[A16] Deep Core Miner (+addons) (UD:1/13/16) - An End Game Resource Solution

Started by theubie, September 01, 2016, 07:38:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dugalle900

Quote from: Ouan on March 09, 2016, 10:33:20 PM
I see that the rumors that Skullywag modded himself to death were greatly exaggerated.

ExiledAlchemist

I made some addons for the mod to help add support for CorePanda, Powerless!, and Industrialisation. You can download the collection here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/yty0q3y606jsnt3/Deep%20Core%20Miner%20Addons.zip?dl=0

Please note that you will need to make sure to remove all active/suspended bills you currently have listed in the Core Miner, and save before installing these addons. Not doing so can cause a save error. I leave these addons in the hands of theubie to do as he sees fit with them. I made these addons not only for myself, but for anyone that wanted to see these mods supported that didn't know how to create the xml files for them. Enjoy the addons, and have fun.  :D
Excuse the gloom, but non may know of this meeting.

theubie

Quote from: ExiledAlchemist on September 23, 2016, 11:02:54 AM
I made some addons for the mod to help add support for CorePanda, Powerless!, and Industrialisation. You can download the collection here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/yty0q3y606jsnt3/Deep%20Core%20Miner%20Addons.zip?dl=0

Please note that you will need to make sure to remove all active/suspended bills you currently have listed in the Core Miner, and save before installing these addons. Not doing so can cause a save error. I leave these addons in the hands of theubie to do as he sees fit with them. I made these addons not only for myself, but for anyone that wanted to see these mods supported that didn't know how to create the xml files for them. Enjoy the addons, and have fun.  :D

That's awesome.  You absolutely have my blessing to create a new post and release them to everyone.  You deserve the credit for doing the work.  If you are too shy, when I am done with the new planned features (From my blog) I'll find a way to work it into the main post here.

ExiledAlchemist

Quote from: theubie on September 23, 2016, 11:12:36 AM
That's awesome.  You absolutely have my blessing to create a new post and release them to everyone.  You deserve the credit for doing the work.  If you are too shy, when I am done with the new planned features (From my blog) I'll find a way to work it into the main post here.

It's not that I'm shy it's just that I don't have the time to keep a mod updated thus is why I leave what I have done in your care for the future. I will however create a new post for these addons and re-upload them as separate downloads to make it easier for others to pick what addons they need in the future. I'll also make sure to link back to this post and give you credit as well.

EDIT: Added the post for the addons they can be found here: https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=26355.0
Excuse the gloom, but non may know of this meeting.

RommePawn

Would it be possible to keep drilling progress when people leave the drill? alternatively you could make the work time alot shorter and scale the output back as-well, and note in your post that the drill should be set to drop on ground as I assume that can't be set to default. If it can then good. The problem is when people go to use it and something needs to be done while they are half way though.

theubie

The drill uses the standard recipe system, not the game's deep core drill code.  I will play around and see if I can possibly use the code they use for things like clothing and weapons, but then it would have to deal with those nasty "unfinished" items.  If I can come up with an elegant solution to that, I'll look into implementing it.

As for output and time, those are all configured in the XML files.  If you want, you can definitely edit the ones in your mod folder to suit your tastes.  It will obviously be overwritten when the mod is update, but that is the beauty of the way defs are handled...anyone with a text editor can change things to suit their needs.

The drill doesn't need to be set to drop.  I was just mentioning that if you happen to have scaled up the factors of the scenario to ridiculous epic proportions you can end up having your miner holding thousands of units of the material they are pulling up, which if it's set to drop at a stock pile will cause the miner to run around for a long time dropping little 75 unit piles, or if you set it to drop on the ground, it makes a massive circle of 75 unit piles around the mining machine.

RommePawn

Quote from: theubie on October 18, 2016, 12:11:18 AM
As for output and time, those are all configured in the XML files.  If you want, you can definitely edit the ones in your mod folder to suit your tastes.

I after reading that I then changed it from 5k work to 200 and products 25 to 1 thus keeping the same ratio. Worked like a charm. Although the 20 mining person I had work on it was getting 3 per job, I'm wondering if the lower number is cheesing it to be higher. Solution could be just to increase it alittle, maybe 1000 per 5.

The drill doesn't need to be set to drop.

Umm, they haul the product away if you don't. I was saying that reducing both the work and output would give the same output over time but just in smaller increments ie 200 work per 1 steel as said above. And that this would create the problem that they would haul every single thing. After testing they infact do haul the 1-3 they mine. Hence dropping in that case would be recommended.

I'm thinking I wasn't too clear with my reply before. Maybe the issue was my use of the word "scale".

theubie

Quote from: RommePawn on October 18, 2016, 12:37:35 AM
As for output and time, those are all configured in the XML files.  If you want, you can definitely edit the ones in your mod folder to suit your tastes.

I after reading that I then changed it from 5k work to 200 and products 25 to 1 thus keeping the same ratio. Worked like a charm. Although the 20 mining person I had work on it was getting 3 per job, I'm wondering if the lower number is cheesing it to be higher. Solution could be just to increase it alittle, maybe 1000 per 5.

The drill doesn't need to be set to drop.

Umm, they haul the product away if you don't. I was saying that reducing both the work and output would give the same output over time but just in smaller increments ie 200 work per 1 steel as said above. And that this would create the problem that they would haul every single thing. After testing they infact do haul the 1-3 they mine. Hence dropping in that case would be recommended.

I'm thinking I wasn't too clear with my reply before. Maybe the issue was my use of the word "scale".

The output you get is based on the miner's skill.  So a 20 miner would get way more than the normal amount.  You can remove that functionality by removing the

<efficencyStat>MiningSpeed</efficiencyStat>

line.  Without that, you will get exactly the amount in the products section.

And, yeah your explanation now makes that much more clear about what you meant about drop.

theubie

lc-soz

Your mod is just awesome! Much better than using Industrialisation Deep Mine in my option (principal because don't need to create a hole that is impossible to fill afterwards). The only thing that can improve, in my opinion, is the location where the miner is. Should be outside of the mining drill so it would be possible to put a chair and so improve his comfort and mood.

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

sulusdacor

@lc-soz: you can easily edit that yourself. just go in your modfiles of this mod to Defs/ThingDefs_Buildings/Buildings_Production_CoreDriller.xml to open the file just notepad oder anyother text edit program should work. at the top there is a line:

<interactionCellOffset>(0,0,-1)</interactionCellOffset>

this determines the spot where your worker stands. change the number to -2. so it looks like this:

<interactionCellOffset>(0,0,-2)</interactionCellOffset>

save and your done. and you can improve his mood by putting statues around and beautiful floor ;)

@theubie: great mod, one of my must haves. although as said above edited the interaction spot, made it minified and lowered the costs a bit. since i found it a bit expensive compared to the vanilla core driller, industrialisation mine. not so much the ressouces needed, but what it adds in terms of colony wealth seemed a bit over the top.

lc-soz

Quote from: sulusdacor on October 20, 2016, 06:21:04 AM
@lc-soz: you can easily edit that yourself. just go in your modfiles of this mod to Defs/ThingDefs_Buildings/Buildings_Production_CoreDriller.xml to open the file just notepad oder anyother text edit program should work. at the top there is a line:

<interactionCellOffset>(0,0,-1)</interactionCellOffset>

this determines the spot where your worker stands. change the number to -2. so it looks like this:

<interactionCellOffset>(0,0,-2)</interactionCellOffset>

save and your done. and you can improve his mood by putting statues around and beautiful floor ;)

@theubie: great mod, one of my must haves. although as said above edited the interaction spot, made it minified and lowered the costs a bit. since i found it a bit expensive compared to the vanilla core driller, industrialisation mine. not so much the ressouces needed, but what it adds in terms of colony wealth seemed a bit over the top.

Thank you very much. Good timing in the reply, was editing some xml on hydroponics of other mod.

About the cost, it is more expensive on purpose. More than vanilla because it have unlimited resources and more than industrialisation (I can't be the only one who always write industrialization and then corrects it..) because Deep Mine does not drill, the laser (Skydriller) that costs around 3500 silver smelt a hole. I think the concept of Deep Mine in industrialisation is only gather the resources from a pre-made hole. Beside all that Deep Core Miner do not create a permanent hole and, I am not completely sure, but I think it produces more resources in the same period of time (compared with Deep Mine).

What I think would be pretty cool is a MkII option. Could costs 10x more, consume 5x power and occupies 5x5 space, but have triple speed or something like that. In late game with 40 mods would be very useful.

OnlyMarvellous

Thanks for the mod, Theubie.

I wanted to let you know that adding "<soundWorking>Interact_Drill</soundWorking>" to the RecipeDefs will cause the Core Drill to play the same sound as the vanilla Deep Drill when it is used. I didn't like that the Core Drill was silent, so I made that edit for myself. However, others may wish to have a sound played as well. So I thought I'd post here so that you may add the sound to your mod, and/or users can do it themselves.

So, the recipes should look like this:

<RecipeDef>
      <defName>MiningDeepJade</defName>
      <label>mining deep jade</label>
      <description>mining deep jade.</description>
      <jobString>Mining deep jade</jobString>
      <workAmount>5000</workAmount>
      <efficiencyStat>MiningSpeed</efficiencyStat>
      <effectWorking>CutStone</effectWorking>
      <soundWorking>Interact_Drill</soundWorking>
      <workSkillLearnFactor>0.2</workSkillLearnFactor>
      <products>
         <Jade>5</Jade>
      </products>
      <workSkill>Mining</workSkill>
   </RecipeDef>
Run away!

Canute

QuoteAbout the cost, it is more expensive on purpose. More than vanilla because it have unlimited resources and more than industrialisation (I can't be the only one who always write industrialization and then corrects it..) because Deep Mine does not drill, the laser (Skydriller) that costs around 3500 silver smelt a hole. I think the concept of Deep Mine in industrialisation is only gather the resources from a pre-made hole. Beside all that Deep Core Miner do not create a permanent hole and, I am not completely sure, but I think it produces more resources in the same period of time (compared with Deep Mine).
I agree to him.
1. you are geting to much minerals out, special the from the valueables. 45-50 plasteel with my adv. builder bot from Robots. The amout of ore you get should reduced by the value of the ore.
The manipulator of the building should get a value of skill*manipulation*random (0.5 - 1.5) each dig. These value divided through the ore value give the amout of ore you are geting.

2. the material cost of the building is ok, but i think there should be a mining bill to drill to core first before you can drill for ore (5000 work).
Maybe you can differ some drill deeps like the fissions you made from an old mining mod. First just stones and steel, deeper for stones,steel,plasteel,silver. And the deepest for all (3k,6k,9k or 5k,10,15k work).
I don't think this can't be done without DLL. First you create a Drilling rig, where you can do one of the 3 drilling bills, and then the drilling rig get auto. changed into a mining rig for these deep once a bill get completed.

3. Automated mining, same like the standard mining but need an AI core + 500 silver or gold  to build, and more power use 3000 instead 2500.
Need extra research ofcourse.