[B19] Improved Infestation - Fewer Hives, More Aggressive Bugs

Started by twoski, September 03, 2016, 01:20:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fafn1r

Thanks for the update! :D
I'll be adding this mod to next release of my mod pack.

asquirrel

Just downloaded this:  twoski-rimworldmods-f620bfc02f94 from here:  https://bitbucket.org/twoski/rimworldmods/downloads

I know that infestation was updated for A16 (thanks!).  Are any of these other mods in the archive updated as well?
BetterSurgery
Bradley
Meltdown
Synthmeat
TombWorld

twoski

BetterSurgery and Bradley are not updated to a16. The rest work with a16 (but you need MISC-MapGenerator and MISC-Core by Haplo to use TombWorld).

twoski

updated for a17, please post bug reports on the steam page

notfood

Thank you. Much appreciated. This mod definitely improves the bug experience.

vinzzz001

How about creating a kind of 'Hive Queen'. A large, dangerous, insect that will eat the amassed food. Once she has eaten enough, she will settle somewhere to create a new hive, replacing the normal hive recreation method.

An alternative would be completely replacing hives with queens, eggs and the likes. the hives could still be there as a starting point/way to produce insect-jelly, but reproduction would be done by the queen.

Ashardalon411

Modo44

I think the "hive sends hunters" events should show up with some kind of warning, similar to how you get warned about raids starting.

Canute

You sure it is an event ?
They are predator on the prey for food, just like other animal predator, and you don't get a warning there too.

twoski

Quote from: Modo44 on September 17, 2017, 03:34:03 PM
I think the "hive sends hunters" events should show up with some kind of warning, similar to how you get warned about raids starting.

It will give a warning message on the top of the screen when a hunter bug goes out to hunt.

rawrfisher

Before I try this mod I want to ask if you know how this mod plays with the infested ship chunk event from sparkling worlds
Professional jerk
Want something broken let me know

twoski

it only changes hive behaviour. if infested chunk spawns hives then those hives won't reproduce, they will send out manhunters.

rawrfisher

Just not in swarms of 500+ bugs tho right?

Error in GenStep: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at RimWorld.GenStep_CaveHives.TrySpawnHive (Verse.Map map) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.GenStep_CaveHives.Generate (Verse.Map map, GenStepParams parms) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.MapGenerator.GenerateContentsIntoMap (IEnumerable`1 genStepDefs, Verse.Map map, Int32 seed) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Verse.Log:Error(String, Boolean)
Verse.MapGenerator:GenerateContentsIntoMap(IEnumerable`1, Map, Int32)
Verse.MapGenerator:GenerateMap(IntVec3, MapParent, MapGeneratorDef, IEnumerable`1, Action`1)
Verse.Game:InitNewGame_Patch3(Object)
Verse.Root_Play:<Start>m__1()
Verse.LongEventHandler:RunEventFromAnotherThread(Action)
Verse.LongEventHandler:<UpdateCurrentAsynchronousEvent>m__1()

Just gonna toss this out for lulz.  Will update with an actual bug report once I decide on a point for my next colony

Oh and infested ship chunks are basiclly armored hives that have the potential to spawn endless amounts of megascarabs

Ok so the ship chunks reproduce but the hives they generate dont. 
Professional jerk
Want something broken let me know

twoski