me once (could be due to randomness though).

Mst

Got this when I tried to add Crystalloids:

Created faction for Crystal collective

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 42)

RandomElementByWeight with totalWeight=0 - use TryRandomElementByWeight.

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 42)

Exception from long event: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at RimWorld.ApparelUtility.CanWearTogether (Verse.ThingDef A, Verse.ThingDef B) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.PawnApparelGenerator+PossibleApparelSet.PairOverlapsAnything (ThingStuffPair pair) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.PawnApparelGenerator+<GenerateWorkingPossibleApparelSetFor>c__AnonStorey2CF.<>m__251 (ThingStuffPair pa) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.PawnApparelGenerator+<GenerateWorkingPossibleApparelSetFor>c__AnonStorey2CF.<>m__252 (ThingStuffPair pa) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Linq.Enumerable+<CreateWhereIterator>c__Iterator1D`1[RimWorld.ThingStuffPair].MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Linq.Enumerable.Any[ThingStuffPair] (IEnumerable`1 source) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.PawnApparelGenerator.GenerateWorkingPossibleApparelSetFor (Verse.Pawn pawn, Single money, Boolean headwearAllowed) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.PawnApparelGenerator.GenerateStartingApparelFor (Verse.Pawn pawn, PawnGenerationRequest request) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at AlienRace.AlienPawnGenerator.GenerateGearFor (Verse.Pawn pawn, PawnGenerationRequest request) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at AlienRace.AlienPawnGenerator.GeneratePawn (PawnGenerationRequest request) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.Faction.GenerateNewLeader () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.FactionGenerator.NewGeneratedFaction (RimWorld.FactionDef facDef) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at FactionDiscovery.MainUtilities.EnsureAllFactionsArePresent () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at FactionDiscovery.MainUtilities.CheckFactions () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.LongEventHandler.UpdateCurrentSynchronousEvent (System.Boolean& sceneChanged) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

TerrorThomasCao

I have a lot of different races like the Asari and including Crystalloids, I added them before downloading this one though, could that affect it?

Orion

@TerrorThomas: There is a chance of me adding it in, but right now I'm a bit burned out on RimWorld modding. I made sure all my mods work and are useful in A16 first, but now I'm stuck. Also I haven't had much free time lately either.
@Pichu: It doesn't. But there is a chance that if you completely wipe a faction out that a new one will spawn all over the globe. I haven't sufficiently tested wiping out all enemy bases.
@Kurt: That's right. Hidden factions like space pirates or mechanoids. You can't destroy their bases because there are none, but they can still attack you. If a regular faction doesn't have any bases it sounds like something went wrong.
What the error means you're getting is that FD tries to create the faction and a faction leader, but RimWorld can't find any matching clothes for the faction leader so the whole operation breaks. I haven't tried that mod myself but I can imagine why Crystalloids have trouble finding clothes.
@TerrorThomas again: Could it affect what? The order of adding doesn't matter - the order in the mod list does, though. Although it shouldn't matter with this mod.

Mst

@Orion Thanks for quick answer! In Crystalloid there is all in one mod so nothing is missing in terms of files. So it's ok to leave them naked or should I disable mod for the sake of stability? ;D

upd
Without Crystalloids everything went fine except this message: Type ModInitializer probably needs a StaticConstructorOnStartup attribute, because it has a field obj of type GameObject. All assets must be loaded in the main thread.
Verse.Log:Warning(String)
Verse.StaticConstructorOnStartupUtility:ReportProbablyMissingAttributes()
Verse.PlayDataLoader:<DoPlayLoad>m__6F8()
Verse.LongEventHandler:ExecuteToExecuteWhenFinished()
Verse.LongEventHandler:UpdateCurrentAsynchronousEvent()
Verse.LongEventHandler:LongEventsUpdate(Boolean&)
Verse.Root:Update()
Verse.Root_Entry:Update()

Canute

Kurt, maybe you use old version ?
I use crystalloids and faction disc. too and don't got problems/error.

Did you maybe add Faction discovery to an existing game ? In the past that was possible, but i am not sure if this is currently working.