[1.0] Faction Discovery (updated 28.10.2018)

Started by Orion, August 29, 2016, 09:10:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orion

Nah, it won't. The Steam A17 version is ready, though, so hopefully the update will be here today too.

kaptain_kavern

MechanoidHater

kaptain_kavern

It is already.

The dropbox link has been updated 3 days ago (at least that's what the dropbox site is showing)

Orion

Sorry, my bad. I forgot to update the front page.

MercuryDoll

Is there a way to make this mod take into account the rules set by [RF] Faction Control? It just seems to spawn faction bases randomly all over the place instead of close together to each other, and ignores the amount of tribes it's supposed to spawn per faction.

Orion

It should be possible, but it's quite some work. Given that I've never heard of the other mod I'm not exactly prepared for it.

I've added it to the list, but given what else is on that list, I wouldn't hold my breath.

Ruisuki

would it be possible to make your reserve custom characters from prepare carefully into a faction so you can recruit them aside from just the beginning of the game?

Orion

I guess so, but I think the problem would be that the garbage collection mod will just delete them.
But this falls in the domain of Prepare Carefully.

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: Orion on February 16, 2018, 05:32:49 PM
I guess so, but I think the problem would be that the garbage collection mod will just delete them.
I believe the mod will only clear out world pawns when you tell it to. Plus, you would be stuck waiting, to hopefully get visited or raided by this new faction, and hope that this new pawn comes along, and that you have a chance to recruit and/or capture them. Honestly at this point, if you want a new specific pawn in your game that much, why not just get a random pawn of that race, and then modify them with another mod. There's quite a few mods out there that will let you alter the appearance and/or traits of pawns. I can think of: Facial Stuff, Change Dresser, and RIMMSQol.

You guys seriously need to check out this mod. It only has 467 subscribers. I am not joking when I say this let's you modify SO MUCH FREAKING STUFF IN THE GAME. I can't even begin to describe it all. You can change thoughts, their modifiers, recipes, attributes, apparel's layers and coverings, add/hide/remove tons of stuff in the UI. Honestly, I can't believe I haven't seen or heard of this before. I think it is freaking crazy it has <500 subscribers. http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1084452457

Quote from: Orion on February 16, 2018, 05:32:49 PM
But this falls in the domain of Prepare Carefully.
Right, because actually setting up a pawn with it's hair, clothing, attributes, backstories, and whatever else can be a bit much, and you will need an interface to do this. Now, it is possible to make individual characters with PC and they just save as a .pcp file that you can edit with a text editor. I'm not even suggesting you should do this, but it would be entirely possible to have a mod that could inject a character config into the game as a pawn of another faction. How much work this is and/or how hard it would be to implement, I have not a clue.

Orion

Looks like a useful mod indeed, especially for modders to quickly set up testing scenarios or to try out ideas.

Garbage Collection will get rid of "unconnected" pawns when you run it, especially from random other factions. But yeah, you don't have to run it.
But then, if you wanted to have those extra pawns in your group straight away you could just use prepare carefully and be done with it.

Reedex

Hi, Orion Faction weapon does no damage.... i'm using cca 30 mods, with CE...any elaboration ? :))) thanks nice day

Canute

This mod don't do anything with weapon.
It just let you discover faction you added during gameplay.
If a faction don't do damage, you need a CE patch for these faction or weapon pack.

Reedex

Forgive my stupid question ,where is orion faction from? is it vanilla?